NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 03-06-2015, 12:13 PM
Richard Simon

Default What is wrong with this picture?

http://myccsa.com/lot/269/babe-ruth-...-baseball.aspx

PSA certed this??? I find that hard to believe but,,,,
Has anyone ever seen a PSA cert that looks like this?
I know it says pre-cert but the item is carefully described in the body of the cert.
This one reeks.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 03-06-2015 at 12:13 PM.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:40 PM
Brad Pencil

Oh I didn't even notice that, I thought you meant since they were signed in Sharpie it looks like.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:41 PM
$teve O.

It looks like it was signed yesterday.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:51 PM
Paulanthony

Cert is a Forgery.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:54 PM
Kevin O'Gara

it just goes to show that CCA knows there a lot of dumb people out there
Old 03-06-2015, 02:05 PM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

Who in the world is Andrew Bradley?
Old 03-06-2015, 03:03 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

There is no such thing as a PSA/DNA Pre-Certified LOA. The Pre-Certification was introduced as a paperless replacement of the old auction LOAs.

Dr. Frankenstein would be embarrassed by the shoddy workmanship on that letter.

Last edited by drcy; 03-06-2015 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-06-2015, 03:10 PM
Bernie

As I look closely at the picture I notice that the photo of the ball on the PSA pre cert overlay has curved lines, whereas the paper itself is straight. The flaring between the ball and the PSA pre cert (with the ball overlay over the letters) suggest that someone is skilled on Photoshop or equivalent app.

Advantage of a pre-cert is that there is no sticker/no cert number to verify online. I have also noticed a lot of pre-certs on other AHs.
Old 03-06-2015, 03:17 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klrdds View Post
Who in the world is Andrew Bradley?
RIP Andrew Bradley, he was a forensic authenticator, on a par with other well known forensic authenticators.
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 03-06-2015, 05:13 PM
Michael I.

Wow! Does PSA have any legal options to stop auctions like this? Isn't this somehow criminal?
Old 03-06-2015, 05:24 PM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
RIP Andrew Bradley, he was a forensic authenticator, on a par with other well known forensic authenticators.
I assume he was as reliable as those other well known forensic authenticators, am I correct?
Old 03-06-2015, 05:59 PM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Quote:
I assume he was as reliable as those other well known forensic authenticators, am I correct?
He validated the piece of crap in the OP. So I'm going to go out on a limb and say...

...yep.

Tom C
Old 03-06-2015, 06:17 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7imel View Post
Wow! Does PSA have any legal options to stop auctions like this? Isn't this somehow criminal?
Things like this have happened before and sorry to say PSA does not care,,, sounds wrong but they do not care.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 03-06-2015 at 06:17 PM.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:46 PM
Bernie

Default Fwiw

I had seen a similar PSA logo recently on an RR auction. D not know much about it, but a google search is less than flattering. Anyhow, they use a similar logo, so, again, a good photoshop artist can do the job

http://www.rrauction.com/bidtracker_detail.cfm?IN=931

If anyone looks at it, pl provide opinions on the Gehrig sig. I doubt I will bid it (too many negative comments) but, as long as one vistis the site
Old 03-06-2015, 09:33 PM
Michael I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
I had seen a similar PSA logo recently on an RR auction. D not know much about it, but a google search is less than flattering. Anyhow, they use a similar logo, so, again, a good photoshop artist can do the job

http://www.rrauction.com/bidtracker_detail.cfm?IN=931

If anyone looks at it, pl provide opinions on the Gehrig sig. I doubt I will bid it (too many negative comments) but, as long as one vistis the site
What is wrong with you? Are you saying all the stuff you say just to piss us off? The stuff you claim you know has to be real (because of math science) is crap, and then the next time we hear from you the stuff at a legit auction house you are all the sudden going to stay away from because you know better than the staff at PSA. I encourage you to spend as much on autographs as you can to the point you cant afford internet service anymore!

Last edited by w7imel; 03-06-2015 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:38 PM
Bernie

W7
Old 03-06-2015, 09:46 PM
Bernie

W7imel
Your home village must be missing their idiot
I saw the psa pre cert logo match elsewhere. I did a search on google and found issues with the AH. I post a link to it and you choose to go ballistic. My no bid referred to the AH, not psa, but I feel I waste my time paraphrasing to you.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:59 PM
Michael I.

Quote:
W7imel
I saw the psa pre cert logo match elsewhere. I did a search on google and found issues with the AH. I post a link to it and you choose to go ballistic. My no bid referred to the AH, not psa, but I feel I waste my time paraphrasing to you.
Yeah my home village is missing its idiot and they are going to pay me a reward because I have found him. He goes by pickles! Where have you been they have been looking everywhere for you! I must get you home immediately!

Last edited by w7imel; 03-06-2015 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:41 AM
Dennis Winters

Default Watch out for other items in this auction as well

http://myccsa.com/lot/269/25-1-troy-...gold-bars.aspx

The Ruth ball is horrible...also noted the 25 one ounce gold bars in this auction....100 mills means gold plated. I feel sorry for anyone believing these items are the real deal. I do imagine the person or persons running this auction are wealthy by now.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:03 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwinters View Post

The Ruth ball is horrible...also noted the 25 one ounce gold bars in this auction....100 mills means gold plated. I feel sorry for anyone believing these items are the real deal. I do imagine the person or persons running this auction are wealthy by now.
Roach's Corner is simply an amazing, albeit dark and slimy, corner of the interwebs. The fact that these asshats aren't behind bars and can continue this crap month after month is beyond my capability to maintain rational thought. Yet there they are. The audacity is breathtaking. Such complete "in your face" forgeries and deception yet nothing is done about it. It's like a group of bank robbers putting on a circus outside the bank then going in and robbing the place and nobody does anything. It just absolutely flummoxes me.

Tom C

Last edited by btcarfagno; 03-07-2015 at 09:04 AM.
Old 03-07-2015, 11:10 AM
Barry Sloate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwinters View Post

Nobody sells gold for less than it is worth, it's a commodity. It's like selling hundred dollar bills for ten bucks each. Gold always sells within a point or two of its intrinsic value. There are no bargains buying gold. This lot is pure idiocy (among all the others).

Last edited by barrysloate; 03-07-2015 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:36 PM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
This lot is pure idiocy (among all the others).
But in truth aren't all the lots from CCSA , and even bidding on any lot from CCSA pure idiocy?
Old 03-08-2015, 09:31 AM
Shale Levine

Quote:
W7imel
"Hey, be nice this is my dog "PICKLES" and she is no idiot, in fact I consult with her on all my autographs though she is rarely right!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICKLES.jpg (44.0 KB, 123 views)
Old 03-08-2015, 09:57 AM
Michael I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyman55 View Post
"Hey, be nice this is my dog "PICKLES" and she is no idiot, in fact I consult with her on all my autographs though she is rarely right!
Now thats funny stuff!
Old 03-08-2015, 11:57 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyman55 View Post
That just tells me you need to get a cat. Cats are always right. Even when they aren't. At least they sure act like they are.

Tom C
Old 03-08-2015, 12:48 PM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

I love looking through Coaches Corner auctions for the hilarity factor. So much "amazing" stuff in the current auction

Christy Mathewson signed baseball; Candy Cummings cut signature; Joe Jackson cut signature; "Sliding" Billy Hamilton autographed baseball; multiple Josh Gibson signed baseballs; Rube Foster autopgraphed baseball; Sam Thompson autographed baseball; multiple Martin DiHigo autographed baseballs; George Wright autographed baseball; Ed Walsh autographed baseball; Joe Jackson autographed baseball; Amos Rusie autographed baseball; Oscar Charleston autographed baeball; Joe DiMaggio and Marilyn Monroe autographed baseball; Wee Willie Keeler autographed baeball; Hack Wilson autographed baseball; George Washington cut signature; Ed Delahanty cut signature; John Montgomery Ward cut signature; John Clarkson cut signature.
Old 03-08-2015, 02:45 PM
Michael I.

The ball Richard posted is at 2100 dollars. auction still has 2 weeks to go. Someone is getting screwed.!!!!
Old 03-08-2015, 02:51 PM
Michael I.

But look at this one....only at 55 dollars right now!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg joe.jpg (67.3 KB, 89 views)
Old 03-08-2015, 03:53 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by btcarfagno View Post
That just tells me you need to get a cat. Cats are always right. Even when they aren't. At least they sure act like they are.

Tom C
Tom,
You are oh so right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7-7-10-13 Shea, Fogerty, osprey nest 005.jpg (59.1 KB, 88 views)
--
Old 03-08-2015, 04:30 PM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

The $55.00 dollar bid for the Joe Jackson baseball is quite a bargain compared to the photo from HA a few weeks ago by about $179,500 dollars. Both are worth about the same money .....namely nothing.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:09 PM
Michael I.

Quote:
The $55.00 dollar bid for the Joe Jackson baseball is quite a bargain compared to the photo from HA a few weeks ago by about $179,500 dollars. Both are worth about the same money .....namely nothing.
Followed that one as well. I really want that one as well as the mathewson to be real but in the end I feel no way would someone have 2 perfect autographs like that stored in a barn and remain that quality. I would like to think PSA put in all the nessecary research before signing off on these as good. Thats the problem, without having actually witnessed the signings we will never fully know.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:38 PM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7imel View Post
Followed that one as well. I really want that one as well as the mathewson to be real but in the end I feel no way would someone have 2 perfect autographs like that stored in a barn and remain that quality. I would like to think PSA put in all the nessecary research before signing off on these as good. Thats the problem, without having actually witnessed the signings we will never fully know.
I believe that those 2 photos you mentioned are perfect examples of the many flaws that gave been discussed on this forum dealing with any TPA, especially PSA in this case. I think these TPAs get hung up too many times on the " rarity, uniqueness, and value" concept and miss all other clues staring them in the face.
However , this theory gets blown out of the water by CCA and their blatant forgeries.