NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 11-25-2019, 10:58 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Default AMI Dean Chance 1967 Game Issued Bat

Quiz: Who can identify the problem with this "game issued" bat?

https://www.memorabilia.expert/shop/...-coa-100-team/

1967 Dean Chance Game-Issued All-Star Baseball Bat – COA 100% Team

Description

1967 Dean Chance K55 125 Louisville game issued bat for the 1967 All-Star Game in Anaheim Calf . Dean Chance was the starting pitcher for American League. Although many All-Star Games had featured great pitching duels and stand-out performances on the mound, no other game to date had been as one sided as this one. “Strikeout classic” would have been a more appropriate title for this Midsummer Classic, which featured twelve pitchers – all of which had at least one strikeout for an All-Star record thirty strikeouts. This game went into the record books for both the longest All-Star Game as well as the first game in which home runs accounted for all of the scoring. Authentication: 100% Authentic Team
Old 11-25-2019, 11:57 PM
Chris Wood

The LV brand logo is from the 1980’s, no?
Old 11-26-2019, 12:18 AM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball tourist View Post
The LV brand logo is from the 1980’s, no?
We have a winner.

Looks like the "Memorabilia Experts" didn't catch the fact the labeling period for the bat was off by over a decade. But it does have a 100% COA.
Old 11-26-2019, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
We have a winner.

Looks like the "Memorabilia Experts" didn't catch the fact the labeling period for the bat was off by over a decade. But it does have a 100% COA.
Old 11-26-2019, 07:31 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Do your own research and don't trust any COA 100%, no matter who writes it.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:24 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

I'm rather surprised they are still in business. They used to have a pretty big hobby presence in the early 2000s, but largely self-destructed when they failed to pay consignors (myself included).

And for as much trouble as they were, their authenticity was never much of a concern. All of the autographed stuff was certed by PSA/Spence and the Game-Used merchandise by Lampson/Bushing/Taube. Looks like they are self-authenticating these days, however.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:21 PM
Bob M

Hope this helps and FWIW, here's a behind-the-glass example of a genuine 1967 All Star game issued LS pitcher's bat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1967allstargamebathorlen (2).jpg (79.3 KB, 82 views)
Old 11-27-2019, 08:03 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

This crew looked like a clown show every place I saw them. They used to set up near me in Chicago and I was shocked they got some of the items they did. They had some very suspect items and appeared to be running on a shoe string. I agree they were at many shows back in the day, but this bat doesn't surprise me at all.

See previous thread

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?p=1231671