NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-14-2009, 03:55 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Rawn

Very honestly it's not the double wide that upsets me at all. Heck, I think if it were out on some land of my own I could almost live in one. I am sure there are good people that live in them too. Elkins isn't one of them.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Dan Bretta

Jim, for all the reasons Leon listed is why I believe Elkins has no integrity. His little "I hate Leon" forum is something to behold. Have you ever seen anything like that on the internet before? Before you made a few posts there in the last week or so I don't believe anyone has posted there in a year besides Elkins and his made up friend. I understand that the cards will always trump everything in this hobby and some people will still deal with him, but just take an hour or so to read some of his ramblings on that site. One sick dude.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Jim

I am very sincere in saying that I would also just like to talk about cards with my friends. That is something this board is very good for. I hope you can make it to the National this year and make the Net54 Dinner. We have a really good time.....happy collecting.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:28 PM
Jim R

you know, I was in Atlantic City when you had teh first dinner but didn't come because I really didn't know anybody. I am not sure about Cleveland but I will be at the Baltimore one in 2010. I will also be set up with my partner , Ted Z. at Philly. I look forward to hanging out and talking cards.

I am not going to say anything else about Scott-I will be talking cards with the 54 members.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:22 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

There are a hundred reasons why Elkins is the most vile degenerate in our hobby and only reasons 1-9 can be found in his insane 'forum' where he is the only member (except when he occasionally invents friends). It's no coincidence that he has been kicked off every board he has ever been on -- and yet it's always someone's fault but his own. Threats of violence, actual violence, fraud in our hobby -- Elkins is proud of it all. How he has time to partake in so many fine ventures is impressive; woops, I forgot: he's disabled.

All I can say is that due to my work I have been around plenty of people despised by society and I have to say that none have been as truly nauseating as Scott Elkins. And trust me, that says a lot.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:52 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Very honestly it's not the double wide that upsets me at all. Heck, I think if it were out on some land of my own I could almost live in one.
I'd never live in one of those; they're tornado magnets. How many times have you ever read a news story about how a tornado devastated a neighborhood of million dollar mansions? Now how many times have they shown a picture of trailer trash picking through trailer trash after a tornado busted up their trailer park?

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 05-15-2009 at 06:53 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:17 AM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
I'd never live in one of those; they're tornado magnets.

I have always said, if I ever become a Mayor of a city, I will build a decoy trailer park on the outskirts to attract all the tornados that come through the area, thus keeping my city safe!
Old 05-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Rich Klein

Default I don't remember the reasons

But I heard a really good explanation of why tornados "pick on" trailer parks. If someone could find said explanation; Jim's tounge-in-cheek solution actually makes sense for the public safety.

Rich
Old 05-15-2009, 09:55 AM

I've always said that there are two kinds of people who live in Trailers,
those who have to in order to reach their goals in life,and those who do because they have reached their goals in life.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:55 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

I have had a very few select folks in cyberspace hint that I was a bit hard on the beaver if you will in regards to Kevin and this issue.

For the record I would like to make my point clear incase anyone else feels this way...

I will make this simple and clear as I think I have spent way too much time on this. My job is not to provide a detailed report to you that Kevin is up to no good that’s for you to decide based on what was said. This is not Chan or an FBI deal two totally different animals.

People will take what they will from his awful comments and let’s be honest here that was some pretty messed up stuff he said let’s not put icing on a turd and call it cake.

My stance is I’m not going to sit on information in which a known card doctor is bragging about fraud to a targeted group regardless of what the public opinion of him may or may not be. If that makes me a bad guy in your eyes so be it.

I would guess I'm not on Chan's Xmas card list this year either...

Sorry good guy or not. I have zero tolerance for scammers real or fantasy land liars doesn’t matter.

However you want to spin it it’s not cool and it’s not what we should expect from anyone. Especially someone with the outspoken nature that Kevin has against this very practice…extremely hypocritical to say the least and potentially criminal!

The point is simple make folks aware, it’s your call what you do with the info.

Time will tell if it was a monumentally mean spirited stupid lie or something far far worse.

Cheers,

John
Old 05-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

John, you've got no reason to explain your motives as you were not the one caught discussing altering cards and defrauding Net 54 members -- Kevin was.

Last edited by calvindog; 05-15-2009 at 01:09 PM.