NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Football Cards Forum

Old 12-21-2013, 06:15 PM
Ki.rk Rob.inson

Erik,

Glad to be able to sprinkle a little Holiday Cheer your way.
I certainly appreciate the oppourtunity to show some of this stuff off to you guys.
It's part of what makes it fun.
Happy Holidays To You & Yours!!
Kirk

Last edited by mojorob; 12-22-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:24 PM
Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojorob View Post
Erik,

Glad to be able to sprinkle a little Holiday Cheer your way.
Happy Holidays To You & Yours!!
Another great display Kirk and Merry Christmas to you as well.

Last edited by Samsdaddy; 12-21-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:05 AM

Erik

Im a scanner junkie as well(as if you didn't already know)

Ive got three brother, but none of them were into the cards like I was when we were kids. With the kind of steller collection Kirk has been posting I would adopted him anyday as a Brother. I would even encourage him to keep his cards in my room!

As for how the Kelloggs cards were issued Im not sure, but I assume they could be had in the cereal boxes. Maybe Kirk has more insight on that.

I carefully scanned over the 70's pics you posted Kirk and did not see my White whale card, Dave Osborn #147

Also wanted to ask just how you came to have so much product like that?
It would certainly cost one a small fortune to aquire unopened boxes of 1970 product in todays crazy market. Im not even sure where one would find that kind of stuff. Kirk?

John
Old 12-22-2013, 10:18 AM
Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne View Post
Erik

Ive got three brother, but none of them were into the cards like I was when we were kids. With the kind of steller collection Kirk has been posting I would adopted him anyday as a Brother. I would even encourage him to keep his cards in my room!

As for how the Kelloggs cards were issued Im not sure, but I assume they could be had in the cereal boxes. Maybe Kirk has more insight on that.

I carefully scanned over the 70's pics you posted Kirk and did not see my White whale card, Dave Osborn #147

It would certainly cost one a small fortune to aquire unopened boxes of 1970 product in todays crazy market. Im not even sure where one would find that kind of stuff. Kirk?

John
You, a scanner junkie John??? I never noticed.

I, for one, am glad you are a scanner junkie. Keep it up!

Between the two of you and your collections, we might never see you both as all you would do is look at your stuff. I would not blame you as that is what I would do for hours on end.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:26 AM

What the heck, I forgot to put a few pics in my last post!!

Your killing me softly with those pics of yours Kirk

Leroy Kelly was one of the Great backs in history, Problem was he was Jim Browns replacement.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Erik

Nice cards John.

Another question for you though on the Kelloggs cards. How do you store them? They are notorious for curling so I would not think you would put them in binders. Top loaders? I can't stand top loaders myself though I have a set of cards in them. I prefer the Card Saver 1's but not sure they would help with Kelloggs cards in keeping them flat.
Old 01-06-2016, 02:25 PM
Jay T.

1975 was magical for me. I had very few football cards but my friend had a ton of these. I suppose I may have bought one or two packs of 1975s. The first set I really bought any significant amount of packs was from 1977.
Both of these have sentimental meaning to me, although I enjoy the 1975 set more. What I dislike most about the set is the hard to read numbers on the back.
If I were to rank them in order, I'd go like this...

If you want the nicest set of all, the Kelloggs sets were clearly nicer than anything Topps offered.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:26 PM
Jeff P

Thanks all for reviving this thread! To help people decide what they like, here is a scan of each year:

jeff
Old 01-07-2016, 03:58 AM
Jeff P

Thanks all for reviving this thread! I like'em all!

jeff
Old 12-23-2013, 07:52 AM
Ki.rk Rob.inson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne View Post
Erik

John
On the 1970 Kellogg's Issues ....... The 3-D's were issued one per box and they also had a mail in oppourtunity, where you could order the complete set.
I was eating Kellogg's Corn Flakes: Mourning, Noon & Night during that 1970 Season.
As my Mom would only buy another box once the current one was completely gone.
It got to the point where I was actually digging holes and burying the stuff in the back yard.
Kind of Pre John Wayne Gacy type stuff.
I can tell your examples were the mail in variety John, as you can tell buy the little .... for lack of a better term small "Chads" attachments still on the top of the cards.

I think quite possibly we might have also had a White Whale Siting.
I'll try and post up a scan here a little later once my camera battery charges up.

Funny Thing, as a kid Leroy Kelly was by far My favorite football player.
Man #44 from Morgan State.
The Ultimate Mudder, had the ability to run flat footed and still make his cuts.
Great Player there for a few years!

On a much more somber note, I became a Life Long Browns Fan in 1968.
Nuff said on that.

Last edited by mojorob; 12-23-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:32 AM
Erik

My condolences to you Kirk on being a Browns fan. I can relate a little as back in the 1970s O.J. Simpson was my favorite player so the Buffalo Bills were my favorite team. Talk about mediocre...the Bills had two and a half good seasons the whole decade and could not for the life of them beat the Dolphins. Top all that off with the saga of O.J. after football.

My family grew up eating Kelloggs Corn Flakes and Rice Krispies. My parents never bought the good stuff. The good stuff being all cereals that had the word "sugar" in their title such as Sugar Frosted Flakes and Sugar Corn Pops. I had to sleep over at my neighbors house to enjoy the sugar laden cereals the next day and of course, I would have several bowls to make up for the lack sweet cereal at my house.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:36 PM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojorob View Post
On the 1970 Kellogg's Issues ....... The 3-D's were issued one per box and they also had a mail in oppourtunity, where you could order the complete set.
I was eating Kellogg's Corn Flakes: Mourning, Noon & Night during that 1970 Season.
As my Mom would only buy another box once the current one was completely gone.
It got to the point where I was actually digging holes and burying the stuff in the back yard.
Kind of Pre John Wayne Gacy type stuff.
I can tell your examples were the mail in variety John, as you can tell buy the little .... for lack of a better term small "Chads" attachments still on the top of the cards.

I think quite possibly we might have also had a White Whale Siting.
I'll try and post up a scan here a little later once my camera battery charges up.

Funny Thing, as a kid Leroy Kelly was by far My favorite football player.
Man #44 from Morgan State.
The Ultimate Mudder, had the ability to run flat footed and still make his cuts.
Great Player there for a few years!

On a much more somber note, I became a Life Long Browns Fan in 1968.
Nuff said on that.
+1

I spent the 70s eating/drinking my way toward a collection

Kelloggs, Hostess, Sugar Daddies, Squirt, etc.

jeff
Old 12-31-2013, 09:55 AM

New to the forum...Need i say that the 1975 set is my favorite....Have bought vending boxes, packs, racks, and other collections. Love the color, and this set has about 70+ HOF player cards in it.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:26 PM
Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmatpal View Post

New to the forum...Need i say that the 1975 set is my favorite....Have bought vending boxes, packs, racks, and other collections. Love the color, and this set has about 70+ HOF player cards in it.
Welcome to the forum ronmatpal.

Ah, my favorite O.J. card. I was such an O.J. and Bills fan in the mid 70's. I even cried after they lost a game to the Jets in 1974 and my older sister made fun of me.

Last edited by Samsdaddy; 12-31-2013 at 06:00 PM.