NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 04-26-2012, 10:15 AM
Richard Simon

Default Still questions about GFA Authenticated

I again tried to write to them, this time using a link to one of their founders, directly on their website.

This is what I got in return:

"Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

jackie@gfaauthenticated.com"

You would think this company would have an operating e mail system which is using their domain name, but my e mail attempt DID NOT EVEN GO THROUGH.
Mr. Rocchi, Ms. Gomez can you possibly explain this lack of communication with the public? This is not my first attempt to contact them.
So far I have only seen their certs on AtAuction.com and I think we have discussed that site already. Formerly the home of Mr. Burczyk and Mr. Morales.
Come on Steve, you were never shy before. What is the problem now?
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 04-26-2012, 10:36 AM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
I again tried to write to them, this time using a link to one of their founders, directly on their website.

You would think this company would have an operating e mail system which is using their domain name, but my e mail attempt DID NOT EVEN GO THROUGH.
Mr. Rocchi, Ms. Gomez can you possibly explain this lack of communication with the public? This is not my first attempt to contact them.
So far I have only seen their certs on AtAuction.com and I think we have discussed that site already. Formerly the home of Mr. Burczyk and Mr. Morales.
Why would you pick her to write?
Old 04-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Christopher Williams

Default Steve Rocchi Mickey Mantle

It certainly didn't take long for a Mickey Mantle signed photograph authenticated by Guaranteed Forensic Authenticators (Steve Rocchi) to show up on Ebay.

It didn't last long. It was removed rather quickly. Geez, I wonder why.

GFA-Mantle-5.jpg

GFA-Mantle-6.jpg

GFA-Mantle-7.jpg

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 04-26-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:20 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:

Looks like Steve Rocchi (Guaranteed Forensic Authenticators) is not accepting public submissions.

It also looks like Mr. Rocchi is the primary authenticator for AtAuction.com.

AtAuction.com has sold approximately one dozen of the below Mickey Mantle signed photograph during the past few weeks and forensically examined by Steve Rocchi.

I guess Mr. Rocchi's forensic examination doesn't include a spell check. Gotta love the Milkey Mantle.

GFA-Mantle-200.jpg

GFA-Mantle-201.jpg

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 04-26-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Steve Zarelli

Another rat that has sold his name for a few bucks.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:23 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Is that Mickey or Milkey Mantle?
Old 04-26-2012, 12:09 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
Is that Mickey or Milkey Mantle?
Milkey Cabrera maybe??
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 04-26-2012, 12:10 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschwade View Post
Why would you pick her to write?
My motives were pure as the driven snow .
It was a choice between Mr. Rocchi and Ms. Gomez,,, not hard to choose there.
--
Old 04-26-2012, 12:14 PM

I would think the email problem was a website design or email setup mixup. I don't know why a company, even a bad one, would intentionally list non-existant emails.

Last edited by drc; 04-26-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc View Post
I would think the email problem was a website design or email setup mixup. I don't know why a company, even a bad one, would intentionally list non-existant emails.
To create an appearance of legitimacy to the casual browser. The 1 in 100 who actually try to email them, they can always claim "I didn't get it" or "technical difficulties."

Just speculating...
Old 04-26-2012, 01:51 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
David, do you really believe that?

Six months and they haven't corrected it yet? Really?
Old 04-26-2012, 02:01 PM

I'm not saying stupid businesses don't do stupid things, but that would be a most bizarre marketing technique. Like painting an entrance door on your hobby shop so it looks like a real door to passersby. If you don't really want people to email, simply don't post emails on your company web site.

Last edited by drc; 04-26-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:04 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
I'm not saying a stupid business wouldn't do stupid things, but that would be a most bizarre marketing technique. Like painting an entrance door on your hobby shop, so it looks like a real door to passersby. If you don't really want people to email, simply don't post emails on your company web site.
There is no marketing.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Even if that were true David, the problem has been in existence since day 1 of the website being up. E mails bouncing or contact forms not being answered. This company has not answered one query, and there have been a number of them, since they opened their doors.
And the only authentication they appear to be doing is for AtAuction.com.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 04-26-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Even if that were true David, the problem has been in existence since day 1 of the website being up. E mails bouncing or contact forms not being answered. This company has not answered one query, and there have been a number of them, since they opened their doors.
And the only authentication they appear to be doing is for AtAuction.com.
Exactly.

They (GFA) opened their doors on Sept. 12, 2011 and six months later the emails are still bouncing. Please!!!!

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 04-26-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:25 PM

So your suggestion then would seem to may be a front or a superficiality or whatever, and the web site is merely there to make everything appear legit to the casual collector-- and that a real authentication company website, trying to get customers as most companies try to do, would have such things as working email addresses.

Last edited by drc; 04-26-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Richard Simon

It is hard to say what it is when they never answer any queries but people can draw their own conclusions.
Some collectors here on 54 were interested when they saw the posted rates for authentication ($10-30) but those rates don't mean a thing if you cannot submit any items.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 04-26-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
So your suggestion then would seem to may be a front or a superficiality or whatever, and the web site is merely there to make everything appear legit to the casual collector-- and that a real authentication company website, trying to get customers as most companies try to do, would have such things as working email addresses.
Can you explain otherwise?
Old 04-26-2012, 03:16 PM
Christopher Williams

Default Stephen Rocchi GFA, Guaranteed Forensic Authenticators

Looks like Stephen Rocchi (Guaranteed Forensic Authenticators) and his staff also certifies and grades coins for AtAuction.com.

gfa-nickel1.jpg

gfa-nickel2.jpg

gfa-barber.jpg
Old 04-26-2012, 03:37 PM
Richard Simon

Pretty interesting marketing tactic as there is ZERO mention of coin grading on their website.
This is quite an interesting company you have there Steve.
--