NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 03-15-2013, 10:58 AM
Perry Lin

Default Mantle Magazine

Good or no good? Taken down by Ebay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mantle1.jpg (78.5 KB, 268 views)
Old 03-15-2013, 10:30 PM
Wayne Walker

Looks good to me man

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all
Old 03-16-2013, 07:23 AM
Steve S.
St.eve S@lem

Agree. It looks good.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:52 AM
Steve Zarelli

In my opinion, a much larger and sharper image is required. It appears a bit deliberate for my taste.... a larger image would be more telling.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:56 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

I agree a much bigger shot would help. I am not in love with a Mantle that has a flow to the m to i. Most mantles M is alone then ickey. larger shot might help. The whole autograph looks so compact.You can also see in the mantle it is one continuous signature. I really do not like it.

Last edited by shelly; 03-16-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:33 PM
Perry Lin

Here is a closer pic. I have a COA from the publisher that states that they did a signing in 1993 for over 600 covers. Problem is, Legends Sports Memorabilia is on the Ebay banned list. I don't know if it is the same outfit or not.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0267_zps82352712.jpg (62.5 KB, 164 views)
Old 03-16-2013, 05:08 PM
Is@ac Le.vin

I wouldn't buy that, I concur with Shelly that most good Mantle signatures have a pen list between the M and ickey
Old 03-17-2013, 07:18 AM
Steve S.
St.eve S@lem

Disagree. I think it looks perfectly fine. I don't take Shelly's opinion lightly, and wouldn't blame you for passing on it a's a result. However, if it's one you already own, I believe it's fine.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:56 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

This fun. Where we look at something and it is not a slam dunk. I see three things that would keep me away and others see nothing wrong with it. That is why this site is so good to be on. We all can learn.
I would not buy it but I can see where someone would with no problems.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:11 PM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
This fun. Where we look at something and it is not a slam dunk. I see three things that would keep me away and others see nothing wrong with it. That is why this site is so good to be on. We all can learn.
I agree with Shelly that is seems unusually compact. Relative letter height is also atypical. Even with the closeup, I don't see any speed or streaking through the Ms.

Formation is very close, but it appears to fail on other indicators in my opinion. From what I can see here, too deliberate and drawn looking.

There is a possibility it's authentic, but it is one I would avoid for my collection. I prefer slam-dunk no-doubters.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
Unless you explain those "three things," Shelly, no one's learnin'.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:07 AM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
Unless you explain those "three things," Shelly, no one's learnin'.
He said it was too compact and he didn't like the continuous flow... No break between M and i and M and a.

That's three things.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:05 PM
Chuck Tapia

I think this falls into a "would I buy this category" for me.

I agree that I also don't like the First "Mi". I don't like the connection and I especially don't like the angle of the "i". for that alone, I wouldn't buy it period. None of my 24 photo's have those qualities.

I also don't like that the top of the "k" does not match up to the top of the "y". About 90% will have this match almost perfectly, on pics at anyway.

The Mantle, I don't see too much I don't like. I don't dislike the "Ma" interaction and all the spacing and angles look "ok" to me. Not great.

So is it authentic? I don't know with 100% certainty, but I most definitely wouldn't buy it.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:02 PM
Is@ac Le.vin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
I think this falls into a "would I buy this category" for me.

I agree that I also don't like the First "Mi". I don't like the connection and I especially don't like the angle of the "i". for that alone, I wouldn't buy it period. None of my 24 photo's have those qualities.

I also don't like that the top of the "k" does not match up to the top of the "y". About 90% will have this match almost perfectly, on pics at anyway.

The Mantle, I don't see too much I don't like. I don't dislike the "Ma" interaction and all the spacing and angles look "ok" to me. Not great.

So is it authentic? I don't know with 100% certainty, but I most definitely wouldn't buy it.

This does not meet Fudd's 10 point criteria
Old 03-18-2013, 07:44 PM
Chuck Tapia

Noooooooope, plus I don't like the thick ink.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 03-18-2013 at 07:45 PM.