NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 01-29-2014, 12:52 PM
JeR@Me

Default Babe Ruth Historians : Please post earliest known images of The Babe

I spent some time earlier this year researching Ruth's early years and I am amazed at the lack of photo's and information regarding Ruth in his adolescent years. (Perhaps I am missing something...) I realize St. Mary's had a devastating fire, but it would seem some of their Yearbooks/Programs/Paper publications would have survived to unveil perhaps a earlier image or even information of Ruth besides the couple of St.Mary's team images and late teen success. I understand Ruth was allowed to play for other teams by the Xaverian Brothers whether it was local or semi-pro due to his success. I even read his St. Marys boys team beat St. Josephs College (Same Campus area is my understanding) in 1913 behind Ruth's 14 K's as an 17 year old. My question is where are the Ruth images from Pre-1912? (Ruth images from age 16 back to 12 or perhaps earlier?) He was dominating as a player in 1912 and from earlier reports he transferred to other Xaverian Institutions on campus and area to play ball for numerous teams while at St. Mary's. One might wonder If he even played for St. Josephs College in a limited role as a pitcher? He was a beast before he was 17-19, and it would figure there would be more documentation from at least local level about Ruth. I will hang up and listen... (These images below show Ruth from age 17-19 years old)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg St.Mary'sBabeRuth1912(Age 17).jpg (78.7 KB, 227 views)
File Type: jpg smisb-baberuthsenior1914(Age19).jpg (79.1 KB, 227 views)
File Type: jpg StMary'sBabeRuth.jpg (69.8 KB, 227 views)

Last edited by DixieBaseball; 01-29-2014 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:47 PM
Tho.mas Car.ter

Could it be?
http://xroads.virginia.edu/~ug02/yeu...ruth/born.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg babybabe.jpg (17.0 KB, 210 views)

Last edited by callou2131; 01-29-2014 at 02:48 PM.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:30 PM
JeR@Me

Default Babe from age 10-15...

I have seen the baby pic of Babe before and Thanks for that post, but I am looking for pictures from age 10 to 15. It seems there are none.