NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 06-15-2013, 11:53 PM

Default A few interesting things I saw at the yearly San Leandro Show Produced by Mark Macrae

Went to the once a year San Leandro show put on by Mark Mcrea, below are a few things I saw...A very pleasant show...I didn't make any buys but was tempted...There was a commercial Giants coffe cup and saucer I liked but sold before I could shoot it...priced $100.00

12TH ANNUAL
St. Leanders Summer Sports Collectors Show

Saturday,June 15th,2013
9 am -4 pm

Located at Ryan -O’Connell Hall ,575 West Estudillo Ave (Corner of San Leandro Blvd)
TAKE BART from anywhere in the Bay Area .Hall is directly across the street from SAN LEANDRO station. Driving by car, take I-880 to Davis Street. Drive east on Davis for 1 mile to San Leandro Blvd. Turn right on San Leandro Blvd. Hall is one block south on your left.

This Show Features ......

1) 75 Dealer Tables (SOLD OUT)

2) 100 Years of Sports Memorabilia for sale (1880’s-2010’s)

3) Knowledgeable Vendors,Many of whom are collectors themselves.

4) A Family atmosphere with no Adult oriented material on display.

ADMISSION $4 (Under 5 and over 65 $2)

photo PICT6508_zps9d90959c.jpg

photo PICT6507_zps1e98fab3.jpg

photo PICT6505_zps70a3630f.jpg

photo PICT6504_zps40374834.jpg

photo PICT6502_zpsf70d4991.jpg
Show Promoter Mark Macrae

photo PICT6501_zpsf6ca72e0.jpg

photo PICT6499_zpsc160139e.jpg

photo PICT6498_zpsef8ee104.jpg

photo PICT6492_zps20ff082b.jpg

photo PICT6497_zpsdc8406b6.jpg

photo PICT6491_zps45cc0054.jpg

photo PICT6489_zpsde870a57.jpg

Old 06-16-2013, 04:19 AM
J0n Fu.ld

Interesting thank you
Old 06-16-2013, 05:10 AM
James C
Dennis Choraz.yczewski

Great photo's. Do you happen to remember how much the 1968 Detroit Tigers banner was selling for?
Old 06-16-2013, 08:08 AM
Dan Bretta

I'd like to know how much that Grand Island team composite photo was priced at.

Thanks for the pics, Carlton!

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 06-16-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:28 AM
Bob Lemke

That guy in the Packers cap and "Waupaca" jersey must be a long way from home.

Waupaca is the county where I live in Central Wisconsin.

Link to my custom cards gallery:
http://tinyurl.com/customcards
Old 06-16-2013, 10:17 AM
Mark Macrae

Hey Carlton...Thanks for posting the nice pix, but one small correction. The shows are held twice a year (June and November) The next show is November 23 and will be the 29th annual. Everyone seemed to have a great time yesterday and a lot of people left the building carrying something. The Giants cup & saucer sold along with a bunch of really neat Giants material from the 60's, along with the Tigers banner. The buyer stopped by my table with it after he bought it.... The Waupaca fan is a longtime local collector that collects Minnesota and Wisconsin items, although we do have our share of out of towners that come out for the day....
Old 06-16-2013, 11:14 AM

Cool pictures, thanks.

Had I attended, I'm not sure I would've been able to leave without that 1968 Tigers framed piece.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:57 PM

Default Wrong Show Date Intervals

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaks1912 View Post
Hey Carlton...Thanks for posting the nice pix, but one small correction. The shows are held twice a year (June and November) The next show is November 23 and will be the 29th annual. Everyone seemed to have a great time yesterday and a lot of people left the building carrying something. The Giants cup & saucer sold along with a bunch of really neat Giants material from the 60's, along with the Tigers banner. The buyer stopped by my table with it after he bought it.... The Waupaca fan is a longtime local collector that collects Minnesota and Wisconsin items, although we do have our share of out of towners that come out for the day....
Mark, I so apologize for that...my big mistake on the show date intervals!!!! That was the second time I had been to your show. For some reason I usually forget or don't hear about it and miss it....

Yes that Detroit banner had my attention, offered by John Bachtold of Wala Wala Washington I believe...At $295.00 I thought there was room in it...but too contemporary for my collection...I did go back and eyeball it close up to see what it was made of...appeared to be a heavy nylon...and the real thing...that is, team issued...like maybe something from the stadium...I mean for a serious Tigers collector...if that was from the stadium...I would think $295.00 would be a no brainer dancing out to the car deal...

When I think back I have no idea why I didn't shoot the booth of Sal Dichiera of Amazing Adventures, from San Francisco...He had a bunch of very good stuff...a team issued San Francisco Seals canvas zippered tote bag I looked at that was remarkable...He had a University of California tobacco tin that was another killer piece....had there been football graphics on it I'd have been all over it..but even without it was still great...He had an early...very early John L. Sullivan sheet music with a thin young faced John L. on the cover that would have to be one of the best boxing sheet music pieces I've ever seen... and there was a whole lot more in his booth I assume he'll have at the National!

photo PICT6495_zps02e5f4a1.jpg

photo PICT6496_zpsab0da807.jpg

photo PICT6493_zps6846fd4f.jpg

Alan O’Conner of Sacramento, author of Gold on the Diamond: Sacramento’s Great Baseball Players 1886 to 1976, had the 1906 Grand Island team photo…I saw that and zeroed in like a missile…Had a $900.00 price tag on it and I’m pretty sure he said he was negotiable…and it seemed like a $900 photo…for a minor league team it really had the look…classy and great condition…Alan’s email is: alanoconnor@sbcglobal.net

photo PICT6500_zpsf37438c2.jpg

Another Allan, this one with two L’s…Allan Wegscheider of San Jose…had the booth with the big 46” tall Antique Whiskey/Kessler’s Whiskey football player statue. He had a truck load of just plain cool sports antiques…Allan is very resourceful….you never know what he’s gonna have.

I got the Spalding baseball shoes from him a couple years back…does military stuff big time too…Unfortunately he’s not going to the National this year…He had a UCLA football seat cushion I should have taken a close in shot of but that you can see in the photo above…I considered getting but again I’m trying to save deniro and it didn’t really hit the gotta have it level…and he had a nice, very Victorian, Minnesota football pillow which is the typical surprise kind of piece he gets….very cool..

Old 06-16-2013, 05:55 PM
James C
Dennis Choraz.yczewski

I would have paid $500.00 for the Tigers banner. They're quite rare especially in that shape.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:07 PM
And.rew Whi.te

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Lemke View Post
That guy in the Packers cap and "Waupaca" jersey must be a long way from home.

Waupaca is the county where I live in Central Wisconsin.
Bob I thought the same thing. I live south of you in the Lake Geneva area and saw the Waupaca jersey and thought right away he is a long way from home. Is Ding's Dock still up there?
Old 06-16-2013, 10:56 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayheykid54 View Post
I would have paid $500.00 for the Tigers banner. They're quite rare especially in that shape.
Yup.... I was thinking the same... easily a $500 piece, provided the frame isn't hiding any problems with the hanger at top/fringe at the bottom. Someone apparently got a nice buy!
Old 06-19-2013, 10:14 AM

Default Mike Maysenhalder and CONDO

Mike Maysenhalder, the nation's leading expert on Willie Mays memorabilia, and his best friend, CONDO from WISCONSIN displayed their treasures at the Greatest Show on Earth, Mark Macrae's Saint Leander's Show. Mike specializes in vintage San Francisco Giants, San Francisco 49ers, Oakland Raiders and Oakland A's memorabilis as well as Willie Mays rarities. Mike can be reached at michaelmays24@comcast.net.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:09 AM
T!M R10rd@n

Just wanted to say THANKS!

I always love your storeis and photos, both here and on your site.

Thanks again.