NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-15-2018, 10:30 PM
Rocky Rockwell

Default askew

For those needing computer entertainment regarding centering, google the word "ASKEW"............. prepare yourself.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:41 AM
Mike

What's the problem? The card IS in the center of the scan.......
Old 08-16-2018, 05:19 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDocter View Post
For those needing computer entertainment regarding centering, google the word "ASKEW"............. prepare yourself.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 08-16-2018, 05:25 AM
Peter Spaeth

Note how even though this card is very well-centered left to right, the word "Pirates" is not -- the P extends past the picture on the left while the S is aligned. I think there should be another level of scrutiny beyond mere borders.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bonds.jpg (37.8 KB, 190 views)

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 08-16-2018, 05:51 AM
Robert Kasenter

Default Peter

Peter is very sensitive about centering right now after I pointed out that the 9.5 centering on his Jeter rookie was a bit inferior. He has now realized that his Bonds rookie is in really poor condition and now he has to throw out his entire collection and start over. Not that he is alone. Just look at my embarrassing Ted Williams rookie. It's 65/35 with inferior corners a some toning. I better trade it for some well centered 1989 Fleer commons while I still can
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0450.jpg (73.7 KB, 184 views)
Old 08-16-2018, 06:27 AM
Peter Spaeth

I hope this one doesn't cause people viewing it to seek treatment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg williams39.jpg (77.8 KB, 178 views)

Old 08-16-2018, 12:40 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I hope this one doesn't cause people viewing it to seek treatment.
Thais a nice looking card Peter.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:30 AM
Robert Kasenter

Default of course this is better

While I think everyone agrees that we should call Peter out on his poorly centered Bonds, there was a time in the dark pre-psa era where cards were simply ex-mt, vg-ex and p-f and everyone would say "really nice Williams rookie". Now you spend a small fortune on a Ted Williams rookie and then you realize that you have been duped into buying one with 60/40 centering. There are 12 psa 9s and a psa 10 and all of those collectors are laughing at you. You go on anxiety medication and explain to your children that they cannot go to college because you need the 10 and you apologize for embarrassing the family with a psa 8 Williams. Things today are so much better.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:50 AM
Robert Kasenter

Default sad

You are just showing me up on the Ted Williams rookie to take the focus off your crappy Bonds rookie
Old 08-16-2018, 07:05 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkas68 View Post
You are just showing me up on the Ted Williams rookie to take the focus off your crappy Bonds rookie
Thankfully my Bo Jackson rookie has centered lettering to go along with centered borders. Life is good.