NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 05-24-2013, 05:33 PM

Default SGC order sent to old address taking a long time to forward

SGC order sent to old address and taking a long time to forward to new address.

I sent to Parsipanny address by mistake and has been almost 2 weeks and tracking hasn't updated, anyone have any experience with this? How long did it take for USPS to forward to SGC new address?

Thanks

Brian
Old 05-24-2013, 06:32 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian29575 View Post
SGC order sent to old address and taking a long time to forward to new address.

I sent to Parsipanny address by mistake and has been almost 2 weeks and tracking hasn't updated, anyone have any experience with this? How long did it take for USPS to forward to SGC new address?

Thanks

Brian
Should only take a few days. Have you called them? Maybe it's been delivered and the tracking information was never updated online.

On another note, my sub popped today and I was greatly disappointed. SGC has been brutal lately.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:45 PM

Thanks for the reply, yes I have called the post office in Parsipanny and SGC each a few times. SGC has not received and post office is telling me I just need to continue to wait, apparently when mail is forwarded from this PO it has to be sent to facility in Massachusetts then back down to correct address in NJ.

The lady at post office has been very cooperative, but also says some things that cause concern. She agrees that package should have already arrived at new address, but tells me I just need to wait, and also the last tracking entry says "undeliverable as addressed", but she says this really means forwarded? Apparently the postal worker is too lazy to change his scanner to "forwarded" and just scans "undeliverable as addressed".

I am not in a rush just hope package doesn't get lost!

Last edited by brian29575; 05-24-2013 at 06:46 PM.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:53 PM
John Hanssen

Yep I work as a mail carrier, and I hear this kind of thing alot when it comes to FWD mail/packages. It gets sent to that main sorting offices in the region to be hand re-labled with the up-dated address. It seems to take 2 to 3 weeks. Keep calling that same clerk for up-dated, she is about your only hope to get a half good answer.

Post office works well for normal everyday things but special or screwed up issue are not handled will well at all.

As for the the scanner (((Apparently the postal worker is too lazy to change his scanner to "forwarded" and just scans "undeliverable as addressed".))) It doen't have a foward selection on it. He scanned the package correctly to identify a package with and incorrect address.

Don't rely on the post office to forward things important. Take the time to update to your new address with companies and places that you recieve mail from that is important to you.

Hope it all turns out well!