NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 06-18-2017, 09:05 PM
Mark

Default Anyone ever heard of a lucite bat for a vintage hartland?

I got a call from an auctioneer who has a consignor that used to work for hartland. He had some original bats and photos from Hartland factory and displays of sales setups for the western series and horses. He also has a lucite bat from hartland. Just wondering if anyone had ever heard of this and should I try to procure.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:23 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4scuda View Post
I got a call from an auctioneer who has a consignor that used to work for hartland. He had some original bats and photos from Hartland factory and displays of sales setups for the western series and horses. He also has a lucite bat from hartland. Just wondering if anyone had ever heard of this and should I try to procure.
Hi Mark:

Curious, is the consignor from Wisconsin or Missouri?

All of the original molds, paint masks/molds, etc. were passed onto to Stevens Mfg. in Missouri from Hartland WI. where they were able to issue some product before a massive flood wiped them out. I have photos from inside that factory showing many of the things you describe.

As for the bat, a few things come to mind. Frank Fulop used a TON of lucite mostly as bases for statues, but I would not put it past him for making a bat to see what it looked like. He made molds for parts etc. and sold them over the years and/or added them to statues he sold.

I have a prototype of a SOLID Maris that was acquired from a Hartland mold makers son. For the prototype the base was actually what appears to be glass that was then painted to look like a batters box with home plate. My thinking there is perhaps the bat was used for such a model. However, I know of no Hartland issued with a lucite bat. I highly doubt it is original

If you could get photos of not just the bat, but the other things you mentioned, I would love to see them. Feel free to PM me.

Best,

Fred
Old 06-19-2017, 12:18 PM

By chance I am in Hartland WI right now. I knew Frank when I was a kid and he showed me many things he made for repairs including bats, hats, bases, yogi masks and the occasional glove or hand replacement
Old 06-19-2017, 06:36 PM
Mark

I ended up buying the Lucite? bat with a group of other original bats. I'll post a picture when I get it.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:39 PM
Rob

Even tho I'm not a "Hartland guy," I am floored by Fred's knowledge of these things!
Old 06-21-2017, 07:43 PM
Marty

Fred is the MAN on all things Hartland - thanks as always for sharing your knowledge with the forum!

Frank Fulop was a very nice man in all of our communications - I think I saw his hand colored Hartland guide in my "archives" a few months ago.
Old 06-24-2017, 04:57 PM
Mark

I received a group of bats, but not the clear one. I guess it will come in another package. I wish the photo would have been baseball players but it's still neat. I will have extra bats if anyone is looking for them. I haven't checked length on these yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5917.jpg (74.2 KB, 128 views)
Old 06-24-2017, 05:01 PM
Mark

I goofed that picture up. Oh well I think the general idea gets across. I'll have to add a picture of the bats later.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:47 PM
Mark

This one is better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5927.jpg (74.7 KB, 115 views)
Old 06-30-2017, 08:16 PM
Mark

I probably should just pm Fred, but in case anyone else is interested here is a picture of the clear bat. It, the photo, and the other bats came from the estate of the sales manager for the Hartland company in the fifties.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5963.jpg (90.9 KB, 80 views)
Old 07-01-2017, 12:59 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Very interesting, although the picture is not exactly crystal clear.

Did they indicate which Statue(s) the clear bat was intended for? If not, do you have any idea of its purpose?

Thanks!