NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Brian Horne

Default t206.org valuations?

I was trying to find values for t206 cards and having a really hard time. I normally use ebay completed listings to get a ballpark price for cards (works well for topps/bowman) but since t206 seem to have so many more variables Player/Pose/Condition/Back, this method doesn't work very well.

I came across the valuation feature on t206.org and wondering what opinions collectors had with regards to the prices given.

Also I have a question regarding how to grade cards that appear to be trimmed or have back damage.
To pick the very first card alphabetically here is an example-
Abbaticchio (blue Sleeves) Piedmont 150 factory 25

Poor $13
Fair $18
Good $20
VG $25
VG-EX $38
Ex $63

If you have this card that Grades VG-EX but paper loss on the back how would you suggest grading the card, do you reduce by multiple grades or always drop to a certain level?
If it appears to be trimmed would you drop the value the same way or differently?
Old 12-06-2012, 04:50 PM
nels0n aud.et

I just check for a couple graded card and the price are low if i compare with the past auction result.

honus wagner psa 1 : 320K
honus wagner sgc10 : 240K

wow what a difference 80 000 for a holder LOL

Last edited by g_vezina_c55; 12-06-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Brian Horne

I seem to be seeing the same thing, prices are lower then actual sale prices. However I am focused on cards that are worth a bit less .

Any other opinions or maybe a suggestion of another way to determine values for these cards?
Old 12-06-2012, 08:09 PM
nels0n aud.et

Yep

Price are low
Old 12-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Mike C@.v3

Default my 2 cents

Hey Brian,

When I first got into pre-war a few years ago, I used T206.org (thanks Trae) as a "guide" to help me when I was ready to pull the trigger on some T206's. Right now, it seems like 206.org is a little low on their valuations and just needs updated. You are dead on by looking at Ebay completed listings to find the price...but know that they do vary depending on a lot of things: grading company, appeal (big one) and how they are advertised. These are just a few big reasons they sell for the prices they do on Ebay...there are other reasons as well. Check out vintagecardprices.com sometime...that's a good place to get price estimates on cards as well.

Here are some price range for commons:

Poor to Fair - $12-$18
Good $20-$30
Very Good $30-$45
VG-EX $45-$60
EX $85-$110

Remember that appeal has a lot to do with the price set...not always the technical grade!

One great thing about T206.org is that it is a great guide to look up and find different variations, which are worth more...maybe a lot, maybe slightly. One example is Ed Reulbach, "Glove Showing"...this version is priced higher than "no glove showing"...this is where T206.org helped me learn more about the different values of commons.

With trimmed cards, the prices dip quite significantly. I'd say most trimmed T206's sell as if that card graded out as if it were in "Poor to Good" condition, unless the card is very rare or something of that nature. The prices do vary, but usually the selling price is close to the poor to good selling value of that particular card.

With any card that has paper loss, the highest grade it should receive no matter how nice it is should be a Good "2", but if the card is in outstanding condition otherwise, the selling price should bring in more because the card has better appeal than most "2's". However, I'd say cards with paper loss are graded as Poor or Fair in most cases...I was just saying that cards with paper loss should grade no higher than a 2....but unfortunately there are a lot of cards out there in high graded slabs with paper loss deceiving a lot of people, but that's another story

Sorry for the long rant, but I gave you all I had. Good luck collecting!
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48
Old 12-07-2012, 09:31 AM

Try cardtarget.com.

They provide the most recent sales price for every front/back/grade.

On the home page under the "Price History" tab select "T-series" then "T206."
Old 12-07-2012, 10:25 AM
nels0n aud.et

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreader3 View Post
Try cardtarget.com.

They provide the most recent sales price for every front/back/grade.

On the home page under the "Price History" tab select "T-series" then "T206."
this website is verry cool thanks for sharing it.. I will use it .
Old 12-07-2012, 02:06 PM

Mike, you're completely correct. Could not agree more. There are much harder variations, and I used to use the same website when I first started. Back a few years ago, it was much more accurate. The issue is, the site does not list the premiums on tough cards such as Ganley, Titus, Doyle, Tenney, Beaumont, etc. It's not a bad start, but you're not going to find a Doyle in a 4 for $65.
Schlei (Catching) Back run: 10/12 (minus blank back)

Actively collecting t206 Hall of Famers, Southern Leaguers, and Various backs in good to excellent condition. Love talking cards too.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:35 PM
Mike C@.v3

Thanks Waz! 206.org does not account for several variations, but overall, it does help indeed!

Scott, totally forgot about cardtarget.com...thanks for mentioning that. I had that site saved under my favorites, but forgot all about it.
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48