NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 02-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Mike H.

Default Pinback Bonanza!!!

Let's kick of the Presidents day weekend with a pinback blitz. I spent the first half of today in the home of my good friend and fellow collector Adam B. (Tigerden). He has an impressive and eclectic collection of memorabilia including some exceptionally rare pennants, pinbacks, books, and much much more. Adam shared great stories with me of his collecting exploits and provided me with an education regarding rare Tiger memorabilia. He is extremely knowledgeable and has an enthusiasm for our hobby that is second to none. Needless to say, we had a great time.
We also completed a block buster deal. Adam has changed his focus a bit and was kind enough to offer me a good portion of his quality pinback collection. Let’s get right to the goodies.
First we have a grouping of pins from the 1934 World Series including an exceedingly rare small pin with a Chevrolet logo at the bottom. We might be taking some liberties with calling this a Tigers pin, but you get the idea. Clearly, an attempt to capitalize on the Tigers success during that campaign.

Next we have a grouping of stadium pins from the 50s and 60s. I’ve always loved the Briggs Stadium being guarded by Tigers pins and am beyond thrilled to add both variations. I’ve never seen the Grrrr…I’m a Tiger pin before.

Here are two large (3 ½”) pins from the 1968 World Series. These are both tough. The White pin is common in the 2 ¼” size, but this one is a major bugger.

And last but certainly not least are three large pins from the 50s. The Briggs stadium pin at the top is a full 4” across. I have never seen another example of the black 3 ½” pin, and the third is an exceedingly rare Briggs Stadium flicker pin (I’m adding a second pick displaying the alternate image)

Needless to say, I am beyond excited about this opportunity to expand my Tiger collection, but I must add that my hobby friends like Adam are also a real treasure. Thank you Adam.

Let's see some more pins fellas!!!

Last edited by mjkm90; 02-17-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:08 PM
Al

Default Tigers Roar!

Mike,
Very nice pick ups! Good to see another tiger collector getting this collection.
Adam very nice of you to do that. But yah know you could have saved a couple of those for ME!!
Old 02-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Mike Rothstein

Default Pin with bat charm - superb!

Hi Mike - congratulations on your pickups - beauties!

I especially like the pin with the bat charm that has the H&B logo AND reference to the Tigers - it doesn't get better than that!

Thanx for sharing.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:09 PM
Mike H.

I just finished loading these babies up. Here is the pic I took after the 1st of the year featuring my new pinback case and another just moments ago. I was just chatting with my wife about the comment she made at that time regarding the need to add more pins to the display. She likes it much better now and aren't I a nice guy for making her happy

Old 02-17-2012, 02:19 PM
Mike H.

Uhhh...why did my pics flip sideways
Old 02-17-2012, 02:25 PM
Adam B

Mike- It was great to visit with you as always my friend. I am so glad that the pins could find a home of a collector that appreciates them and will enjoy them as much as I did over the years, and they went to a great guy to boot. Mike is correct in that my collecting focus has shifted recently, I guess I am what can be called a restless collector and adding Tigers pinbacks to my collection was just too infrequent to satisfy my lust for the pursuit. No worries Al, I just might have a few pins left that you don't have in your amazing collection, if that is possible and can never rule out the possibility of a sale or trade. This killer figural brass bookend and a little dough was part of the deal. I am thrilled to add it to my collection. Thanks Mike!! Look forward to seeing you real soon. Adam
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Baseball Bookend 006.jpg (71.1 KB, 239 views)
Old 02-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Adam B

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkm90 View Post
I just finished loading these babies up. Here is the pic I took after the 1st of the year featuring my new pinback case and another just moments ago. I was just chatting with my wife about the comment she made at that time regarding the need to add more pins to the display. She likes it much better now and aren't I a nice guy for making her happy

Looks awesome Mike!!!!
Old 02-17-2012, 02:28 PM
$cotty @.utin

Those look great!

Vintage Army Football Collection
http://www.wix.com/armyautin/vintage-army-football
Old 02-17-2012, 09:30 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default nice showing

Nice showing guys. The enthusiasm and new friendships, and friendships in general, are a large part of the hobby for me. I have had some really great times over the years partying with fellow hobbyists. I don't collect pins too much but will share a few....

Old 02-18-2012, 04:34 AM

Default Two new pinbacks

I just recently picked up two very cool older pinbacks to add to my collection. Both of these came from fellow net54 members Al and Jason. Thanks to both of you!
Old 02-18-2012, 05:22 AM

The first frame of Tiger pins shows a most unusual design feature I can only remember seeing once or twice before. The pin with the hanging bat was designed with a reverse screening process from the one on the left. The left one is light on a dark background, while the one on the right is the same image but with dark on a light background. You have showcased them nicely by placing them side-by-side.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Mike H.

Added this honey last night. I had another example, but used it in a trade last year. I've missed having it in my case, so it's a happy day