NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-05-2005, 06:21 AM
Administrator

Default eBay # of days preference?

Posted By: Trae R.

What has proven to be the best # of days to list your eBay cards. I prefer 3 because of the "short-n-sweetness" but I was wondering if longer day listings end up with a higher price realized? How about a specific auction end time, has that proven any difference in price? I have been pretty irresponsible with my buying recently so to punish myself I am going to sell some of my collection. Thanks for any help offered.

-Trae

(Also if you read this "guy who I am paying for the lot of 36 T206's" no worries, I'm still committed to paying that off ASAP!)

Old 02-05-2005, 06:27 AM
Administrator

Posted By: andy becker

it's free, and it give all the "regulars" a chance. you are also catering to the occasional shopper without paying for the 10 day.
good luck trae!

Old 02-05-2005, 06:36 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred

Three days might be a bit short, especially if you start it on a Friday and run it through the weekend.

Seven days seems pretty good. A "search" for a particular item doesn't always bring up everything. Seven days will allow people to do the same search a few times and possibly bring up the item in second or third search. The more exposure time, the better.

Ten days is also good if you're patient. There's a good chance you'll make up the extra dime for selecting this option.

Old 02-05-2005, 06:38 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Chris

I'm with Andy. I have had pretty good luck with 7-day auctions. If you use a BIN it usually gives buyers a day or two before someone makes a bid. To me a 10 day auction is too long -- your listings are so deep within any categories or searches that no one sees them until their 3-4 days old anyway.

Also, it seems to me that fewer people bid on items ending on a Monday (especially Monday night). I could be wrong, that's just my experience.

Hope that helps.

Old 02-05-2005, 06:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dennis

i usually use the 7 day,but sometimes 5 if i list a few days apart.to get them to end same day.also, if i list on monday or tues. i use 5 day to get it to end on sat/sun.

Old 02-05-2005, 08:38 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Trae R.

Thank you everyone! I listed a few things just now:
http://search.ebay.com/_Cards_W0QQcatrefZC12QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsacatZ212QQ sassZmlbvintage

Old 02-05-2005, 09:22 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

I usually just look at the items that were added that day with BINs and then look at the items ending the in the next 24 hours. Most items do not get bids until the last day. I have noticed that T206 cards seem to command a good price whether they are one day auctions or 10 day auctions. I would not say this is true for anything else. There seems to be a fair number of T206 buyers that check listings daily.

I have gotten to the point of not finishing my auctions on Sunday night, they can sometimes get lost in the all the listings. Two times to avoid are Friday nights and Saturday nights, saturday afternoon has worked well for me.

If you are in no hurry I would just run everything on the 7 day auctions it certainly can't hurt.

Lee

Old 02-05-2005, 10:38 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

I learned the hard way that Sunday night isn't such a good night to end auctions anymore. Yes, according to carious sources, Sunday night is the busiest night on eBay, but that also mean everyone else is ending their auctions then and you get lost in the shuffle unless youa re offering something really unique. I had a couple of low grade t206s go for under $5 beucase they got lost in the Sunday night swamp.

Jay

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --- WOW, What a ride!

Old 02-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

with 1 day and 7 day auctions, both ending on Sunday, but ending at around 5:00pm Eastern, before the big onslaught of listings Sunday night.