NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-12-2005, 10:21 PM
Administrator

Default eBay raises seller's fees again - Happy New Year!

Posted By: Scott Elkins

If they don't stop, they will be close to the 15% auction house premiums. The only difference being on eBay, the card's owner has to do all the work themselves!

Old 01-12-2005, 10:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh K.

8% - ridiculous.

Old 01-13-2005, 05:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Chris

The 8% is for store items only. Auction fees are still the same.

Old 01-13-2005, 07:14 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh K.

Good to know.

Old 01-13-2005, 08:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

and trying to encourage larger item business listers to use ebay instead of other liquidation tools by dropping the final value fees for them.

Lowering the % for the rich and jacking up the costs on the small fry; where have we seen that before [lighten up--the bastard won]

Old 01-13-2005, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Posted By: honus3415

....Wait for a cheap listing day and then list all 32,186 of your items as regular auctions.

Oh wait.....I think someone might have come up with that one already.

feebay....a great place for buyers but sure does stink for the sellers....what's next a "browsing fee"?

Old 01-13-2005, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Maybe Bill needed to get a raise.

If he does half the job at his real job at Ebay as he does here he deserves it.

I also missed it was for the ebay store, whew!!! Won't affect me much.

Lee

Old 01-13-2005, 12:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill Cornell

Amusing, Lee, but incorrect .

I think Honus' suggestion about separating buying from selling is a good one... we'll have to figure out how to do that.

Bill

Old 01-14-2005, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark

I stumbled across this forum today while checking out the '33 Gehrig getting all the hype on ebay. I have to say, I'm quite impressed with the knowledge of the people involved on here. I consider myself a decent vintage collector, but I can never learn enough about the authenticity/history of vintage cards. I learned two things I didn't know about Goudey cards by spending five minutes in this great forum .... and you guys REALLY made my day when I took the time to read the post on eBay fee increases....

I was so angry when I read the email notification from ebay that I neglected to notice that this ONLY applied to the store items. I'm assuming, of course, if a standard 7-day auction item appears in the store, this item isn't subject to the 8% fee, correct?

I had already figured my increased-auction costs for 2005 based on the new fees .... but without it applying to standard auctions, I feel like you guys just gave me a much better (and profitable) day than the day I get my tax refunds back!! Looking forward to being a contributor.

Thanks,
Mark