NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Administrator

Default More Ebay Shipping Woes

Posted By: J Levine

Last week I bought two 1911 Obaks (fairly cheap--total for both was $13). The problem was I won them a day and half apart and paid via paypal on both before I knew they were from the same seller. I paid $4 shipping on each and figured I would be fine with that if they were both packed well and shipped either in seperate envelopes or as one with ins. etc. since I got a decent price. Envelope showed up on WEdnesday. A small padded envelope with 52 cents postage....no del. conf., no ins., not even a thank you note. I figured with envelope, postage, time and even gas, he spent at most $3...took me for $5. I e-mailed and asked for $4 back just because that is one shipping charge and to be fair, he did say he combined shipping in the auctions. No response for the last few days to either his ebay e-mail or his paypal...so, if anyone knows D. Krabal from Dayton, OH then drop me a note...otherwise he is on my s-it list. BAD customer service.

Joshua Levine

Old 04-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: martin dalziel

I'm with you - drive me nuts too and it is bad customer service.

I won two auctions from the same seller three days apart. After the first auction ended I paid for the first item via Paypal and paid the shipping. Two days later, when i won the other auction, i realized it was the same seller. I emailed and asked them if they would combine shipping and asked for a shipping discount. They responded and said they couldn't because of the delay between the first and second. Fair enough i thought, and my mistake for not noticing that it was the same seller. Given that they were now sending two packages, it would be reasonable to for them to charge shipping twice.

Problem is, they sent one package with both items in it, and merely pocketed the difference. Thats just BS.

Old 04-02-2006, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Andrew Parks

That really stinks. Leave it in their feedback, or use feedback as leverage to get your money back. For me it would not be so much the money as the principle of the action. Teach this seller the idea behind good customer service.

Old 04-02-2006, 02:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

If you got the cards for good prices inclusive of shipping, just chalk it up to the costs of the cards. If you don't care about the cards, you could just tell the seller to forget about it when they refuse to discount the shipping. I've done that a few times.

Old 04-02-2006, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Give the sellers neutral feedback that will catch there attention. That is what the feedback is for. So many people are concerned with there feedback that they do not do the appropriate feedback action.

I also have refused to purchase a group of cards I bought all at once in seperate auctions for a total of $60, he wanted to charge me $12 for all the cards. I told him he could keep the cards and left him negative feedback. I also notifiy the Net54 board, all his cards went really cheap and he also received 2 more negatives (one from a board member who did not heed the warning). Trying to make a few extra dollars cost him at more in the long run.

Lee

Old 04-02-2006, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: bobbie

Problem with feedback these days is sellers wait to see what your going to leave before they leave you good feedback for a fast payment etc. Then when you leave bad feedback they do the same.

Old 04-02-2006, 04:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Don't sweat the retalitory feedback. I've left over a dozen negs in almost 10 years on eBay and have only gotten 2 in return. Besides, if you do get hit with a retaliatory neg, you get to leave a comment so you can mention that fact. Besides, most smart sellers realize that most buyers get negs in retaliation for dinging bad sellers. The only person that really gets hurt by negs is the sellers.

Jay

I like to sit outside, drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home, I would be arrested. So, I go to baseball games and fit right in.

Old 04-03-2006, 10:58 PM
Administrator

Okay...finally got a response today from the seller telling me he would refund one of my shipping charges. I will let you all know if it happens and when it does, I will leave positive feedback on ebay and here...

Joshua

Old 04-03-2006, 11:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brett

I hate it when i pay $4 shipping for insured shipping, and it isn't even insured. just in a bubble wrap envelope. which costs about $1 here, plus maybe $1 for a stamp. so i'm out $2. it doesn;t sound like much, but it adds up after a while when you buy alot of cards from different sellers.

Old 04-04-2006, 05:14 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Keith

I don't mind moderate shipping overcharges, but sometimes they can be incredible. I recently won an inexpensive Phila. Eagles media guide from the late 60's. There was no shipping listed and no shipping calculator in the auction. After the auction, the seller had his own checkout system (he is a very prolific seller), and the choices for shipping were 12.50 for parcel post and 15 for priority mail. This for something that would cost 60 cents to ship 1st class, or 2 bucks to ship media mail. Even if he wanted to only ship priority, there is no way this thing would go above 5 bucks. I emailed the seller 4 times for a media rate shipping quote, and he never responded. Now he just started the non-paying bidder process. I think I'll just take the non-paying bidder strike on this one.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob

What the original poster overlooks. It's funny how the buyers like that Paypal, yet it seems it's only the nickel/dime buyers that gripe about sellers trying to recoup some of those fees, which are higher % on those under $10 items. The "bad Customer service" knock is unfair to the part time hobby seller, which is what you have with the example cited. I don't think the original poster has a valid complaint with an upfront amount stated for shipping as well as paying in 2 transactions.

Ebay does have a policy against overcharging on shipping (albeit rather vague) and a from by which you can report it. However, so long as you can determine what shipping charges are before you bid, shipping should be factored in the price/bid, as well as the convenience of paying via Paypal.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:43 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Richard

I just won a small bottle for $6. Stupidly, I never checked the shipping before bidding. It turns out that the seller is charging $11 for priority mail shipping (which would cost him $4.50 to actually ship) plus a required $1.35 for insurance.

So I get an ebay invoice and the seller has tacked on another $2 for some reason to bring the total shipping for my $6 bottle to $14.35. I email the guy and ask why he is charging me an additional $2 which is not stated in the auction on top of the already gouging $11 and he states that it is packing and handling fees.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Rob,
In response to your comment. I agree that most people overlook fees, etc. I don't. I sell on ebay as well. That is why I am asking for one of the shipping charges back. I do include shipping as part of bids and usually am fine with paying $4 shipping when I get a puffy envelope with a .52 cent stamp. I figure in fees, time, gas, etc. But this time, the seller combined the shipping and double charged me. That is unfair and poor customer service anyway you cut it. Like I said, I only asked for the second shipping charge back because it was fair...I did not ask for $6 back...

Joshua

Old 04-04-2006, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Elliot

Richard, i think you should PayPal him $6 and ask him to go out to the street and smash the bottle.

Old 04-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Kiethh, I'd be dinging the seller for hiding that huge shipping price. That's totally uncalled for and he is a regular seller, his ripping off a lot of people and needs to be exposed.

Jay

I like to sit outside, drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home, I would be arrested. So, I go to baseball games and fit right in.