NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-15-2018, 12:48 PM
Greg B.
Greg Bish.op

Default VCP Not Tracking SGC T206 Prices Anymore

I've been using VCP for a few years now and have recently started to notice that a large amount of sold T206's graded by SGC are not being documented on the service. I noticed it early this year when I was trying to find a card I had missed at auction on ebay. Since then I have noticed it on many cards I have consigned and a large amount of cards that were recently on Probstein123 (over 300). In the first email I sent to them about it they asked for examples of items that were missed so that they could look into it and I obliged. Weeks go by, and a couple hundred SGC T206's not listed so in the second email I asked if there was any follow up on the issue and still have not been given a response.

The problem seems to be centered around Probstein123 and some PWCC sales which is most of the monthly activity for these cards. I primarily collect SGC T206 and its really annoying (at best) that there isn't an honest account for past sales. I know the world revolves around PSA for prices but they have their own in house version of the software now and its free, making VCP a little obsolete for some customers. You would think that tracking an extremely active commodity set like T206 would be important to a service like this, but it seems to be lacking the SGC half of the equation these days.

If you care about this please check for some recent SGC T206 sales and see how many are missing for yourself, hopefully I am just missing something? If you feel that this is a problem please also let them know so that hopefully it can be corrected. Thanks,
Greg B.
Old 06-15-2018, 03:27 PM

Greg, VCP has missed many cards I have bought - SGC, PSA, on eBay and from AHs. I have emailed them a few times and they pay lip service about caring but they don’t. I agree they have many more PSA comps than SGC comps for t206s, but I don’t think that is purposeful - I think they run an algorithm and that algorithm is outdated and currently inadequate, bc , again, VCP misses all sorts of stuff (including mislabeling backs and rare back sales comps). It’s still better than most things but it certainly has its issues and those issues are not getting better.

Ryan Hotchkiss
Old 06-15-2018, 05:23 PM
Greg B.
Greg Bish.op

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
Greg, VCP has missed many cards I have bought - SGC, PSA, on eBay and from AHs. I have emailed them a few times and they pay lip service about caring but they don’t. I agree they have many more PSA comps than SGC comps for t206s, but I don’t think that is purposeful - I think they run an algorithm and that algorithm is outdated and currently inadequate, bc , again, VCP misses all sorts of stuff (including mislabeling backs and rare back sales comps). It’s still better than most things but it certainly has its issues and those issues are not getting better.

Ryan Hotchkiss
Thanks for the response, the problem hasn't always been there though. There are certain sellers not getting referenced when at one time they were? Its not just a few random cards here and there, its 100% of their sales.
Old 06-15-2018, 05:55 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneheadandrube View Post
Thanks for the response, the problem hasn't always been there though. There are certain sellers not getting referenced when at one time they were? Its not just a few random cards here and there, its 100% of their sales.
Maybe they are finally realizing that SGC graded cards are no fair value compared to PSA graded....Just wondering?

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 06-15-2018 at 05:56 PM.
Old 06-15-2018, 05:56 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Has anyone received the new flip on their recent graded SGC cards ?
Old 06-15-2018, 06:08 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post

Ryan Hotchkiss
Interesting you saying this Ryan, because they haven't missed cards I've bought.. So wonder whats going on?
Old 06-15-2018, 07:35 PM
Justin

It's missed many cards I've bought (PSA & SGC) over the past few years. I email them about some of them, but it gets tedious so I've kind of given up.

My collection: https://www.instagram.com/collectingbrooklyn/
Old 06-16-2018, 08:43 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

You can message them on this board. They just asked a question on the modern board about which sets from 2000-now to add to their database.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:35 PM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
Maybe they are finally realizing that SGC graded cards are no fair value compared to PSA graded....Just wondering?
No offense but that’s ridiculous considering the purpose of the site is to provide a historical record of sales. Congrats on the usual dig though
Old 06-16-2018, 06:09 PM
Bobby Binder

We have been looking into the reason for missing these auctions and can not come up with anything to pin point the reason. As you know for the past several weeks eBay link system to past auctions is out of whack and not working. We have no way of going back in time and trying to get these missed auctions. We are trying to make it better moving forward. So we just started a new ebay tracking system of what we call the super sellers making Prob and PWCC along with numerous others in this section part of it. This just targets all their listings to capture what they are listing so we are hoping to resolve the issue. We are always updating and changing because of eBay always changing without notice. So we are sorry but we are always trying our best to grab as much as humanly possible. When we do miss by giving us url's or ebay ID's at least gives us some clues as to why we did miss it and we can make some adjustments.

Thank you
Old 06-16-2018, 06:19 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobucsmagic74 View Post
No offense but that’s ridiculous considering the purpose of the site is to provide a historical record of sales. Congrats on the usual dig though
delete, not worth the aggravation....

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 06-16-2018 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:13 PM
Greg B.
Greg Bish.op

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyVCP View Post
We have been looking into the reason for missing these auctions and can not come up with anything to pin point the reason. As you know for the past several weeks eBay link system to past auctions is out of whack and not working. We have no way of going back in time and trying to get these missed auctions. We are trying to make it better moving forward. So we just started a new ebay tracking system of what we call the super sellers making Prob and PWCC along with numerous others in this section part of it. This just targets all their listings to capture what they are listing so we are hoping to resolve the issue. We are always updating and changing because of eBay always changing without notice. So we are sorry but we are always trying our best to grab as much as humanly possible. When we do miss by giving us url's or ebay ID's at least gives us some clues as to why we did miss it and we can make some adjustments.

Thank you
Thank you for Responding Bobby.
GB