NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-16-2008, 03:14 PM
Administrator

Default Fro Joy opinions Real or fake?

Posted By: dan mckee

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250309163565&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Old 10-16-2008, 03:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

What could be tougher than authenticating a Fro-Joy from a scan?

60-40 that they're fake.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul

Fake !!!

The line breaks at the corners of the box on the back is a quick warning sign.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: boxingcardman

that would tell you for sure.

Sorry; couldn't resist.

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Old 10-16-2008, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob L

Fake, as stated above, the box on the back has broken corners. Quickest way to tell, other than the colorized versions.

Rob L

http://www.freewebs.com/loefflerrd/

Old 10-16-2008, 03:54 PM
Administrator

reply from the seller after I asked him to take it down before someone gets burned:

No one will get burned by us.

As I mentioned in the description of the card, if someone buys it and it comes back a reprint I will refund their money.

There are way too many people in this industry that like PSA & Mastro auctions for example, that force their opinions on you by using their leverage and then WOW....
they are all served with subpoena's at the National Convention for schill bidding and overgrading to line their pockets. Until a card I sell is proven to be a reprint, I will be using my opinion and experience in the industry to describe my cards, not someone else's.

Unfortunately, this card is not on the list that Ebay requires to be authenticated or graded prior to listing.

However, your opinion is appreciated. Also in this collection we bought is a large number of Exhibit cards (the 1947-66 versions). Approximately 1/3 of them have bright white backs as you mention, however you will notice we are not listing them as we believe they are reprints. We are only listing the cards that appear to be authentic. So as you can see we are not attempting to "burn" anyone.

I do appreciate your interest and your opinion from viewing over a web page that this card is a reprint, however I will not be removing this auction.

Old 10-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

When reprints of Fro Joy cards are found, would we say they are from a New Order?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Visit http://www.t206collector.com for Net54 T206 archive, signed deadball card galleries, articles and more!

Old 10-16-2008, 04:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Good lord! Holy 80s, Paul!

Old 10-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: mark

Hello Dan it's been awhile and I hope all is well with you. Do you recall the Fro Joy sheet I sent you to look at several years ago? At the time you were pretty sure it was an original and I was wondering if there is anybody else out there who could look at it today and confirm its authenticity (or not). Not through a scan but hands-on. Take care.

Mark

Old 10-16-2008, 05:54 PM
Administrator

I remember yours well and yes it is real, you can post a scan here so I can show the idiot seller what a real one looks like. Also Leon is well versed in this issue. If I wasn't so cocky, I would put him above myself. Dan.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:55 PM
Administrator

Hi Jeff, I have no clue what your talking about. However, that's not unusual for me

Old 10-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anthony S.

Paul,

The Band "Joy Division" (which sounded like a cool name until you found out where they got it from) became "New Order."

edited to add: Oops, based on your post, I'm guessing you already knew that. Nevermind.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

I saw New Order in concert when I was a freshman in college. The lineup was New Order, Echo and the Bunnymen and Gene Loves Jezebel, and Echo and the Bunnymen was one of my favorite bands.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:24 AM
Administrator

I have never heard of Joy Division or New Order. I'm a fan of non disco 70's music. Also, the Fro Joy listing has been removed.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David R

David,

Good memories from the 80s. I saw that concert around 1987-88 in NYC outdoors on a pier on the West Side. I stuck out like a sore thumb. I had on a white Polo shirt and a pair of Levis; everyone else seemed to be wearing all black and most of the women had black hair and pale white faces. Not really a baseball card crowd.

David R.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

I saw the concert in Chicago. There was a big lightening and thunder storm and the sound was momentarily cut during the Bunnymen's gig.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: mark

Hi again Dan. I have been gone since the 17th so just saw your reply to my Fro Joy query. I will see if I can get a scan posted this weekend but I am afraid that scans don't always tell the whole picture. We'll try it in any event. I also appreciate your confirmation, once again, that I have the real thing. Take care.

Mark

Old 10-24-2008, 11:04 PM
Administrator

The Fro Joy printing process needs to be photoengraved to have any chance to be real. Heres what the ink looks like under magnification. Notice the dark rim.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Alan

I LOVE 80's music !!!