NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-13-2013, 07:02 AM
Phil Garry

Default Baseball Hall of Fame Rookie Card Collection

After nearly 10 years of sheer enjoyment, filling in the missing gaps of my Baseball Hall of Fame Rookie Card collection, I have made the decision to sell a significant portion of my collection, roughly 40% of it. Over the next few months, I will be listing these items on the Net 54 B/S/T but if anyone wants to get a head start and either PM or e-mail me (vguerrerobb@yahoo.com) with rookie cards that you are looking for (especially post-war), I would be happy to try and work out a deal with you.

At this stage of the game, my collection has reached a pretty stagnant point so the fun of adding new cards and selling off the old ones has started to dwindle. Since my decision to sell is not predicated upon money, there will be no fire sale here. I believe that my prices are very fair given the fact that I am looking to sell and not display museum pieces but if I do not receive a fair price on any item, I will hold on to it along with the remainder of my collection.

Finally, I would like to thank all of those Net 54 members who have sold me a lot of my key cards over the years, I will still be holding on to many of them for a long, long time.

BTW I have started to dabble in the vintage ice cream & soda collectibles market, particularly Carvel, Baskin Robbins, Ramblin Root Beer & Howard Johnson's so if anyone has any cool items that they are willing to part with, I would love to hear from you.

Last edited by bcbgcbrcb; 07-13-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:48 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Good luck with everything Phil. You might consider type card collecting. It's never stagnant and there is always something to add to your collection. Good luck with the ice cream stuff. I love to eat ice cream and always have some in the freezer!!
Old 07-13-2013, 08:01 AM
Derek Granger

Default mmm...ice cream

Phil -

I know there are quite a few "untouchables" in your collection...but if you ever decide to let others touch them, give me a holler! Definitely give me a shout before you decide to list any of the rarer items...I'd appreciate it!

By the way, who doesn't love ice cream?? I know many who don't like baseball cards (just ask my wife)...but she loves ice cream!!

All the best!

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)
Old 07-13-2013, 08:06 AM
Barry Sloate

I eat ice cream almost every day....it's my one vice.

Good luck on the sale Phil. I know that when it gets hard to add anything to your collection, the excitement wanes. Been there.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:18 AM
David Pierson
Banned

I hate ice cream, in fact I hate all dairy. Dairy is only for infants, and only of the same species. Dave
Old 07-13-2013, 09:31 AM

"I scream, you scream............."
Old 07-13-2013, 09:39 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Sorry to hear this, Phil. It was always a joy to read your research into the HOF rookies, especially for prewar. Do you have a link to your current collection on how far you got? Good luck with your new hobby!
Old 07-13-2013, 09:47 AM
Miguel Sz@b@n¥&

I'm always trying to move forward with my HOF collection. I'll keep my eyes on B/S/T and good luck in your new ventures.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:08 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Phil -any N167s?
Old 07-13-2013, 03:13 PM
Phil Garry

Sorry, Jay, wish I did.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:14 PM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

Dibs on the postcards

Think the focus will actually make your collection that much better Phil!
Old 07-14-2013, 04:30 AM
Rich Klein

Default Your new child is

far more important; cards etc cn be replaced; kids can not
Old 07-14-2013, 06:52 AM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Junkie View Post
I hate ice cream, in fact I hate all dairy. Dairy is only for infants, and only of the same species. Dave
Have you had you bone density checked ever? Make sure you take calcium supplements
Old 07-14-2013, 09:17 AM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default Rookies

Phil, best of luck on your little rookie and the new collection.

I'm looking forward to having a chance to acquire a card or two when they become available.

Pretty clever disguising your newly found compulsion for T206 as Ice Cream.
I hope you lick the Monster

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:45 AM
Dan Paradis

Hey Phil,

I'm sure I'll be interested in some of your cards. I'm looking mostly for the rarer post-war HOF RC's but let me know about all of your sales.

Good luck with the ice cream collection!!

Take care,
Dan
Old 07-14-2013, 09:54 AM
David Pierson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFandango View Post
Have you had you bone density checked ever? Make sure you take calcium supplements
By consuming "dairy" one actually "Leeches" calcium out of your body...one very big reason "dairy" is bad for you. However,the FDA will never admit it because they are controlled by big bucks from dairy producers.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:04 PM
Phil Garry

PM sent with complete list, Dan.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:14 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Junkie View Post
By consuming "dairy" one actually "Leeches" calcium out of your body...one very big reason "dairy" is bad for you. However,the FDA will never admit it because they are controlled by big bucks from dairy producers.
Sure they are. And here I thought it was Big Pharma and the Illuminati. Little did I know it was Big Farm.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-14-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:42 PM
I@n Cl@rke

PM sent.. Best of luck in future collecting endeavors.

Thanks,

Ian
Old 07-14-2013, 11:30 PM
Ken Wirt

Best of luck with all your endeavors, Phil. I have always found you to be the "go-to" guy on all things HOF, and you have helped me with my collection more than once. Look forward to hearing about whatever you focus on next. And congratulations, in case I forgot!!! All the best... Ken
Old 07-15-2013, 09:34 AM
Phil Garry

Just an update, I have received numerous e-mails from Net 54 members asking for specific cards which I indicated were not available for sale. After completing an eye-opening transaction over the weekend, I would like to restate my position and ask that anyone in this situation who is willing to pay well above market price on a particular item to make me your best offer and we'll go from there.

Thank you to all for your support.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:42 AM
Phil Garry

I just wanted to let everyone know that I just listed my first small group of cards in the 1980's and Newer section on the B/S/T. Please keep checking the various B/S/T sections as I will continue to list a few new items at a time over the next couple of months.

Last edited by bcbgcbrcb; 07-16-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:10 AM

Phil,

Do you have a site with images of all your HOF collection? or a listing online?

Scott
Old 07-16-2013, 11:14 AM
Phil Garry

Scott:

PM sent.

Thanks,

Phil
Old 07-16-2013, 12:36 PM

Best of luck Phil as you take your collecting into a different direction. I recently printed out the list you compiled and I was surprised I had more than I thought I did in my type collection that fit your list... so now I have a sub type collection within my type collection..

Ricky Y
Old 07-26-2013, 08:29 AM
Phil Garry

Thank you to all who have made the first phase of parting with my Baseball Hall of Fame Rookie Card collection such a success. From the initial group of arroximately 120 items, there are now 6 left and those are all listed in the BST section on Net 54.

I would just like to let everyone know that there will be a second phase to my efforts. I will probably not be lsiting this additioanl group of cards for sale on the Net 54 BST as many of the items will go the auction house route. However, if anyone would like to view the items currently available for sale, please visit my website at: www.bbhofrc.com

There will be no prices listed there but feel free to make me your best offer on anything pictured and we'll go from there. My e-mail address is: vguerrerobb@yahoo.com
Old 07-26-2013, 05:10 PM
Derek Granger

Phil - thanks for working with me on the HUGE transaction. I think my HOF rookie completion percentage has just gone up by about 15%!!! But I don't think it will move much beyond that for many, many months!

I hope you'll continue to collaborate with me on rookie-card discussions and other baseball card collecting interests!

All the best, Derek

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)
Old 07-26-2013, 05:17 PM
Jimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oya311 View Post
Phil - thanks for working with me on the HUGE transaction. I think my HOF rookie completion percentage has just gone up by about 15%!!! But I don't think it will move much beyond that for many, many months!

I hope you'll continue to collaborate with me on rookie-card discussions and other baseball card collecting interests!

All the best, Derek
I ditto that, Derek...on all aspects!!
jimivintage@yahoo.com
Jimi