NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 06-27-2017, 07:18 AM
Nic

Default Redman garage sale pick up

Hi all. Was wondering what the value of this collection might be? I found these at a local garage sale and decided to take a chance. The conditions are not the greatest and the tabs are missing. There is 59 total with some stars. Any help would be appreciated as I am probably going to sell or trade them. Thanks all.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:42 AM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default ebay sold prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkesterke09 View Post
Hi all. Was wondering what the value of this collection might be? I found these at a local garage sale and decided to take a chance. The conditions are not the greatest and the tabs are missing. There is 59 total with some stars. Any help would be appreciated as I am probably going to sell or trade them. Thanks all.

based on condition which yours are good ,VG which is critical with these cards when missing tab fetch on ebay sold listing comparisons as low as 99 cents to about $6 for the few stars you have , EX to NRMINT cards fetch more see link
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...no+tabs&_sop=3

not sure what your into these for
your 59 cards could be worth low $59 to possibly a $100 if sold as a group
you could always ask more and take offers ?? missing tabs hurts big time
FYI i personally have no interest in cards of this lower grade condition
just in case some one thinks I am trying to get them cheap
Old 06-27-2017, 08:27 AM
Nic

Quote:
Originally Posted by megalimey View Post
based on condition which yours are good ,VG which is critical with these cards when missing tab fetch on ebay sold listing comparisons as low as 99 cents to about $6 for the few stars you have , EX to NRMINT cards fetch more see link
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...no+tabs&_sop=3

not sure what your into these for
your 59 cards could be worth low $59 to possibly a $100 if sold as a group
you could always ask more and take offers ?? missing tabs hurts big time
FYI i personally have no interest in cards of this lower grade condition
just in case some one thinks I am trying to get them cheap
Thanks. Bought these with a a binder full of about 500 1979 topps and a stack of 1975 topps minis. I was thinking these would be worth more than $100 but who knows. Thanks for the input.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:22 AM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default Worth more

Quote:
Thanks. Bought these with a a binder full of about 500 1979 topps and a stack of 1975 topps minis. I was thinking these would be worth more than $100 but who knows. Thanks for the input.
As I said you can ask more , most collectors prefer with tabs , put them up in the buy sell section ask what you would like to get for the group
Maybe you get some offers. Buyers are very savvy on Net 54, Craigslist not so much which is where you may get a better price .
Old 06-27-2017, 10:32 AM

Commons $2 or $3 maximum

Mays, Williams, Musial, - $30-$50

Other HOF'ers $5-$20

Check Ebay.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:38 AM
Nic

Quote:
Originally Posted by David W View Post
Commons $2 or $3 maximum

Mays, Williams, Musial, - $30-$50

Other HOF'ers $5-$20

Check Ebay.
Okay thanks. I will look more into recent sales on ebay. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:05 PM
Ben North

I would say $100-$120 for the entire lot. You could get a little more breaking them up.

I would pay $25 inc. shipping for the Williams if you break them up.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:37 PM
Nic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I would say $100-$120 for the entire lot. You could get a little more breaking them up.

I would pay $25 inc. shipping for the Williams if you break them up.
I will keep that in mind. I am watching this auction for one now that I believe is in worse condition than mine... Thanks for the info.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1952-Red-Man...UAAOSwXXxZRXYM
Old 06-27-2017, 12:44 PM
Tony Conte

Default Williams Is The Best Card

I'd ask $50-$60 for the Williams and go from there.

$25 is low in my opinion.

$2-$3 each is optimistic on the commons.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:53 PM
Ben North

Quote:
I will keep that in mind. I am watching this auction for one now that I believe is in worse condition than mine... Thanks for the info.

Greg gets top dollar for his cards as he has a huge and loyal customer base. Just look at the bid history on that card. All but 1 bidder has over 80% bid history with Greg.

I would also be interested in trading for the Ted depending on what you are looking for in return.

Last edited by bnorth; 06-27-2017 at 01:58 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-27-2017, 05:01 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Greg gets top dollar for his cards as he has a huge and loyal customer base. Just look at the bid history on that card. All but 1 bidder has over 80% bid history with Greg.

I would also be interested in trading for the Ted depending on what you are looking for in return.
I just won over 12 52 Topps cards from Greg. In the listing, it said I had purchased from him before but I honestly can't recall.

I normally type in 52 Topps in the E-Bay header but did not see any Greg Morris cards the other night?? As I scrolled down to read the card I was looking at I noticed more listings below horizontally.
I checked those out and seen they were Greg Morris cards so then I checked out his items for sale and notice a pile more of 52 Topps cards.
Those are the cards I won but if I hadn't noticed the cards at the bottom I never would have seen Greg's cards.

This isn't the first time I have noticed this and I am confused as to why?

Sorry for getting off topic, but I am curious if anyone else has ever noticed this before?
I once typed in "52 Topps" and looked at those cards, then I typed in "52 Topps Baseball cards" and noticed even more. Now I check both titles as to assure I am not missing out on any.

I am completely happy with my purchases and since he ships for $3.00 all the way from California, it was a win/win for me.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:17 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I just won over 12 52 Topps cards from Greg. In the listing, it said I had purchased from him before but I honestly can't recall.

I normally type in 52 Topps in the E-Bay header but did not see any Greg Morris cards the other night?? As I scrolled down to read the card I was looking at I noticed more listings below horizontally.
I checked those out and seen they were Greg Morris cards so then I checked out his items for sale and notice a pile more of 52 Topps cards.
Those are the cards I won but if I hadn't noticed the cards at the bottom I never would have seen Greg's cards.

This isn't the first time I have noticed this and I am confused as to why?

Sorry for getting off topic, but I am curious if anyone else has ever noticed this before?
I once typed in "52 Topps" and looked at those cards, then I typed in "52 Topps Baseball cards" and noticed even more. Now I check both titles as to assure I am not missing out on any.

I am completely happy with my purchases and since he ships for $3.00 all the way from California, it was a win/win for me.
ebay is all over the place with what you have to type into the search bar. Using yours as an example sometimes "52 Topps" will give you everything. Sometimes "1952 Topps" will give the same exact results and sometimes it doesn't.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:46 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
ebay is all over the place with what you have to type into the search bar. Using yours as an example sometimes "52 Topps" will give you everything. Sometimes "1952 Topps" will give the same exact results and sometimes it doesn't.
Thanks for confirming that, Ben. Now I wonder how many cards I have missed out on?

And again, sorry for hijacking this thread.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:14 PM
Dustin Bellinger

I may be interested in the Mays if you want to pm me your asking price.

Thanks.

Collecting Hall of Famers and players with Nebraska connections.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:15 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Thanks for confirming that, Ben. Now I wonder how many cards I have missed out on?

And again, sorry for hijacking this thread.
Dale it also seems to change from day to day. I rarely use eBay anymore except to search for a super rare error card I have been after for years. So I try a few different combinations for my daily search and it is never consistent.

Quote:

To get the tread back on track. It looks like Gregs listing sold for $30 and some change after eBay/PayPal fees. To me the cards look similar in grade. Any chance we can see the backs on the HOFer cards?
Old 06-28-2017, 06:50 AM
Nic

Quote:
To get the tread back on track. It looks like Gregs listing sold for $30 and some change after eBay/PayPal fees. To me the cards look similar in grade. Any chance we can see the backs on the HOFer cards?
Here is some more pics with backs added....
https://flickr.com/photos/139875505@...57682506353652
Old 06-28-2017, 07:40 AM
D3nn!s B@!!ou

Pm sent
Old 06-28-2017, 11:11 AM
Cory Furlong

Not sure what you are into them for, but just wanted to say nice find and good luck!
Old 06-28-2017, 11:39 AM
Nic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fur72 View Post
Not sure what you are into them for, but just wanted to say nice find and good luck!
Thank you. I always enjoy stumbling upon older cards at any sort of garage sale or flea market....
Old 06-28-2017, 12:09 PM
Robert Williams

As long as you didn't pay more than $50, selling the Williams and Mays should get you your money back. Unfortunately, without the tabs, these don't bring that much. You can put them on Ebay for .99 cents and see what happens. You might be pleasantly surprised. Just not a huge score....but still a nice find.
Old 06-28-2017, 01:32 PM
Mark

One thing I've always wondered about those sets is...how come there was never a Mickey Mantle in any of them?
Old 06-28-2017, 01:57 PM
Nic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse9 View Post
One thing I've always wondered about those sets is...how come there was never a Mickey Mantle in any of them?
Yes.. Mantle and Jackie Robinson. Would have loved to see a 1954 topps mantle as that is one of my favorite sets. But I guess we all want what we cant have.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:01 PM
Owen R

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse9 View Post
Mantle may not have been a big enough star in the '52 or '53 seasons. Bowman had him under contract for '54 and '55. He may have just been on a different contract in 52 and 53.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:11 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidonCollects View Post
Mantle may not have been a big enough star in the '52 or '53 seasons. Bowman had him under contract for '54 and '55. He may have just been on a different contract in 52 and 53.
I thought Mantle was under contract with Topps in 52, 53.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:54 PM
Al Richter

In that period I believe the Topps and Bowman contracts were exclusive only as to the sale of their likeness with confections, candy and gum.( Not sure if tobacco was included in some) And I think that continued after Topps bought Bowman, possibly to avoid anti trust issues. I think anyone could have contracted with a player to sell his likeness by itself or with other products, like the Fleer cookie or Leaf marble.

Last edited by ALR-bishop; 06-28-2017 at 03:18 PM.
Old 06-28-2017, 05:21 PM
Owen R

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
I thought Mantle was under contract with Topps in 52, 53.
Maybe, but he also had Bowman products those years (and other smaller issues) and Topps didn't seem to mind.

Owen
Old 07-04-2017, 07:54 AM
Jason A. Schwartz

Dollar value probably isn't life-changing. I wonder if you wouldn't rather fill in the singles you need at comparable grade and complete a great set. Wouldn't cost you much at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Collecting interests and want lists at https://jasoncards.wordpress.com/201...nd-want-lists/
Old 07-04-2017, 09:15 AM
Dan Be$$e++e

The Ted Williams arrived today and I love it! Thanks!
Old 07-05-2017, 07:00 AM
Nic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason.1969 View Post
Dollar value probably isn't life-changing. I wonder if you wouldn't rather fill in the singles you need at comparable grade and complete a great set. Wouldn't cost you much at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Yeah. I have a few sets going right now and for some reason I am not really crazy about cards that are oversized. Who knows though, my mind always changes. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBesse27 View Post
The Ted Williams arrived today and I love it! Thanks!
Good to hear! I am glad it found a good home.