NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-24-2012, 08:55 PM
Aaron Abram

Default New member & Carolina brights t206 lot

Hello to all. I am a new member to net54 but have been following you all for a few months now. I started collecting T cards back in February when I bought some baseball cards for my 7 year old son for Valentines Day when momma said no more candy. He fell I'm love with the hobby therefore I regained my passion for it also. I have always been fascinated with tobacco cards and thought if I could ever afford them I would start my own collection.

I have bought a couple hundred T206 cards the last few months but my crown jewel is a D304 Ty Cobb. I do have a question for the group. I recently had PSA grade 12 Carolina Bright cards. They are as follows:

Jean Dubuc graded 3
Jap Barbeau 3
Hal Chase throwing dark cap 4
Fred Burchell 3
Billy Nattress 3
Bill Clymer 3.5
Paul Davidson 2
Bill Abstein 4
Deacon Phillippe 2
Red Murray 1.5
Billy Campbell 1
Tom Downey 2

My question is this. I am looking to sell most of these. What venue do you recommend to sell these?

Thanks for your help.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:57 PM

The B/S/T is a great place to sell. There are some wonderful members and you avoid a lot of fees. You also get to know who the card is going to.
Schlei (Catching) Back run: 10/12 (minus blank back)

Actively collecting t206 Hall of Famers, Southern Leaguers, and Various backs in good to excellent condition. Love talking cards too.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:55 PM
Alan U

IMHO, to get the best prices, consign them to an auction house, they should waive any seller fees.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:21 PM
Jake

Those are some nice cards.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:30 AM
T0dd M@rcum

Fastest sale: BST...half would be snapped up almost immediately at a reasonable price for you...you avoid fees associated with ebay

Most profit: Probably auction house, but it will take month for you to actually get the proceeds in hand

Of course you could also go ebay or direct sale, but I would do one of the two above depending on my situation.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:47 AM
Banned

With the continued high prices that T206 back collectors are paying, you almost certainly will leave money on the table by setting prices on the B/S/T. Not to mention you'll have the pleasure of dealing with lowball offers, unanswered emails, one-sided trade proposals, slow-paying buyers, etc.

I suggest consigning to an auction house. If getting the money quickly is a concern, Sterling Auctions runs monthly auctions, and they continue to realize strong prices on T206s.

Last edited by Rob D.; 10-25-2012 at 06:48 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:05 AM
Scott Mt. Joy

Hi welcome to the boards.

I agree with others - I suggest consigning to an auction house to get the most for your cards.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:16 AM
T0dd M@rcum

If time is not an issue, i would stagger them one or two at a time across a number of auction houses...I would think that would maximize competition...there are a lot of people (me include) who just want a Carolina Brights back..once I get one, will be done. It would make more sense to have us all competing for one or two at a time than allowing us to spread our bids out...at least in my opinion.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:46 PM
Aaron Abram

Thanks for all the replies and private emails I have received. I apologize for not getting back to most of you who sent me private messages as my inbox was overflowing as I am vacationing this weekend. I am going to be selling most of the Carolina Brights over the next couple months probably in multiple venues. To give myself a better idea of what the true market value is I am going to be listing starting this week a couple of them on eBay. I will also be adding the pictures of them and my D304 Cobb later this week. Thanks again for all of your help and if you have messaged me I will reply in the next few days.

Tags
carolina brights, lot, t206