NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 02-24-2014, 01:59 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Default The National Sports Collectors Convention

http://nsccshow.com/
I figured i post this years info on the 2014 35th National and location/info:

Tristar Productions Announces Initial List of Autograph Signers for the 35th National
Tristar Productions has announced the first group of autograph guests for the 35th National, scheduled for July 30-August 3, 2014 at the I-X Center in Cleveland, OH. As usual the guest list includes a load of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers. Additional names will be added as we get closer to the event.

Baseball Hall of Famers signing at the 35th National will include former Indians Roberto Alomar, Dennis Eckersley and Frank Robinson. Also slated to appear is current Indians Manager Terry Francona. Joining them will be Johnny Bench, Rod Carew, Carlton Fisk, Reggie Jackson, Al Kaline, Bill Mazeroski, Joe Morgan, Jim Palmer, Tony Perez, Jim Rice and Cal Ripken Jr.

Future Hall of Famers Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez will sign at the National along with David Justice and Pete Rose.

Football is well represented as well. All-Time Cleveland Brown great Jim Brown headlines a number of NFL greats. Also signing will be newly inducted Hall of Famer Cris Carter along with Lem Barney, Nick Buoniconti, Earl Campbell, Dermontti Dawson, Fred Dean, Dan Dierdorf, Bob Griese, Jack Ham, John Hannah, Franco Harris, Jack Lambert, Deion Sanders, Paul Warfield and Jack Youngblood. Appearing with them will be former Steeler greats Rocky Bleier, Andy Russell and Hines Ward. Former Ohio State Heisman Winners Archie Griffin and Eddie George are scheduled as well.

"Dr. J", the great Julius Erving will be signing at the National. Also appearing will be former Boxing Legends and Champions "Sugar" Ray Leonard, Roberto Duran and Thomas "Hit Man" Hearns. Additional names will be announced as they are confirmed. Autograph tickets for all signers will go on sale later this year through the Tristar web site.

Tickets and VIP Admission Packages will go on sale for the 35th National beginning Monday, March 3, 2014. The 35th National Sports Collectors Convention will be held at the International Exposition (I-X) Center in Cleveland 7/30/14-8/3/14. In addition to one-day General Admission Tickets, there are several different VIP Package options. All include admission to all 5 days of the show, a special VIP Reception on Wednesday afternoon, a gift package including promotional items not available elsewhere, free autograph tickets for exclusive VIP signers, use of a VIP Lounge for the week and more. A SuperVIP option this year provides free weeklong parking in a special VIP Parking Area at the I-X Center. For attendees looking for autograph line privileges and other autograph related perks, there are several All Access packages as well. Details on all the admission options can be found on the National web site atwww.NSCCShow.com

Last edited by pawpawdiv9; 02-24-2014 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:20 PM
Rich Klein

Leon:

This is worth putting on the main page as many of us go each year

Rich
Old 02-25-2014, 05:42 AM
Chris

You going Chris?
Old 02-25-2014, 08:18 AM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestdj777 View Post
You going Chris?
LOL..im down in Georgia. But it be nice to get to go to one.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:54 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 View Post
Fair enough. I wish I had gone last year when it was on the east coast.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:02 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

I am going with a buddy this year. It will be my first convention. I have always wanted to go. Can't wait!! 350,000 sq ft of the stuff I like has the potential to be pretty overwhelming....
Old 02-26-2014, 07:29 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 View Post
Where in Georgia? I'm in the Northeastern part in Toccoa. Right next to Royston (home of Ty Cobb) and 20 minutes south of Demorest (home of Johnny Mize).
Drew
Old 02-27-2014, 11:26 AM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

NorthWest near the Bama border. Kinda wish a convention come close instead of ATL..maybe even the Cobb Civic area or Galleria. They are having that "NEW gold coin find" this week/weekend at a coin show. The find that was in Calif and like 140+ gold coins in a tin can in like pristine condition. 100l for just 1 worth 10 mill net worth. AMAZING. It was on T.V. advertising to get folks out.

Last edited by pawpawdiv9; 02-27-2014 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:29 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Ok, rookie questions from someone who will be attending his first National this year. What form of payment do most vintage dealers expect? Do they expect cash even for purchases of, say $1000? Are credit cards widely accepted? I will be far from home and the home bank and want to be prepared. I don't love the idea of carrying a large amount of cash on me. Thanks.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:36 PM
Mike Bodner

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
Ok, rookie questions from someone who will be attending his first National this year. What form of payment do most vintage dealers expect? Do they expect cash even for purchases of, say $1000? Are credit cards widely accepted? I will be far from home and the home bank and want to be prepared. I don't love the idea of carrying a large amount of cash on me. Thanks.
I've found many take credit cards and it's easier now with smart phones, but cash is king. You can dicker more since they are not paying fees and may not necessarily pay taxes on all the cash sales.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:17 PM

Can't wait.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:19 PM
Pa.ul Mat.is.ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
I am going with a buddy this year. It will be my first convention. I have always wanted to go. Can't wait!! 350,000 sq ft of the stuff I like has the potential to be pretty overwhelming....
You are going to love it. Its even better than you can imagine! This will be my 6th (all 5 Cleveland shows and 2002 in Chicago)

Last edited by PM770; 04-09-2014 at 03:22 PM.