NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 04-24-2012, 06:05 AM
Vincent Hecksel

Default I realize this one doesn't qualify . . .

. . . but still a shame that umpire error still counts against qualification of this effort as a perfect game.

(image has been "borrowed" from ebay)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AGalarraga8x10.jpg (19.6 KB, 126 views)
Old 04-26-2012, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexsHeroes View Post

. . . but still a shame that umpire error still counts against qualification of this effort as a perfect game.

(image has been "borrowed" from ebay)
Vincent,
I totally agree!

Last edited by Scott Garner; 04-26-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:47 AM
R@nda!! H@hn

I just got back from a west coast 7 ballpark tour with my nephew. We were in Seattle for a game on the 17th. Missed that perfecto by 4 days! We were sitting in a restaurant in San Diego and saw the last inning. To fly 3000 miles and miss by 4 days, ughhhh! And one of the rarest feats in baseball. Anyway, here are my Jim Bunning and Roy Halladay tickets.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 111111.jpg (77.7 KB, 103 views)
Old 04-26-2012, 07:01 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Randall, I hope you caught us out here in So.Cal while we were having several days of summer like weather. Today it's pouring rain...aghhh!
Old 04-26-2012, 02:39 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

Was in SD on Sat. , Angels Sun. , Dodgers Mon. I think it was pretty overcast most of the time but no rain during games. Was quite impressed with California. Had a lot of time to see SF area.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:28 PM

Default Perfect game pitcher autographs

On October 8th, 2006 a close friend of mine, Joe DeMattio, attended an evening dinner event in NYC that celebrated the 50th anniversary of Dan Larsen's World Series perfect game in 1956. Many perfect game pitcher alumni were in attendance at this event.

Perfect game pitcher Tom Browning sat at Joe's table. The thoughtful guy that he was, Joe had "Mr. Perfect" sign and personalize his program for the evening to me knowing that I am a big no-hit and perfect game collector.
Over the last few years I've managed to run down the autographs of several of the pitchers that were in attendance that night with a special assist from net54's own Randall Hahn.

Anyway, I lack only Sandy Koufax, Kenny Rogers and Randy Johnson to have this project completed. They would have been the only other two living members of this group, although I'm quite sure that The Gambler was not in attendance as he was chasing down a World Series berth in 2006 with the Detroit Tigers, FWIW.
I think it makes for a great signed piece of the perfect game club.

It has special meaning to me because every time I look at it I remember my friend Joe and all the great conversations that we had about the hobby and collecting tickets through the years. Joe had the best collection of tickets to Mickey Mantle HR games going and he was an expert in the area of game used baseball and basketball uniforms. RIP Joe. You're missed...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Don Larsen 50th anniversary signed program.jpg (78.0 KB, 150 views)

Last edited by Scott Garner; 11-18-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:11 PM
Steve Zarelli

Great piece, Scott. Love it.

Is the Gambler adverse to autographs? A review of ebay shows very little material for a modern player.