NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 05-13-2014, 05:18 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Default In Seattle for the week....

Hey guys,

I am in Seattle for the week for work and plan on taking in the Mariners game this evening and thought I would ask if any guys out here know of any good memorabilia shops to check out? I know Mill Creek is in the area, but wasn't sure of anything else.

Thanks in advance guys.
James
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 05-13-2014, 05:29 PM
Fra.nk Rein.stein

Mill creek is fairly north of Seattle and more focused on current stars .
Old 05-14-2014, 12:41 AM
Eric

James,

You picked a great weather night for a game at Safeco! I was there too. Too bad Rodney couldn't get the win for Kuma!

Mill Creek Sports is def a place to stop. They have everything from Ruth to the modern guys. I can't think of any other place that has much.

Eric
Old 05-14-2014, 09:08 AM
Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rays & Mariners View Post
James,

You picked a great weather night for a game at Safeco! I was there too. Too bad Rodney couldn't get the win for Kuma!

Mill Creek Sports is def a place to stop. They have everything from Ruth to the modern guys. I can't think of any other place that has much.

Eric

My fantasy team needed that win.

Sent using Tapatalk
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:15 AM
Luke Lyon

That meltdown felt like a punch to the gut. The M's can't afford to lose games like that.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:25 AM
Banned

Theres a little shop inside the pike place market..they have a small selection of vintage but mostly modern. Not that great but since youre in the area you might want to check it out
Old 05-14-2014, 12:03 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Seattle Antiques Market (seattleantiquesmarket.com for info and directions) is a big antiques store between Pike Street Market and Puget Sound. Some old sports but mostly general stuff. Quality and very large antique store as far as antique stores go and it's downtown. A walk away from the stadium and maybe five minutes walk away from Pike Street Market. You could hit this and the place Joey mentioned in one outing, they're minutes away from each other. Plus, to get to the antiques store from Pike Street Market you pass a little hole in the wall that has the best Mexican food in the city.

There's another Mariner's team store right downtown in a nice and busy area, but, as one might expect, it's got retail priced modern Mariners' stuff. Though will have MLB certified autographs and game used. This store is also within walking distance of the other places. Maybe 10-15 minutes walking from Pike Street Market.

The Seattle downtown is small enough one can pretty much walk everywhere downtown. Though I walk for exercise, so perhaps I don't count as the average person. There are a plethora of city buses downtown anyway.

Last edited by drcy; 05-14-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:38 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Thanks for the recommendations guys! Yeah...When they pulled Ishikawa last night, I think everyone in the stadium was baffled. Such a tough one to lose.
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 05-15-2014, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyF1981 View Post
Theres a little shop inside the pike place market..they have a small selection of vintage but mostly modern. Not that great but since youre in the area you might want to check it out
I actually have bought a few items in this store over the last few years.

The owner of the shop is a pleasant enough guy. I've managed to pull a few nuggets out of there at very fair prices. They will negotiate on price if you ask from my experience.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:37 AM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Pike Street Market, including the inside 'mall' where the shop is, is considered the total tourist trap by use locals, but it's still rather neat. The area where they famously throw the fish must be the most crowded place in the city during summer afternoons, and I think it's 70% tourists. Though my friend who lived downtown would get his fish from there.

Seattle Center, a giant downtown park that includes the Space Needle, is always my #1 pick for tourists. Museum of Flight is great, though a good looking woman I know said she thought it was boring. I admit I'm influenced by the opinions of good looking women. Though I said "Boring?!? What are you talking about? Are you insane? 200 airplanes in one room."

Last edited by drcy; 05-15-2014 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:38 PM
J Stone

Is Brown's Cooperstown still in business? I think they were over in the Queen Anne area. Guy was retired and ran a great shop with nice inventory and he was a good guy as well.

If you are into paper, one of my favorite stops is Fairlawn (Fairview?) Antiques in Pioneer Square. It's located in a basement but is just loaded with tons of paper collectibles including vintage photos. They don't "give" stuff away but I'm always amazed at the sheer quantity and quality of what he has.

I'll see if I can dig up addresses. It's been quite awhile since I've been up there.