NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 08-28-2011, 09:56 PM

Default TEDZ Help!! 1947 Bond Bread....

TEDZ if your still around I need your help...

or anyone who knows the real deal...

i've researched the 1947 Bond Bread and Homogenized Bond Bread Jackie Robinson cards...

for over a month now...and i'm still confused??????

Is 1947 Bond Bread a completely different set/different company from 1947 Homogenized Bond Bread cards??

Does one set contain rounded corners only and the other set have 13 SQUARE corners??

I really would like to complete BOTH sets, but if one is a reprint set that would save me time, especially since i'm from west coast.

helppppppp.......
Old 08-29-2011, 07:27 AM
Shaun Fyffe

Jackie...

The D302 set is the set with the 13 different poses. The set only features Jackie Robinson. They are marked by their white borders, and they do have square corners. They are also very difficult to find (only 2 people have full sets on the registry - Spence, and another individual). For that reason, they are the priciest of Jackie Robinson cards. I personally am putting together this set. Below is an example.

The D305 Bond Bread set features Jackie Robinson, and 47 others. This set has rounded or die cut corners. Ted will probably be able to talk about this set in more detail than I, but I do know that many of the square cut cards were printed later. You can usually tell by their backs. PSA will not grade any cards from this set, though SGC will grade the cards with die cut corners.

Currently seeking Jackie Robinson cards
Old 08-29-2011, 07:28 AM
Shaun Fyffe

Regarding the set of 13..

Just an interesting tidbit. Don Spence told me that it took him 6 years to complete his first set.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:11 AM
Josh Alpert

And the sad thing is that a bunch of the Homogenized Bond Bread Robinson cards are very well done counterfeits, and PSA doesn't even know how to tell them apart from the real ones, so there are plenty of fake ones in PSA holders.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:20 PM
Shaun Fyffe

I haven't heard anything about the Bond Bond Robinson set of 13 being counterfeited. I do know that there are number of the set of 48 that are, but not the Robinson set. Where have you heard that about the Robinson set? I believe even Ted Z had said that nobody has really attempted the Robinson set in one of the threads discussing these issues.

I'd honestly have a hard time believing there are a bunch of counterfeits from that set considering how few there are in the pop reports.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:39 PM
Josh Alpert

I was trying to locate a scan I have of several of the sliding pose cards, all side by side. The centering is identical on every one of them and the wear was all manufactured.

I know that card as well as the autographed one has been counterfeited. You have to look at the cards under a 10x loupe and you can see distinct differences in the printing, especially on the reverse.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:00 PM
Shaun Fyffe

Josh,

Interesting... are the sliding cards you have side by side all graded?

I am honestly surprised that there aren't more of the cards on the market if there are indeed counterfeits floating around.

Aside from the card with the facsimile signature, these cards pop up on eBay VERY rarely, and I've seen very few from any of the auction houses in 2011. The Jackie from the set of 48, on the other hand, comes up quite frequently.

Old 09-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default 1947 Bond Bread

Hey guys

We were away on vacation and this is my first chance to respond here. I have not collected the Jackie Robinson set of 13 cards.
Only the 48-card general set was available in my neighborhood back in 1947.

Therefore, I cannot add much here regarding the JRobby cards, other than they are SQUARE and I have not heard of them being
counterfeited.

Also, if you decide to collect this 13-card set or the original 48-card (ROUND corners) set, you will be in for quite a challenge.

Here are links to prior Net54 discussions on these 1947 sets......

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...947+bond+bread

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...947+bond+bread

Best regards,

TED Z
Old 07-26-2016, 02:43 PM
doug

Default 1947 -1949 Bond Bread????????? Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackierobinson View Post
TEDZ if your still around I need your help...

or anyone who knows the real deal...

i've researched the 1947 Bond Bread and Homogenized Bond Bread Jackie Robinson cards...

for over a month now...and i'm still confused??????

Is 1947 Bond Bread a completely different set/different company from 1947 Homogenized Bond Bread cards??

Does one set contain rounded corners only and the other set have 13 SQUARE corners??

I really would like to complete BOTH sets, but if one is a reprint set that would save me time, especially since i'm from west coast.

helppppppp.......
I have what I believe is the second set issued, because in 47 I was 9 and not interested in cards, but in 48 and 49 I was interested and that is when I got these cards. I have 22 of square corners, but they were all taped at the corners in a scrapbook for all these years. So therefore the grade would be diminished. I am writing to let you know that these are authentic, because I have had them for 67 years
Old 07-26-2016, 08:29 PM
Dan Be$$e++e

Quote:
Originally Posted by doolittle1.1.1 View Post
I have what I believe is the second set issued, because in 47 I was 9 and not interested in cards, but in 48 and 49 I was interested and that is when I got these cards. I have 22 of square corners, but they were all taped at the corners in a scrapbook for all these years. So therefore the grade would be diminished. I am writing to let you know that these are authentic, because I have had them for 67 years
78 and using the Internet! You, sir, are a rare bird!
Old 07-27-2016, 09:56 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBesse27 View Post
78 and using the Internet! You, sir, are a rare bird!
Ted is quite a guy! You'll find him to be one of the most knowledgable members on the board.

Ted is also one of the contributors to the Standard Catalog of Vintage Baseball Cards book!

I believe a couple others on the board are too.....Net54 has definitely got some hobby heavies here.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:59 PM
Dan Be$$e++e

I actually wasn't teasing Ted, I was teasing Doug. But all in good fun.

You're right, Net54 is a really knowledgeable group. I enjoy my time here.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:58 AM
doug

Quote:

the teasing was taken in good fun, but on a more serious side, I have been trying to post about a Arnold Palmer Unique Golf Bag,but no luck so far. It is in my section, click on it and the Album pops up, but how then can I move it all to the best area.. Doug
Old 07-28-2016, 07:10 AM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

Quote:

I took it as all in good fun!!! Everyone here is pretty good and usually can bring something to the table!

This is my favorite site to check as I'm able, and before I hit the sack each night.

Last edited by KCRfan1; 07-28-2016 at 07:11 AM.