NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Be.n C0z1n

Default Philly Show Update

Anything at all going on as far as card dealers at the show, or has it just completely fallen apart & gone autographs? Updates/thoughts...
Old 12-03-2011, 11:56 AM

I was at the show all day yesterday. There is a lot of construction around the facility. The show itself is on the bottom floor of the complex. You had to walk down a few sets of stairs and down a large hallway. So, that atmosphere does not help. They charge $8 per day admission, $21 for the weekend, all of which I thought was a little steep.

Now, having said that, the show itself wasn't as bad as I was suspecting. There was a mixture of local Philly dealers as well as National dealers. Lots of Phillies cards & memorabilia. A few auction houses had booths (Goodwin, Mile High, Heritage, Huggins & Scott, Clean Sweep). All 3 grading companies (PSA, SGC, Beckett) were there. James Spence (JSA) was there for authenticating autographs.

All in all, the show has lost a lot of its luster from the old Ft. Washington days, but it doesn't seem like it will be history just quite yet.

Alan

Last edited by Jewish-collector; 12-03-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:02 PM
qualitycards

Wasn't SGC at the Oaks show? I know they were at the 1st Oaks show earlier in the year
as they were set up in the front hall way when you came in.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Wolt View Post
Wasn't SGC at the Oaks show? I know they were at the 1st Oaks show earlier in the year
as they were set up in the front hall way when you came in.
I think the exclusion was only for auction houses and maybe dealers....
Old 12-04-2011, 03:14 AM
Jim
Ja.mes Merm.igis

I drove down with a friend yesterday from NY and there was a lot of empty exhibition space in the room. The dealers that I spoke to were very happy with their sales and I got to see a few preview items in upcoming auctions like Mile High. There were quite of few modern dealers as well.

I was happy to pick up a rare Ruth card
Old 12-05-2011, 07:21 PM
jeff v

I was there for a while yesterday. A lot better than the last Oaks show. Lots of people, probably because there was no Eagles game. A lot of decent autographs. While waiting to get in the show at 10, I had to fight the urge to turn around and give a couple guys behind me a piece of my mind. They were running their mouths, talking crap about card collectors and guys who were carrying boxes of cards. Piss off, a-holes.

Picked up a T206 Reulbach (glove variation) and T201 Evers/Chance double folder. Awesome follow up to my T200 Cubs I picked up at the Oaks show.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:39 PM
T0dd M@rcum

Any great ideas to help the Oaks shows? I know that there has been money spent doing that ads...why do you think the traffic has been so light? Admission is cheaper and the first two shows have had Vick and Rollins.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Ken McMillan

How much were they paying people to take Vick's autograph? I certainly wouldnt pay anything for it!!!