NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Barry Sloate

Default OT: 9 Year Old Girl Killed in Tucson was Dallas Green's Granddaughter

From the news that is coming out of the tragic shooting in Tucson yesterday, the nine year old girl killed by the gunman is Dallas Green's granddaughter. It's a terrible story in any context, but now it has sadly touched our baseball community. What a waste of a young life.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Dave M

What a small and scary world we live in sometimes. Thoughts go out to the victims and their families in this terrible event.

I remember a story I heard on the radio years back about Dallas Green's family. The day the Phillies won the World Series in 1980 a couple fans who were out late celebrating the franchise's first W.S. decided to look in the phonebook for Dallas Green's number and leave a message thanking him. It was in the wee hours of the morning when the fans called and immediately a woman picked up and said "Green residence, home of the 1980 World Champion Phillies!"

I thought that was so awesome, you'd be hard pressed to hear a similar story nowadays.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Jerry Tate

Default horrible

I hope some day we can get back to disagreeing with people politically without using hunting metaphors.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Christina Green, the 9 year old girl, had been born on Sept 11, 2001.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Dan Lundrigan

This is just awful my deepest sympathies to that little girls family and to all the victims of this senseless act. I can`t even imagine the pain the families of these victims are going through right now.

I wish terrorists (or in this case a coward!) like this when they decide to go on a mass killing spree would start with themselves first!!!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:14 PM

this is so sad that these people had to lose ther lives over something so stupid and this the reason why people have guns to protect them selves from people like this nutball. god will take these people into his arms and we will see these people one day in heaven. everyone please pray for the familys and all affected by this tragidy and know they are in a better place and one day they will be reunited with there love ones.god bless
Old 01-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Barry Arnold

Default granddaughter

an incredible tragedy.
my prayers go out to the families of those whose loved ones are deceased or wounded or stricken with the grief and fear in the aftermath.
barry