NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 01-15-2012, 09:34 AM
Phil Garry

Here are a couple of mine............
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ryan_Nolan_1967.jpg (69.5 KB, 371 views)
File Type: jpg Seaver_Tom_1967.jpg (79.2 KB, 371 views)
Old 01-15-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbgcbrcb View Post
Here are a couple of mine............
Phil,
It looks like you found the photo match to my vintage signed Nolan Ryan Jacksonville Suns newspaper cut.
Nice!!
Old 01-15-2012, 02:05 PM
Phil Garry

Thanks, Scott. I thought that image in your collection looked familiar, nice auto as well.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:28 AM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Some Tom Seaver stuff from 1967 Mets publications for your amusement... first, a few scans from a 1967 Mets program (sold and scored during the 6/14/67 game)...

Page 15 - profile of Tom Seaver...

Page 25 - "Meeting The Fans" including a photo of "Rookie Tom Seaver signing autographs before recent game"...

Page 30 - can you find the Tom Seaver tie-in on this page? Don't worry if you can't, all will be revealed in due time...

And now, from the 1967 Mets yearbook, Tom Seaver's bio...

Tom Seaver making a guest appearance on Bill Denehy's page, along with Don Shaw, as spearheaders of the 1967 youth movement...

Did you guess that Bill Denehy was the Seaver tie-in from page 30 of the '67 Mets program? But Seaver's appearance on Denehy's page was not the only place where the two appeared together... chew on that for a few minutes, while we present a final, non-"Franchise" delicacy from the 1967 Mets yearbook...

Page 9 - Wes Westrum's bio, including a photo of the manager with "prodigy" Nolan Ryan...

And for those of you who may not have figured out the other Seaver-Denehy connection, Bill Denehy was "the other guy" on Tom Seaver's 1967 Topps rookie card...

Old 01-16-2012, 02:23 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

My meager contribution.... I have some vintage pennants, but nothing rare or special enough to show here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 427.jpg (72.0 KB, 391 views)
Old 01-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Richard Simon

She's got nice legs .
I have the Mr Met but did not know there was a female version.
Thanks for that pic.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 01-16-2012, 02:30 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
She's got nice legs .
I have the Mr Met but did not know there was a female version.
Thanks for that pic.
Yeah... she's pretty hot

Keep an eye out on ebay... she tends to turn up maybe twice a year (either with or without Mr. Met). Also, Inside the Park Collectibles seems to get these about once a year. VERY tough to find her with the original Pennant (it is usually missing or a repro).

Last edited by perezfan; 01-16-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:29 PM
The Uber Anal Retentive Freak

Default mets pennants

Here are a bunch from '69, including a few I actually got within the past week. The one blue pennant is really strange ... originally it was made to say Eastern Division Champs but apparantly the pennant company wanted to better utilize what was leftover after the series and painted over it with what looks like part of an orange crown. It is really heavy paint, clearly done at the factory.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (79.4 KB, 392 views)
Old 02-11-2012, 10:47 AM

Default Street & Smiths

You have to read Street & Smiths-and other guides as well- about this guy George Seaver in the Mets farm system.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:30 AM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

In 2012 we are celebrating 150 years of Mets baseball. According to this T-shirt, officially licensed by Major League Baseball and sold by the official online shop of the New York Mets...

...the Mets were "Established 1862."

http://metsonline.com/apparently-the.../#.TzsDhlxBw-A
Old 02-15-2012, 08:33 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

I am sure that this is the first of many embarrassing moments this season. It is going to be a long one.

Jeff
Old 02-15-2012, 01:22 PM
Rick P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
In 2012 we are celebrating 150 years of Mets baseball. According to this T-shirt, officially licensed by Major League Baseball and sold by the official online shop of the New York Mets...

...the Mets were "Established 1862."

http://metsonline.com/apparently-the.../#.TzsDhlxBw-A
I had thought they were established much earlier...there's that song written in 1814 that begins "Oh Shea can you see..."