NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Peter Spaeth

Default Collectors Forensic Register = Grade Tech Services Inc.?

I thought the style and the name Lloyd sounded familiar.

http://web.archive.org/web/200208221...rade-tech.com/

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=63975

http://www.network54.com/Forum/15365...20/1030047811/

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=62197

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Fr@nk Jenn!ngs

Great detective work Peter. Did you use any forensics when making the connection? They may want you on their staff

r/
Frank
Old 11-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Jim VB

They should start by suing that Archive fellow.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Peter Spaeth

Perhaps this is the team?

http://sarconesdeli.com/?page_id=2

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:04 PM
Banned

You just couldn't wait for the press release, could you?
Old 11-12-2010, 05:08 PM
FredYoung

You just couldn't wait for the press release, could you?

LMAO Rob--terrific!!
Old 11-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Johnny S

If you can't beat em, police them.........
Old 11-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

I'm out all day and now I get to read these threads...what a gift! Yet another putz trying to get over! Love it.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:30 PM
M!ke S@il£r

Does anyone know Lloyd or Joe from the old grading company? If they both use to own card shops, I would assume somebody has done business with them before. If they are the same people, I wonder what they have been up to baseball card related the past 8 years?
Old 11-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagecpa View Post
Does anyone know Lloyd or Joe from the old grading company? If they both use to own card shops, I would assume somebody has done business with them before. If they are the same people, I wonder what they have been up to baseball card related the past 8 years?
"We do, however, need to ask that you please refrain from requesting our personal information - we will not post it here. ... The press release will cover everything to the extent that you need to know."
Old 11-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Johnny S

As brutal as this is getting it may be another 8 years before the press release comes out.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D. View Post
"We do, however, need to ask that you please refrain from requesting our personal information - we will not post it here. ... The press release will cover everything to the extent that you need to know."

I already know all I need/care to know.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 11-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHarmonica View Post
As brutal as this is getting it may be another 8 years before the press release comes out.
Or on Monday.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Rob
R0bert Ge,ntieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D. View Post
Wow. So it's OK for this company to advertise for free on a public forum and ask people to send money and valuable cards, but not OK for collectors to ask for some basic transparency first that might help people make an informed decision. No one is asking for your credit card number or social security number.

Terrific business model indeed.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagecpa View Post
All we appear to know is that Lloyd was on Wall Street and is now in the deli business.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
All we appear to know is that Lloyd was on Wall Street and is now in the deli business.
Sounds kosher to me.

(Try the veal, and remember to tip your server.)

Last edited by Rob D.; 11-12-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:50 AM
Rich Klein

Default Ahhh our good friend Archive

Shows up with the answers to our questions.

But give Lloyd and company credit, they keep trying

Rich
Old 11-13-2010, 06:13 AM
Pup6913

Just read all the threads about this. sounds kinda neat. I mean i can just send my cards to him first and then to SGC instead of me looking at my own cards
Old 11-13-2010, 06:38 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Is it asking so much that people that come on this board to try to sell us their **** that at the very least they attempt to be honest and fully forthcoming from the start? This reminds me of that ISA Grading debacle: misdirection, BS, coverups. What does it say about a product when the snake oil salesman who is pushing it on us can't be fully up front from the beginning?

Last edited by Matt; 11-13-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:49 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default a bit more info

A kind board member sent me an email and summation of his thoughts on the subject. Since it seems like it makes some sense I will post it here.... And to answer Jeff's question above, I don't know why folks don't just say what they are doing. It makes it so much easier and better. Then folks won't think they are trying to hide something. This board does a great job with this stuff, I must say. So, without further ado....here is a potential synopsis from a board member. I am keeping him out of it though he said I could use his name.....not sure I need to, it's just his thought on how this venture could have gone down-

Hi Leon,

I did some quick research that you might find of interest. Joe Quagliano and Lloyd Glavocich were the President and Vice-President of Grade Tech Services Inc (as Peter Spaeth discovered from the archives). I googled the old P.O. Box for Grade Tech Services, and a company called “MintPros”. www.mintpros.com/profile.html. Joe Quagliano is the President and Lloyd Glavocich is the VP of Operations. It appears to be a company that works with Yankee players to organize autograph signings for organizations. Lloyd also owns a web design business http://weblaunchseo.com/?page_id=2 and is the general manager for a deli http://sarconesdeli.com/?page_id=2.

I figure what probably happened was Lloyd recently got back into the sports business with his old friend (Joe Quagliano). I would imagine one of the individuals still had all the specialized grading equipment and photography equipment taking up room in their basement. Since they both seem to be entrepreneurs they figured enough time had passed from their failed card-grading days, that they would take another stab at utilizing some expensive equipment and get back into the card industry.

I would imagine the venture won’t take off since the one website that would be the majority of their target audience laughed them off the forum. I was going to post this on the board, but figured it might create some more negative dialog. Perhaps you already know most of this information. I just figured I would forward it to you since they approached you about getting free exposure on your website.

Best Regards,

Last edited by Leon; 11-13-2010 at 08:08 AM.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:11 AM
Barry Sloate

If Lloyd and Joe have hopes that this current venture will be successful, refusing to identify themselves on this board, and then requesting that a thread they started be locked, is a really poor start.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:36 AM
Craig

BUSTED!!

Kudos to Peter and the other members who sniffed this one out.
The knowledge on this board is tremendous and it looks like Lloyd had his welcome introduction to trying to put one over.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:58 AM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

Can't explain why, but this industry wreaks havoc on my bladder

Legends availability could change. We will guarantee at least 2 appearances by the above legends or substitute legends. Check the Yankees web site for rain dates and game times. Each Legend is limited to 3-6 innings.

Last edited by Ladder7; 11-13-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:10 AM
D.B. Cooper

"The Substitute Legend of Bagger Vance" is opening in theaters next month with Andy Dick taking over the Will Smith role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladder7 View Post
Can't explain why, but this industry wreaks havoc on my bladder

Legends availability could change. We will guarantee at least 2 appearances by the above legends or substitute legends. Check the Yankees web site for rain dates and game times. Each Legend is limited to 3-6 innings.