NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 09-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Default OT: Steiner Sports (Yankees) Article in NY Times

Interesting article even if I am a Met fan .

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/07/sp...tom-well&_r=0#

Jeff
Old 09-05-2014, 08:15 PM
Richard Simon

Glad to see that the writer mentions how poorly the Steiner items do in the after market.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 09-06-2014, 11:56 AM

Great read!
"I am an outcast, and I haven't a good name. I'm the loser, just like all gamblers are. I lived to make great plays. What did I gain? Nothing. Everything was lost because I raised hell after hours. I was a wise guy, a know-it-all, I guess."
-Hal Chase
Old 09-06-2014, 02:01 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

I haven't been to the present home of the Yankees (a fake phony fraud counterfeit artificial stadium without a soul that was built on parkland stolen from the neighborhood, and run by an organization that needlessly turns a simple request into a free speech issue ["Ticket holders acknowledge and agree that the Yankees' ban on foul/abusive language and obscene/indecent clothing does not violate their right to free speech"]) in a couple of years.

But in 2009 - and I have no reason not to presume it's still there today - there was a sign at the entrance to the Steiner Team Store asking people not to take pictures inside.

(Photo taken October 19, 2009. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

What have they got to hide?
Old 09-06-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
I haven't been to the present home of the Yankees (a fake phony fraud counterfeit artificial stadium without a soul that was built on parkland stolen from the neighborhood, and run by an organization that needlessly turns a simple request into a free speech issue ["Ticket holders acknowledge and agree that the Yankees' ban on foul/abusive language and obscene/indecent clothing does not violate their right to free speech"]) in a couple of years.
+1 F#*k 'em.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:52 PM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post

But in 2009 - and I have no reason not to presume it's still there today - there was a sign at the entrance to the Steiner Team Store asking people not to take pictures inside.

(Photo taken October 19, 2009. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

What have they got to hide?

You do realize they built a park/field where the old stadium was?
Old 09-06-2014, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
You do realize the new stadium is nothing but a money-making machine with (and only incidentally) a ball field attached. It has no history, and, in large part due to the nature of contemporary baseball (free agency, absurd salaries, steroids, playoffs, two wild cards, players being completely segregated from fans...) never will.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:58 PM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

This may digress off the original post's topic line but I am totally in agreement with David's post.
Aren't all the stadiums now just cold monolithic structures designed to get our money, keep us away from the players with little or no interaction with them before and after games , and in some ways keep all but the most attentive fans from watching the game with their "family friendly" atmosphere involving all you can eat seats, exotic food menus, family attractions such as water slides , petting tanks, game alleys/arcades; concourses where you can't see the game while in line for food, and a constant barrage of between inning entertainment.
I think all stadiums in some ways are now amusement arenas and not ballparks, however beautiful they may be..and now days the stadiums are beautiful!!!
I think Yankee Stadium is symptomatic of the issue since they are a high profile team.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:44 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
They could have demolished the entire original Yankee Stadium, played at Shea Stadium (and even Citi Field), and built a modern structure on the same site as the original. Even though the building would not be the same, they would still be playing on the same site as the Yankee greats of the past.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:15 AM

New Yankee Stadium really is soulless. When you walk in you don't even feel like you're in a baseball stadium. It more closely resembles a mall or the airport.

Citi Field on the other hand is a great place and I really enjoyed the game I saw there. Some guy outside the stadium gave me and my friend free tickets and the security is so lax you can walk around the whole game and take it in in different areas where they even set up tables for you to hang out at.

Last edited by packs; 09-08-2014 at 09:19 AM.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:09 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klrdds View Post
This may digress off the original post's topic line but I am totally in agreement with David's post.
Aren't all the stadiums now just cold monolithic structures designed to get our money,......
Everything about the four major pro sports is designed to make as much money as possible. Read the Steiner article recently posted.

But no - they are not all just cold monolithic structures. I haven't been to that many of the 'new' stadiums, but I have been to plenty of stadiums that no longer exist, plus Wrigley, Fenway and a few of the new ones. Nothing modern can compare to the experience of Wrigley, Fenway or the old Comiskey;however, even with all the sideshow attractions you mention, many of the new stadiums still blow away the crappy experience of stadiums like Riverfront or Veterans Stadium. The exception is the new Comiskey, which I thought was very poorly done. Safeco Field is a fantastic experience, as is Atlanta and Arlington.

Sit in the bleachers and have a hotdog and the swill beer. You can still have fun. If the prices bother you, bring your glove to batting practice and catch a couple of balls to sell on ebay.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:45 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klrdds View Post
cold monolithic structures designed to get our money, keep us away from the players with little or no interaction with them before and after games , and in some ways keep all but the most attentive fans from watching the game
aka marriage.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 09-08-2014 at 11:46 AM.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:19 PM
Rob

I'll continue to hunt for my memorabilia. there's something pretty soulless about just opening your wallet for mass marketed "collectibles."
Old 09-08-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Sit in the bleachers and have a hotdog and the swill beer. You can still have fun.
If you're in the new Yankee Stadium bleachers you can only see half the field--seems they put a fancy restaurant in the way. But, hey, I suppose you can still have fun watching the TVs on the concrete wall that blocks your view of the live game.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:00 PM
Belltown Vintage

I am sorry for you guys in NYC. It is hard to imagine a situation as horrible as you describe.

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2014, 01:05 PM

Yeah, Scott. And the worst part? Where you can see the field, the Yankees are on it.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:09 PM

I don't think it's that hard to understand the frustration with new Yankee Stadium. You went from sacred ground, where you could stand in the same spot as Babe Ruth, to a mall with a baseball field in the middle of it.

Then you have the privilege of being pushed back twice as far from the field and charged twice as much.

Last edited by packs; 09-08-2014 at 01:10 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:11 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
I'll continue to hunt for my memorabilia. there's something pretty soulless about just opening your wallet for mass marketed "collectibles."
+1...

Ray, send me your list of SF Giants items you are looking for.

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 09-08-2014, 01:22 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I don't think it's that hard to understand the frustration with new Yankee Stadium. You went from sacred ground, where you could stand in the same spot as Babe Ruth, to a mall with a baseball field in the middle of it.

Then you have the privilege of being pushed back twice as far from the field and charged twice as much.
Back when I worked for the airlines, I tried to get to all the old stadiums. Unfortunately I put off Yankee stadium and missed ever going there - just got worn out with all the traveling. I guess I could buy Brock's chair and sit in my living room and pretend.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:30 PM

That is an experience I'd like to have too.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:36 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Just To be clear there is no reason to feel sorry for Folks that live in and around NYC who are fortunate enough to be close enough to visit Yankee Stadium. If it wasn't so sad the rants of Yankee detractors would be funny. I have had a 16 game Sunday package in the bleachers for the past few years and enjoy immensely my trips to the stadium with my family. World series games Jeter's 3000 etc. etc. I consider myself to be blessed to have lived here and attend Yankee games on a regular basis for the past 50 years. I have been to 14 other Major League parks and have never left jealous. And Citi Field PLEASE...

LETS GO YANKEES...

J
Old 09-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Belltown Vintage

I'll have to work on perfecting my sarcasm.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfanNY View Post
Just To be clear there is no reason to feel sorry for Folks that live in and around NYC who are fortunate enough to be close enough to visit Yankee Stadium. If it wasn't so sad the rants of Yankee detractors would be funny. I have had a 16 game Sunday package in the bleachers for the past few years and enjoy immensely my trips to the stadium with my family. World series games Jeter's 3000 etc. etc. I consider myself to be blessed to have lived here and attend Yankee games on a regular basis for the past 50 years. I have been to 14 other Major League parks and have never left jealous. And Citi Field PLEASE...

LETS GO YANKEES...

J

Come on. It's more mall than stadium. Hard Rock Cafι, sushi bars, Tommy Bahama Bar. Johnny Rockets. Yikes.

Last edited by packs; 09-08-2014 at 04:00 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:10 PM
Jonathan Sterling

I am old enough and had been there enough to remember what the old stadium smelled like and it was not good. Clearly money has a big influence on the new Stadium in fact I had a partial season package in 2008 and when I went to renew I was told that the price had gone from $75 a game for two tickets to $700 a game for the same section. Clearly I was shocked and did not renew the plan and opted for a Sunday plan in the bleachers which I have grown to love.
On the other side of that coin the field and views of the field are so accessible to EVERYBODY. No more hiding along the side of a tunnel to get a good view of a crucial at bat or a quick photo of a favorite player. The Yankees may be farther away but the game is closer for most of the fans.
Folks complain about the food choices but at least there are choices and many of them like the Labels sandwich and the pint of Turkey hill Ice cream are quite tasty. I took two nephews and a niece to the Hard Rock for lunch and it was $60 for the four of us. Tough to complain about that. EVERYTHING around the game changes but the game stays the same and I am so lucky to share Yankee games with 40,000 of my fellow fans a few time each year and plan on doing so for as long as I am able.
Brandon Steiner was the topic of this thread and I have a few Steiner authenticated items all purchased on the secondary market for a fraction of original price. But I have been tempted a few time with items at the stadium store. I will post if I ever give in.
Regards
Jonathan
Old 09-08-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
I am old enough and had been there enough to remember what the old stadium smelled like and it was not good.
The original (1923-1973) Stadium smelled like cigar smoke, popcorn, hotdogs, and beer.

Exactly how a ballpark should smell.

Last edited by David Atkatz; 09-08-2014 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:09 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
The original (1923-1973) Stadium smelled like cigar smoke, popcorn, hotdogs, and beer.
You left out pee.

Quote:
I'll have to work on perfecting my sarcasm.
I caught it!
Old 09-08-2014, 06:10 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Smell was More like recycled Beer... And yes when you walked out from that dark tunnel and had your first sight of the Field at Yankee stadium burned into your soul it was quite the moment. I remember the first time this year Girardi came charging out of the dugout....And the Umpire went to the video tape and got it right....WHOA times they are a changing
Old 09-08-2014, 07:01 PM

Quote:
You left out pee.
That's because it didn't smell of pee.

Where you ever even there?
Old 09-08-2014, 07:05 PM

Quote:
I am so lucky to share Yankee games with 40,000 of my fellow fans a few time each year and plan on doing so for as long as I am able.
I'm happy for you, Jonathan. Knock yourself out.

But as far as I'm concerned, you can have the Stadium, the team, and the organization. I'm done with 'em.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:07 AM
David McDonald

Quote:

Exactly how a ballpark should smell.
Throw in the aroma of matted peanut shells marinating in spilled beer under your seat and you have old Yankee Stadium to a tee. I'd deal with the devil to go back again for a game in 1957.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:23 AM

You guys should go to marlins park- feel like heaven compared to pro player stadium too.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:12 AM
Mike Dugan

These stadiums may seem cold and sterile but try an NFL stadium. The music blaring in between plays is deafening and the cheerleaders, while quite pretty are useless.

Last year my daughter asked that we attend the Cowboys-Packers game in Dallas as her Christmas present. I waited until single game tickets were available at $450 a piece for horrible seats at Jerry World or $185 for standing room only!

I waited knowing one or both teams would stumble and watched Stub Hub for a better deal? It never happened, we have been to the new stadium and were fortunate to pay $75 for parking and then walk a mile to the game. We were going to see the Packers anyway.

We decided to make a family trip to Green Bay next year to see them at home and enjoy some of middle america along the way.

My favorite in-person sport has always been college football, the band the cheerleaders, the old alums, etc.. Things have changed there too. One of the big moments at Arkansas Razorback games has been the calling of the Hogs. The new AD has added so much advertising to the giant video board has limited the practive to twice a game rather than the almost constant fan involved cheer? Not to mention ticket prices and "foundation requirements" that have made prices unreal.

I have returned to my sports roots and have been attending small college football games and minor league baseball!
Old 09-09-2014, 09:23 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
+1 F#*k 'em.
This is so funny, I feel the same way about "my" Dodgers. Have not been able to see them on TV all year. F@$* Them! No Vin Scully, F$%# Them.

Other than practically having to be "dragged" to Kershaw's No No, I haven't been back since. I spent all of $10.00 there. While I pay for parking where ever I go, I REFUSE to pay the parking at Dodger Stadium due to Frank McCourt still owning part of the lot. F$%^ HIM.

I am to the point where I cancelled my Baseball package this year and have not watched a game in 2 months. I think I'm cured.
Thanks Dodgers, and thanks Baseball...it was a good run, F&%$ YOU!
Old 09-09-2014, 06:41 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
This is so funny, I feel the same way about "my" Dodgers. Have not been able to see them on TV all year. F@$* Them! No Vin Scully, F$%# Them.

Other than practically having to be "dragged" to Kershaw's No No, I haven't been back since. I spent all of $10.00 there. While I pay for parking where ever I go, I REFUSE to pay the parking at Dodger Stadium due to Frank McCourt still owning part of the lot. F$%^ HIM.

I am to the point where I cancelled my Baseball package this year and have not watched a game in 2 months. I think I'm cured.
Thanks Dodgers, and thanks Baseball...it was a good run, F&%$ YOU!
Leave the Dark Side and come to the Giants. You'll be glad you did.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:06 PM
Graig Kreindler

I'm probably speaking out of turn here, and after all, I'm only 34, so take this with a grain of salt, but there was certainly some kind of aural magic to the renovated Yankee Stadium that the new one lacks.

I never went to the old ballpark (though I would probably kill someone to have been there), but the place in the '80s and '90s was my home. And there was something about how the enclosed structure held in the sound and vibrations of the crowd...I've just never felt anything like it before.

I've only been to one playoff game in my life, Game 1 of the 2002 ALDS. The electricity, the volume, and the thunder that came from that crowd. God. And I've been to plenty of games in the new place, and it's never sounded even remotely the same. Might it have something to do with the fans? Perhaps. After all, I haven't been to any postseason games in the new place, so there's bound to be a different level of intensity there. But, I still think the new stadium just doesn't carry the sound in the same way the old one did. When the Yankees were behind and attempting a comeback, the crowd would get into it, and you could literally feel the place rumble. I wonder if that was the 'cauldron of sound' that Babe Ruth referred to? Lord knows it wasn't hip-hop music.

Maybe I just really miss Bob Sheppard. And Eddie Layton. ESPECIALLY Eddie Layton.

Speaking of whom, any of you fellas who went to that ballpark in the 1980s and long for those great summer days will appreciate this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7W5N9TySsQ

I'm done chasing kids off my lawn.

Graig
Old 09-10-2014, 09:44 AM
Richard Simon

There are a few sadly negative remarks on this thread about the current state of baseball.
And yes I agree with some of the negative statements about the game.
But,,,,
My feeling is that baseball is still the best sport in the world and it is played by the best players in the world.
I still can enjoy watching a terrific pitcher throwing a gem. I still can enjoy watching the best defensive center-fielder in the game making a spectacular catch.
If you cannot enjoy baseball for the beauty that it is then that is just sorta sad.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 09-10-2014 at 09:53 AM.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:55 AM
Barry Sloate

I've been to the new Yankee Stadium only once and I found it to be deafening. I could not carry on a conversation with the person next to me, even if he and I both talked as loudly as we could. When you watch a Yankee game on TV, there is a commercial break between each half inning, which you can mute. But if you are at the ballpark, the noise is amped up to a million decibels during that time. They want people to sing and clap and get up and dance. I don't want to. I want to sit quietly and talk baseball. But you can't do that. As such, it was not a pleasant experience.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:22 AM
Belltown Vintage

It's a shame younger fans will never get to experience the pre-glitz baseball game experience. I started off going to games at the Astrodome in the 1960's, and at the time our scoreboard was the hugest anywhere. Even that was obnoxious. I was at the game where they unveiled their next scoreboard - also the hugest anywhere. I remember Omar Moreno playing right field that day - he turned around to watch the first scoreboard replay ever, which was him trotting lazily after a ball that was hit by him. The beginning of the end.

As far as food goes, you went to the ball game to have a burger or hotdog, and peanuts...maybe french fries. You didn't expect, or need, anything else. That was baseball game food and anything else would have been sacrilege.

Last edited by Runscott; 09-11-2014 at 09:24 AM.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:17 PM
Chris Wood

Quote:
It's a shame younger fans will never get to experience the pre-glitz baseball game experience.
This is exactly the crowd that these teams are trying to attract. The next generation of fans. If it's too loud, you (we!) are too old!
Old 09-12-2014, 12:40 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball tourist View Post
This is exactly the crowd that these teams are trying to attract. The next generation of fans. If it's too loud, you (we!) are too old!
I hadn't thought of it like that - good possibility that younger guys would be bored to death by a 1960's baseball game experience.

But we also have to keep in mind that all the marketing surrounding the game and individual players today, and their modern aura of being celebrities more than ballplayers, and today's kids' (and adults') focus on video games, immediate gratification and all wants and desires at their fingertips, contribute to expectations at the ballgame. Additionally, all the glitz can attract people who otherwise could care less about being at a baseball game.

Barry commented about all the noise between innings, but that noise and other stimulation is what today's humans have to have. Most people can't even sit still at a coffee shop without having a computer or cellphone in action. When we were kids, the only reason to get up between innings was to pee or buy a hot dog. Now everyone gets up to see what can be purchased or to experience some of the extracurricular activities. Not to mention 'selfies'
Old 09-12-2014, 12:51 PM
qualitycards

I've been to all 3 Yankee Stadiums and had a great time in all of them.
From Mickey Mantle day in the 1st stadium, to the opening of the next one in 1976 vs the Twins
to going to the new one in the year they won their last Championship. Was great seeing the facade where it should be
the screen showing Yankee greats & replays were amazing as well as Monument park.
Here's a shot I took at the 3rd stadium overlooking the 2nd one

Last edited by Jay Wolt; 09-12-2014 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:01 PM
Rob

Quote:
It's a shame younger fans will never get to experience the pre-glitz baseball game experience. I started off going to games at the Astrodome in the 1960's, and at the time our scoreboard was the hugest anywhere. Even that was obnoxious. I was at the game where they unveiled their next scoreboard - also the hugest anywhere. I remember Omar Moreno playing right field that day - he turned around to watch the first scoreboard replay ever, which was him trotting lazily after a ball that was hit by him. The beginning of the end.

As far as food goes, you went to the ball game to have a burger or hotdog, and peanuts...maybe french fries. You didn't expect, or need, anything else. That was baseball game food and anything else would have been sacrilege.
My first game was with my Dad at old Crosley Field in Cincinnati. It's how I became a Giants fan . I remember you could see cars on the freeway beyond the outfield.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:29 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

That experience was supposed to make you a REDS fan
Old 09-12-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Mass marketed "collectibles" = manufactured memorabilia
Old 09-12-2014, 05:03 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
That experience was supposed to make you a REDS fan
Not when Mays, McCovey and Hart all go deep....plus my Dad was a transplanted NY Giant fan. I hated the Reds, growing up. I remember watching Fisk's World Series HR in an OU bar.
Old 09-13-2014, 09:56 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Citi Field on the other hand is a great place and I really enjoyed the game I saw there. Some guy outside the stadium gave me and my friend free tickets and the security is so lax you can walk around the whole game and take it in in different areas where they even set up tables for you to hang out at.
Even though I'm a Mets fan and a season ticket holder I have to comment on what you said about security being so lax that you can watch the game from different locations other than your ticketed seat. You can watch the game from different angles, but they have ushers at each and every aisle on the Field Level to check tickets, so you can't go into the seating area and watch the game from an unoccupied seat. And you can't even enter the Excelsior level at all unless you have a ticket for a seat in that level, or you have a ticket that allows you access to the Caesars Club. There's more I can say, but I'll leave it at that.

Which is not to glorify the fake phony fraud Yankee Stadium at all. The last time I was there, I wanted to get a photo from the top of an aisle. I asked the usher, politely, to move a little bit so he wouldn't be in my picture. He responded by yelling "You can't go down there!" even though I never asked, nor attempted, to go down into the seating area.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:06 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Quote:
If you're in the new Yankee Stadium bleachers you can only see half the field--seems they put a fancy restaurant in the way. But, hey, I suppose you can still have fun watching the TVs on the concrete wall that blocks your view of the live game.

(Photo taken April 17, 2012. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)
Old 09-14-2014, 10:20 AM
Belltown Vintage

I have never heard of a situation like this at ANY baseball field - even Little League. What were they thinking?
Old 09-14-2014, 02:31 PM

What were they thinking? They were thinking "f*@k the bleacher fans. They don't spend real money."

Last edited by David Atkatz; 09-14-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:01 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Those seats are clearly listed obstructed view And are the cheapest seats in the house. Nobody sits there without being forewarned and walls only really have an affect in two sections of the bleachers.
On the other hand folks spending very little sitting in bleachers can have access to an upscale area to eat and drink to get in out of the heat in the summer and in from the cold and rain early in the season. Always crowded in there with folks having a great time watching their beloved Yankees. And yes mostly younger folks in their 20's and 30's and I am happy to see that the Yankees keep finding ways to attract fans of all ages and pocketbooks.
If their is a better experience than sitting in the stand of a major league park knowing at any moment you could witness history (That's Legal) please let me know about it. Because me and my whole family love it have loved it and will continue to love it.

Jonathan