NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 04-13-2016, 12:29 PM
mi.ke-w0.ng

Default Black Mamba is done

Farewell Mamba!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg (73.5 KB, 593 views)
Old 04-13-2016, 01:36 PM
mi.ke-w0.ng

Mamba
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (17.5 KB, 567 views)
Old 04-13-2016, 02:12 PM
5t3v3...D4.w50n

Thank God!

Maybe now, I can get back to being a Laker fan.

I grew up as a Laker fan back in the 1970s and 1980s. Stopped being a fan when they chose Bryant over Shaq. I vowed I would never be a fan of the Lakers as long as Bryant was on the team.

What can I say, I have a thing against rapists. You can add to that, the fact that he then lied about it and bought his way out of it.

Steve

Current Wantlist:
1909 Obak Howard (Los Angeles) (no frame on back)
1910 E90-2 Gibson, Hyatt, Maddox
Old 04-13-2016, 02:34 PM
Rob

Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Actually, let it hit you in the ass and knock you down the stairs as well.

Go hang out with Ray Lewis.
Old 04-13-2016, 03:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve D View Post
Thank God!

Maybe now, I can get back to being a Laker fan.

I grew up as a Laker fan back in the 1970s and 1980s. Stopped being a fan when they chose Bryant over Shaq. I vowed I would never be a fan of the Lakers as long as Bryant was on the team.

What can I say, I have a thing against rapists. You can add to that, the fact that he then lied about it and bought his way out of it.

Steve
Wow sounds like youre being a hater. Kobe was wayyyyyy more valuable than shaq and dominated the league for years. His playing ability and competitiveness was unmatched. You sound real salty and bitter. And the fact that you brought up the whole rape issue is just retarded imo
Old 04-13-2016, 05:33 PM
5t3v3...D4.w50n

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyFarino View Post
And the fact that you brought up the whole rape issue is just retarded imo

I suppose you think it's OK to rape someone, as long as you're able to get away with it.

I sure hope you never have kids!

Steve

Current Wantlist:
1909 Obak Howard (Los Angeles) (no frame on back)
1910 E90-2 Gibson, Hyatt, Maddox
Old 04-13-2016, 06:20 PM

Well, that went sour in a hurry.

Charges were never filed against Kobe in the sexual assault case. To call him a rapist is inserting a verdict where there never was one (regardless of my personal thoughts of guilt on the matter).

That said, I'm no Kobe fan. The Lakers will be better off when 1) he's gone and 2) their ownership and front office can pull its head out of its rear.

Last edited by Dewey; 04-13-2016 at 06:21 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve D View Post
I suppose you think it's OK to rape someone, as long as you're able to get away with it.

I sure hope you never have kids!

Steve
Dude im sorry but that was a ignorant response. You need to go to another forum with that BS
Old 04-13-2016, 07:38 PM
mi.ke-w0.ng

Quote:
Wow sounds like youre being a hater. Kobe was wayyyyyy more valuable than shaq and dominated the league for years. His playing ability and competitiveness was unmatched. You sound real salty and bitter. And the fact that you brought up the whole rape issue is just retarded imo
well said!
Old 04-14-2016, 06:44 AM
Chris

Quote:
And the fact that you brought up the whole rape issue is just retarded imo
Comparing someone to the mentally disabled, for any reason, is completely unnecessary and is insulting. No need to use that word.
Old 04-14-2016, 06:53 AM
pete ullman

WOW! What a way to go out for kobe. When I heard I assumed both teams "fed" kobe the ball the whole game...NOT THE CASE!

Kobe had flashes of curry last night!!

Here you go haters!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQYz0I5dE_A
Old 04-17-2016, 03:00 AM
Jason A. Schwartz

Man, I'm just trying to admire the OP's incredible Kobe collection...fantastic stuff!

I was lucky enough to make it to Kobe's Chicago farewell. Had a blast. No doubt he's not the same player he was in his prime, but who is?? Look how bad Peyton Manning sucked this past season, including the Super Bowl...Father Time still undefeated.

And regarding the rape allegations, Manning is also a good comparison. His incident with the trainer at Tennessee definitely taints (no pun intended) his legacy. Of course, Manning superfans will note he was never convicted, that it wasn't actual sex, that it was just a prank, that the accuser had issues, etc.

Going back to the Mamba, he and Duncan are the two greatest of their era. Kobe's last game was epic...I wasn't seeing any lack of D from the Jazz. What I did see was the Lakers wanting Kobe to take a ton of shots, which obviously helped him rack up his points. Still, show me even 10 other players in the league today who could get to 60 in those same circumstances and one EVER who could do it at 37 years old.

There is a reason nearly every young NBA star idolized Kobe growing up. There is only one Mamba, absolutely one of the greatest players ever.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Collecting interests and want lists at https://jasoncards.wordpress.com/201...nd-want-lists/