NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on Ebay
Pre-WWII Cards
Post WWII Cards
Vintage Memorabilia
Babe Ruth Cards
Ty Cobb Cards
Lou Gehrig Cards
Mickey Mantle Cards
Goudey Cards
Bowman Cards
T205s on Ebay
Tobacco "T" Cards
Caramel "E" Cards
Vintage Baseball Postcards
Football Cards on Ebay
Exhibit Cards
Strip Cards
Baking Cards
Sporting News
Playball Cards on Ebay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-16-2019, 09:11 AM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,768
Default Any interest in a pricier piggyback sub?? - WE ARE LOGGED IN! - POPPED!!

I am trying to get together a pricier sub for cards worth more (up to $500). The cost is $20 per sub with the usual $1 to and from Cali. I don't mind eating the majority of the freight on these because I am subbing anyway. Just wanted to see if anyone was interested. They are currently running 25 business days.

Last edited by bobbyw8469; 08-09-2019 at 11:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-16-2019, 09:16 AM
ullmandds's Avatar
ullmandds ullmandds is offline
pete ullman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: saint paul, mn
Posts: 8,948
Default

r u sure you don't want to change to SGC?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-16-2019, 09:17 AM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,768
Default

100% positive. They should do better in a PSA slab.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-16-2019, 09:21 AM
wondo wondo is online now
John Wondowski
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 739
Default

How many do you need, Bobby?
__________________
T207 - 122/206 (gots a ways to go)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-16-2019, 09:27 AM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondo View Post
How many do you need, Bobby?
There is no minimum. This is definitely happening. Just wanted to see if someone had something they always wanted to submit, but couldn't because of the value restrictions placed on the bulk sub.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-16-2019, 10:24 AM
tonyo's Avatar
tonyo tonyo is offline
Tony Ooten
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Woodstock GA
Posts: 1,190
Default

Bobby,

I am interested.

Would you mind giving a quick primer (or directing me to the information) on how to determine my card(s) value prior to receiving a grade? I've never submitted any cards.

I have two of the 93 sp Jeters for example. May want to include more once I understand the question I asked, and the process.

Tony
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-16-2019, 11:39 AM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyo View Post
Bobby,

I am interested.

Would you mind giving a quick primer (or directing me to the information) on how to determine my card(s) value prior to receiving a grade? I've never submitted any cards.

I have two of the 93 sp Jeters for example. May want to include more once I understand the question I asked, and the process.

Tony
Well....you have to value them as to what monetary amount you would want should PSA damage them. And be REALISTIC based upon your eyes and what you think they should grade. For example, I am submitting a nicely centered Jim Brown rookie. It looks like between a '3' and a '4' to me. So I am valuing it for the full $499.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-16-2019, 01:09 PM
tonyo's Avatar
tonyo tonyo is offline
Tony Ooten
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Woodstock GA
Posts: 1,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Well....you have to value them as to what monetary amount you would want should PSA damage them. And be REALISTIC based upon your eyes and what you think they should grade. For example, I am submitting a nicely centered Jim Brown rookie. It looks like between a '3' and a '4' to me. So I am valuing it for the full $499.
Thanks Bobby.

So is it $20+$1 per card regardless of the assigned value (<500$)?

Last edited by tonyo; 05-16-2019 at 01:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-16-2019, 01:52 PM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyo View Post
Thanks Bobby.

So is it $20+$1 per card regardless of the assigned value (<500$)?
Yes.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-16-2019, 04:15 PM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,768
Default

Anyone else?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-16-2019, 04:39 PM
Scott L.'s Avatar
Scott L. Scott L. is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 412
Default

Hi Bobby

I have a GAI 6 52 Bowman Musial that I'd like to get in a PSA holder (hopefully).

That would qualify for this or no?

Thanks.

Scott
__________________
Scott L@tsko
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-16-2019, 06:25 PM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott L. View Post
Hi Bobby

I have a GAI 6 52 Bowman Musial that I'd like to get in a PSA holder (hopefully).

That would qualify for this or no?

Thanks.

Scott

Yes....cause it's over $100 and under $500. My advice would be to break it out of that holder. Can you live with the results if PSA says it is trimmed?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-16-2019, 07:08 PM
Copa7's Avatar
Copa7 Copa7 is offline
Chuck Zso.lnai
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York / Florida
Posts: 321
Default 500 + psa sub

I may be in for a couple cards
__________________
Collecting vintage soccer
Collecting pre-war baseball
Collecting vintage horse racing (wanted: tobacco cards and pins)
Set in progress: 1994 Upper Deck World Cup autographed
Set in progress: 1938 Konig Fussball
Sub set in progress: 1910-12 Sweet Caporal pins - Philadelphia Athletics - 4 of 11 complete (need: Baker, Murphy, Plank, Krause, Davis)

Successful transactions:
aro13
edsj
commishbob
jpaol99
Gonzo,
abroom
Brianp-beme
Dboneesq
Chris Counts
xplainer
Bobbyw8469
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-16-2019, 07:11 PM
wondo wondo is online now
John Wondowski
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 739
Default

Bobby,

Can I send in crosses or reviews or must everything be raw? Thanks.
__________________
T207 - 122/206 (gots a ways to go)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-16-2019, 07:15 PM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondo View Post
Bobby,

Can I send in crosses or reviews or must everything be raw? Thanks.
Everything must be raw....I can crack them out for you if you are leery...I rather not....but I can.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-16-2019, 07:18 PM
Scott L.'s Avatar
Scott L. Scott L. is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 412
Default

I have absolutely no idea how to crack open my GAI holder lol. Im about as handy as a doorknob.......
__________________
Scott L@tsko
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-16-2019, 07:51 PM
wondo wondo is online now
John Wondowski
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 739
Default

One more stupid question, and, believe me, I appreciate your handling this - can there be both regular and tall boys?
__________________
T207 - 122/206 (gots a ways to go)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-16-2019, 07:56 PM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott L. View Post
I have absolutely no idea how to crack open my GAI holder lol. Im about as handy as a doorknob.......
It's not pretty....it involves garden shears and a flathead screwdriver.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-16-2019, 07:56 PM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondo View Post
One more stupid question, and, believe me, I appreciate your handling this - can there be both regular and tall boys?
As long as they aren't bigger than the alloted size. If you mean by tall boys, 1965 Topps football, then yes.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-17-2019, 06:40 AM
tonyo's Avatar
tonyo tonyo is offline
Tony Ooten
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Woodstock GA
Posts: 1,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Yes.
If every card is $20+$1, shouldn't all of them be valued at $499?

so....
Place the cards in a cardsaver, mail to you with our net54 usernames, send you a PM or email listing the cards we sent and their value, paypal the payment to you.

Did I miss anything?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-17-2019, 06:46 AM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyo View Post
If every card is $20+$1, shouldn't all of them be valued at $499?

so....
Place the cards in a cardsaver, mail to you with our net54 usernames, send you a PM or email listing the cards we sent and their value, paypal the payment to you.

Did I miss anything?
Not necessarily. The bulk sub's limit is $100. This sub's limit is $499. Say you have a card valued at $300. It's too much to go under the bulk sub, but can go under this sub. And while would you value a card at $499 if it is only worth $300? All that does is jack the shipping up, which I am footing the bill on with this sub anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-17-2019, 07:19 AM
tonyo's Avatar
tonyo tonyo is offline
Tony Ooten
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Woodstock GA
Posts: 1,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Not necessarily. The bulk sub's limit is $100. This sub's limit is $499. Say you have a card valued at $300. It's too much to go under the bulk sub, but can go under this sub. And while would you value a card at $499 if it is only worth $300? All that does is jack the shipping up, which I am footing the bill on with this sub anyway.
Oh, that's it then. More shipping cost for higher value.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-17-2019, 07:31 AM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyo View Post
Oh, that's it then. More shipping cost for higher value.
Yes....just be actual. Claim what the card is actual worth and what you need in case PSA damages the card. The fact that they WILL actually damage your card is pretty slim. I just like being truthful. If the card ends up grading higher than what you valued it, then that is a nice bonus. It could just as easily wind up being worth lower than what you valued it at.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-17-2019, 07:49 AM
tonyo's Avatar
tonyo tonyo is offline
Tony Ooten
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Woodstock GA
Posts: 1,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Yes....just be actual. Claim what the card is actual worth and what you need in case PSA damages the card. The fact that they WILL actually damage your card is pretty slim. I just like being truthful. If the card ends up grading higher than what you valued it, then that is a nice bonus. It could just as easily wind up being worth lower than what you valued it at.
Got it, thanks for your patience.

So I have a 48 Leaf Musial that I purchased a few years ago as authentic, but recently I've begun to suspect it is a reprint. If it is authentic, it's worth more than $500.

Any suggestions for that one?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-17-2019, 07:53 AM
x2drich2000 x2drich2000 is offline
(DJ) Rich.ard.s
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyo View Post
Got it, thanks for your patience.

So I have a 48 Leaf Musial that I purchased a few years ago as authentic, but recently I've begun to suspect it is a reprint. If it is authentic, it's worth more than $500.

Any suggestions for that one?
Post a good scan of the Musial, the board will likely be able to tell you if it is real or not.

Bobby, when would you need these by?

Thanks
DJ
__________________
Current Wantlist:
E93 - Cobb
E92 Nadja - Bescher, Bridwell, Cobb, Crawford, Donovan, Doolan, Doyle (with bat), Evers, Kleinow, Lobert, Mathewson, Tinker, Wagner (throwing), Zimmerman
W554 - Anyone with any red backstamp, Fonseca, Klein, Rommel
E/T Young Backrun - Need E90-1, E92 black Crofts Candy, E92 Dockman, E101, E105, T216 (all versions)
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-17-2019, 08:10 AM
tonyo's Avatar
tonyo tonyo is offline
Tony Ooten
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Woodstock GA
Posts: 1,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2drich2000 View Post
Post a good scan of the Musial, the board will likely be able to tell you if it is real or not.

Bobby, when would you need these by?

Thanks
DJ
Musial scan at this thread: http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...93#post1878493

Bobby, I'd like to run this by PSA anyway . Do you think it's a candidate for this submission?

Actually after looking at that scan again, it may not be a PSA 3, so not worth more than $500

Last edited by tonyo; 05-17-2019 at 08:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-17-2019, 08:19 AM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyo View Post
Got it, thanks for your patience.

So I have a 48 Leaf Musial that I purchased a few years ago as authentic, but recently I've begun to suspect it is a reprint. If it is authentic, it's worth more than $500.

Any suggestions for that one?
Hmm...are you saying it appears to be high grade? Or is it more like a '5'? I can check value for you if need be.....do you have a scan?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-17-2019, 08:23 AM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyo View Post
Musial scan at this thread: http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...93#post1878493

Bobby, I'd like to run this by PSA anyway . Do you think it's a candidate for this submission?

Actually after looking at that scan again, it may not be a PSA 3, so not worth more than $500
Saw it...it looks to be between a '3' and a '4'. The value is a tad over $500, so you can get away with subbing that for $499 if you want to give it a go.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-19-2019, 06:12 AM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,768
Default

Anyone else?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-19-2019, 11:53 AM
wondo wondo is online now
John Wondowski
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 739
Default

Bobby,
Thank you for doing this; Im gonna pass this round.
__________________
T207 - 122/206 (gots a ways to go)
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 05-19-2019, 12:00 PM
jimq jimq is offline
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 93
Default

I have a few that won't qualify for your bulk subs if you can take them. How soon do you need them?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-19-2019, 02:30 PM
Sean's Avatar
Sean Sean is offline
Sean Costello
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Woodland, California
Posts: 3,612
Default

I have a few as well. I can get them in the mail Thursday. Is that too late?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-20-2019, 05:53 AM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2drich2000 View Post
Post a good scan of the Musial, the board will likely be able to tell you if it is real or not.

Bobby, when would you need these by?

Thanks
DJ
10th of June.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-20-2019, 05:53 AM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
I have a few as well. I can get them in the mail Thursday. Is that too late?
No.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-20-2019, 07:31 AM
fusorcruiser fusorcruiser is offline
Bob Z.
member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 19
Default

Hello, I'm a longtime member but infrequent poster. I may want to try and tag along if you are looking for more. I sent you a PM last night. Just need to know the details on how it works with you on a piggyback. I'm familiar with the PSA process, etc. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-20-2019, 08:08 AM
tonyo's Avatar
tonyo tonyo is offline
Tony Ooten
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Woodstock GA
Posts: 1,190
Default

I'll have a few to send.

I need to know the details as well. I'm not familiar with PSA process.

Place the cards in cardsavers, mail to you with our net54 usernames, send you a PM or email listing the cards we sent and their value, paypal the payment to you.

Is that correct?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-20-2019, 08:21 AM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyo View Post
I'll have a few to send.

I need to know the details as well. I'm not familiar with PSA process.

Place the cards in cardsavers, mail to you with our net54 usernames, send you a PM or email listing the cards we sent and their value, paypal the payment to you.

Is that correct?
Bingo.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-20-2019, 08:21 AM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusorcruiser View Post
Hello, I'm a longtime member but infrequent poster. I may want to try and tag along if you are looking for more. I sent you a PM last night. Just need to know the details on how it works with you on a piggyback. I'm familiar with the PSA process, etc. Thanks in advance.
Fusocruiser. You didnt PM me. Can you try again>?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-20-2019, 09:31 AM
fusorcruiser fusorcruiser is offline
Bob Z.
member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 19
Default

Thanks, Bobby. I forgot to hit send... Oops.

You should have it now. thanks again!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-22-2019, 01:11 PM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,768
Default

Robert Williams
PO Box 61362
Raleigh, NC 27661-1362

Include a slip of paper stating your name, return shipping addy, line items of all the cards you are submitting, with their respective values, and your net54 handle so I can contact you. You can pay once I have them in hand. It's a pretty painless process.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 05-22-2019, 07:41 PM
jimq jimq is offline
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 93
Default

I'm sorry for the dumb question but don't want to mess up your sub. I was just looking at some cards to send, and ran into a 1999 UD walter payton auto. Is it ok to send insert autos with this sub? I don't care about a grade but I'd like it to be in a holder (a grade woulds be great too).


Thanks Bobby!

jim
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 05-23-2019, 03:23 PM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimq View Post
I'm sorry for the dumb question but don't want to mess up your sub. I was just looking at some cards to send, and ran into a 1999 UD walter payton auto. Is it ok to send insert autos with this sub? I don't care about a grade but I'd like it to be in a holder (a grade woulds be great too).


Thanks Bobby!

jim
Jim that would be OK, but they wouldn't grade the auto. They would only grade the card. They state specifically that POST 1998 cards are ok (meaning they assume the auto on the card is real, since the card was manufactured that way)
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 05-27-2019, 02:07 AM
bensie bensie is offline
Ben Silva
Ben Sil.va
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 115
Default

Hi Bobby,

I'm interested in this sub. Is it too late for me? I can get my cards in the mail first thing Tuesday.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 05-27-2019, 05:43 AM
cubman1941 cubman1941 is offline
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Kingsport Tennessee
Posts: 555
Default

Bobby,

I will try and find a few and PM you if I do.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 05-27-2019, 08:32 AM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensie View Post
Hi Bobby,

I'm interested in this sub. Is it too late for me? I can get my cards in the mail first thing Tuesday.
No Ben...Tuesday is fine....
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 05-29-2019, 11:08 PM
bensie bensie is offline
Ben Silva
Ben Sil.va
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
No Ben...Tuesday is fine....
Hey Bobby, turns out I'm going to have to sit this one out. I thought I had a group of cards to sub, but the ones I have are either too low value or a bit too high. Thanks for running this again though. Any bulk subs planned soon?
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 05-30-2019, 09:11 AM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensie View Post
Hey Bobby, turns out I'm going to have to sit this one out. I thought I had a group of cards to sub, but the ones I have are either too low value or a bit too high. Thanks for running this again though. Any bulk subs planned soon?
The cheaper bulks I'm trying to do around once every 5 months.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 06-01-2019, 10:09 AM
swarmee's Avatar
swarmee swarmee is offline
J0hn Raff3rty
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Niceville FL
Posts: 4,102
Default

Maybe you should put future submissions on hold until this scandal has worked out. This one should still go because you've already accumulated the cards. Or if you want to return them, I will cover your shipping back to their owners ungraded.
__________________
--
PWCC: The Fish Stinks From the Head
PSA: Regularly Get Cheated
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 06-01-2019, 12:06 PM
tonyo's Avatar
tonyo tonyo is offline
Tony Ooten
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Woodstock GA
Posts: 1,190
Default

I cut n pasted this quote from another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post

I find it ironic how worked up some are in this thread and yet some of those commenting are putting together a PSA group submission on the main page of the site.
Regarding the group sub:
I'll admit I'm naive, have never submitted a card, am participating in said group submission for the first time, haven't read most of the posts regarding the current scandal...........

Check me if I'm wrong: isn't the current issue with PSA in them not detecting doctored cards? Personally, I'm submitting 5 cards, 3 of which were pulled from packs I purchased, 1 was given to me by a friend in my childhood of the 70's, and the 5th was actually purchased raw on ebay maybe 5 to 10 years ago. So, i know 3 of these weren't doctored, 1 very very highly unlikely doctored, and the 5th probably not doctored. Plus, I'm not expecting high grades on any of them.

I suppose the concern would be: PSA either goes under or loses all credibility, thus any cards in their holders loses at least partial value solely due to being in a PSA holder ?

Or is the reason the quoted post questions the group sub more along the lines of "why are folks giving money to PSA at this point in time"

Honest questions, would love to hear multiple views specific to making current submissions.

I considered not participating due to the current state, but have decided to proceed anyway based on what i wrote a couple of thoughts above.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 06-01-2019, 12:19 PM
swarmee's Avatar
swarmee swarmee is offline
J0hn Raff3rty
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Niceville FL
Posts: 4,102
Default

Both reasons, tonyo.
__________________
--
PWCC: The Fish Stinks From the Head
PSA: Regularly Get Cheated
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any interest in a piggyback PSA bulk order? CARDS AT PSA - GRADES POPPED!!! bobbyw8469 Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 166 05-09-2019 10:13 PM
Gauging interest for a PSA Piggyback Special!! bobbyw8469 WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics 23 05-07-2017 04:31 PM
Any interest in a piggyback to PSA this month? NEED THEM QUICKLY! CLOSED!!!! bobbyw8469 Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 12 01-21-2016 05:34 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 PM.


ebay GSB