NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 04-10-2018, 07:41 PM
Dewey St. Germaine

Good catch on the date in the lower left corner. I totally overlooked that since I didn't realize it was a milestone game too. I will have to keep an eye out for a season ticket or box office printed the actual date of the game to upgrade this one eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgwirecom View Post
i always keep an eye out for the date. I want to find a season ticket which is rough. It was also a Jim Thome HR game which I collect.

It is also (I'm fairly sure) an after-the-fact ticket. take a look at the date in the lower left corner. Thats the date it was purchased. It was after the game date. They would often do this with unsold seats to a milestone game.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:50 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

Always check that on box office tickets. Season tickets are pre-printed before the season. However in a few cases teams even reprinted season tickets. In 1998 the Cardinals did it for McGwire's 62nd and 70th HRs. Then again in 1999 for his 500th HR. The Mets did it for Santana's no hitter a few years ago.

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears
Old 04-10-2018, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
Good catch on the date in the lower left corner. I totally overlooked that since I didn't realize it was a milestone game too. I will have to keep an eye out for a season ticket or box office printed the actual date of the game to upgrade this one eventually.
Dewey,
The season ticket version of this ticket is a REALLY tough one to find, just as an FYI.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:52 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

As a follow up, the print date on the box office tickets is not always on the bottom left. It depends on the team, and I've seen some that are kind of buried within some other numbers. If I remember correctly, the Tony Gwynn 3000 hit ticket had the print date in a series of number on the bottom closer to the middle. Also, there are tickets like the 3000 hit for Ichiro that look to me like the print date is the event code. I'll attach a photo of one, and maybe Scott or someone else can comment on that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ichiro.jpg (71.5 KB, 417 views)
Old 04-11-2018, 03:28 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

Yes, you are correct. It can be in other areas. But for a long time it was usually the lower left. I've seen some reprints, like Roy Halladays Perfect Game that don't show a print date . This particular style was reprinted and no print date added. Some other styles had them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg halladayperfectbo.jpg (48.9 KB, 403 views)

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Old 04-11-2018, 06:16 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Randall, so I'm a little confused on the Halladay ticket. The one you showed doesn't have a printing number, or is the event code the print code? Also, I found another example with some additional numbers under the event code, but can't really figure a date out of it? Thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg halladay.jpg (18.9 KB, 402 views)
Old 04-11-2018, 07:42 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

all i know is most of that style showed up AFTER the Perfect Game. I think a lot of them were printed and sold by the team to make money. But there is no way to tell they were after the fact. I'm not saying that ALL were after the fact, but a lot were.

Old 04-14-2018, 09:34 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Here's a genuine Season Ticket to Johan Santana's no-hitter...

The team-issued reprints have a blank line where "SEASON TICKET" or "PLAN TICKET" appear, and in some cases the club access indicator at the top of the ticket may differ from the original (I've seen one ticket where the original only entitled the holder to Promenade Club access, but the reprint indicated access to Acela, Caesars and Promenade Clubs).

Here's something completely different - a fake ticket to Johan Santana's no-hitter. Not a team-issued reprint, but a digital manipulation.

I created this because I thought it would look cool to see Santana's image on a ticket from his no-hitter. In addition to the picture, I've made other changes - some obvious, some subtle - to ensure this can never be passed off as an actual ticket, or a rare variation. This is just for entertainment value, nothing more. The Johan Santana image and graphics shown here were digitally copied from a real 2012 Mets ticket for a game to be played in the season.

Old 04-14-2018, 09:44 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgwirecom View Post
I've seen some reprints, like Roy Halladays Perfect Game that don't show a print date . This particular style was reprinted and no print date added. Some other styles had them.
I ordered a "souvenir commemorative" Halladay Perfect Game ticket from the Marlins after the fact. What I received was printed on Ticketmaster stock. Note the A10JUN0 date in the lower left corner - this indicates the date the ticket was printed (6/10/10), proving this ticket was printed AFTER the game and thus is a "souvenir commemorative" ticket and not an actual ticket that was used, or could have been used, to attend the game.

(The barcode does appear on the ticket. I removed it from the scan for security purposes.)

They were charging actual ticket prices for the "souvenir" tickets, as if you were buying an actual ticket to attend the game. Good for them because they make money but bad for us because, well, what's the point in paying a premium price for a premium seat to a game that you can't attend? It's not like the location of the seat has any bearing on the value of the ticket, right?
Old 04-15-2018, 05:29 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
I ordered a "souvenir commemorative" Halladay Perfect Game ticket from the Marlins after the fact. What I received was printed on Ticketmaster stock. Note the A10JUN0 date in the lower left corner - this indicates the date the ticket was printed (6/10/10), proving this ticket was printed AFTER the game and thus is a "souvenir commemorative" ticket and not an actual ticket that was used, or could have been used, to attend the game.

(The barcode does appear on the ticket. I removed it from the scan for security purposes.)

They were charging actual ticket prices for the "souvenir" tickets, as if you were buying an actual ticket to attend the game. Good for them because they make money but bad for us because, well, what's the point in paying a premium price for a premium seat to a game that you can't attend? It's not like the location of the seat has any bearing on the value of the ticket, right?
This particular game is such an oddity to me. I have only seen one box office ticket stub (on box office stock paper) for sale that actually had a print date prior to the game. All others have either been without a print date, or a Ticketmaster ticket with a post date.
Some teams, like the Twins don't (or didn't) seem to have print dates on any of their tickets. Both Winfield's and Murray's 3000 hit tickets (both playing the twins) do not have print dates on them, however, the twins at least printed on the ticket "authentic unused game ticket" for those printed after the fact.