NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 04-21-2016, 12:28 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

I been looking thru phots and trying to decide..but I think I gotta stick with the 'Mick'
so I ran across this unique photo.
Could it be used??? Thus making it a colored version. or would it be best to go with one with a stadium-ish background?

1951 Mickey Mantle Signed Original "Look Magazine" Photograph, PSA/DNA Type 1....
Ping Bodie, Sam Rice

Last edited by pawpawdiv9; 04-21-2016 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:41 PM
Steven H.

My wife has been so busy with her residency program I think I might give her the painting. We are both are collectors, but she is only current sports/athletes.

How much grieve would everyone give me to have this painted instead of my Meusel photo?

Pre-1950 Cuban Cards: Focus on Billiken, Macionales, & Aguilitas
Old 04-21-2016, 05:01 PM
Bill Boyd

Countdown is now at 2

One is still in mail and I have in contact with the other................soon
Old 04-21-2016, 08:21 PM
Bill Boyd

one to go

The one is in the mail and should show tomorrow.

Once we have all payments, we will start a new thread. A copy of how the winner is picked will be in that thread along with the ball games picked by Graig. Any further questions and comments, photos and just plain conversation, can be entered into that thread. the winning numbers will also be placed on the first page of that thread.
Again, a special thanks to Graig, for allowing us to all to dream, and for one of those dreams to come to reality. And to Leon, for allowing us to use the best damn sports web site in the business.

This crazy half dream I had, while laying in bed, and thinking that this could work, then approaching Lance who enthusiastically convinced me to approach Graig with this idea, I had no idea that here we are, about to complete a third raffle. I still feel as excited as the first one, and I am looking forward to the final results again.

So I am going to speak on behalf of Lance, Graig and myself, when we say, and honestly mean it when we say....................THE VERY BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL

Last edited by billyb; 04-21-2016 at 08:45 PM.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:20 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shernan30 View Post
My wife has been so busy with her residency program I think I might give her the painting. We are both are collectors, but she is only current sports/athletes.

How much grieve would everyone give me to have this painted instead of my Meusel photo?

I don't think it would grieve anyone, but I do think creating a painting from a B+W photo creates a much more dramatic effect. To me it brings it to life. Ultimately it's between the winner and Graig to decide what gets painted. Those that don't win just like to watch the process unfold and dream of winning the next one.

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 04-22-2016, 05:26 AM
Steven H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
I don't think it would grieve anyone, but I do think creating a painting from a B+W photo creates a much more dramatic effect. To me it brings it to life. Ultimately it's between the winner and Graig to decide what gets painted. Those that don't win just like to watch the process unfold and dream of winning the next one.
After looking at Graig's other paintings, you are absolutely correct. Bringing some of these old photos to life is the reason I entered the raffle. I can't wait to see who wins and what they pick.
Old 04-22-2016, 07:30 AM

I might've missed it, but does a portion of the proceeds go to a charity? Just curious.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:20 AM
Bill Boyd

MVSNYC,
No it does not. All the money goes toward the art consignment fees. Not a nickel goes anywhere else.
billyb
Old 04-22-2016, 02:01 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Bill deserves a round of applause for putting this together and giving us all a chance to own a Kreindler masterpiece.

Thank You Bill.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard

Last edited by Buythatcard; 04-22-2016 at 02:44 PM.
Old 04-22-2016, 02:14 PM
Steven H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
Bill deserves a round of applause for putting this together and giving us all a chance to own a Kreindler masterpiece.

Thanks You Bill.

+1
Old 04-22-2016, 02:28 PM
Chris Wood

Quote:

Thanks You Bill.
Absolutely! Thanks Bill!
Old 04-22-2016, 02:46 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Quote:

Thank You Bill.
+200000000.
Awesome job Bill

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 04-22-2016, 03:01 PM
Jeremy W.

I agree. No small task here. Thanks Bill.
Old 04-22-2016, 04:23 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:

Thank You Bill.
Couldn't agree more!

Thank you, Bill.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:08 PM
Bill Boyd

Wow, Thanks all.

I just want to let everyone know, we are still at one, and will have to wait till tomorrow. Unfortunately, Graig is one of the last on the mail route. So it won't be known till mid afternoon at the earliest time.

Be patient, I am sure that it is in the mail, the sender has been in touch with me and assures it was sent early in the week. He has been sending me PMs in anticipation himself.

billyb

Last edited by billyb; 04-23-2016 at 08:29 AM.
Old 04-22-2016, 07:24 PM
Ruben

Thank you for your time and dedication Bill
Old 04-23-2016, 09:04 AM
Bill Boyd

Again, I just want to let everyone know, we are waiting for one more payment, which should be coming in the mail today, unfortunately, Graig's mail does not arrive until about 3 to 4 pm.
Once we get that last payment, we will announce the date and game that will be used to determine our winner. So we hope by 4:30 PM, to have that new thread posted.
Old 04-23-2016, 12:00 PM
Adam B

Many thanks for your efforts in putting this together Bill. If I win I promise to give Stormin Norman and Probie some consideration!
Old 04-23-2016, 12:11 PM
Bill Boyd

Tigerden,

LOL, thanks for the thoughts. Probie on oil instead of ice. Sounds good.
Old 04-23-2016, 12:21 PM
Bill Boyd

Hi All,
Another small delay, which is our fault. Graig has a prior commitment for today, and will be away until tomorrow. So he will not get the chance to check his mail until tomorrow.
We will announce the game tomorrow, one way or the other. We are looking at Wednesday, but do not hold me to that day just yet. We do want to announce which game, several days before game day, so that would leave Monday and probably Tuesday out.
Again, I apologize for this delay, but whats another day or two among friends.................Oh Oh, I feel the tomatoes being thrown already.

Bill
Old 04-23-2016, 08:28 PM
Bill Boyd

GOOD NEWS.

Because the last payment was done by certified check, the sender tracing his check, states it has now arrived, and should be in Graig mailbox as we speak.
We will confirm that in the morning, so we WILL proceed then, when Graig gets back home. CORRECTION ON MORNING CONFIRMATION. GRAIG WILL BE BACK HOME IN AFTERNOON, WE WILL PROCEED THEN.

As of now, that could put Tuesday back on the table as the possible day of the game. This is all Graig's decision. Lance and myself have entries into this raffle as well, and that is why the decision is all Graigs.

TOMORROW FOR SURE, THE GAME WILL BE ANNOUNCED.

Last edited by billyb; 04-24-2016 at 09:23 AM.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:36 AM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Thanks for doing this, cant say it enough that this is a great chance to get a shot to bring an photo back to life. I still have not decided on what-if my number is chosen. Lots of great choices to pick from. Of course I like to go Mick, but feeling the Cobb vibe.
Ping Bodie, Sam Rice
Old 04-24-2016, 10:48 AM
Bill Boyd

Just want to let everyone know, I am in communication with Graig now, and he is deciding which game to use, should be posted very soon.

GAMES HAVE BEEN SELECTED TO DETERMINE THE WINNER. SEE THE NEW THREAD FOR ANY INFORMATION. GAMES WILL BE ON WEDNESDAY, APRIL 27.

billyb

Last edited by billyb; 04-24-2016 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-24-2016, 11:06 AM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 View Post
Thanks for doing this, cant say it enough that this is a great chance to get a shot to bring an photo back to life. I still have not decided on what-if my number is chosen. Lots of great choices to pick from. Of course I like to go Mick, but feeling the Cobb vibe.
I great Cobb would be fantastic. If I win, I am thinking Kirby or Maris. If I don't win, all this Kreindler talk is talking me into possibly adding another regardless. Graigy's work is second to non.

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 04-25-2016, 08:51 AM
Mike Navarro

Hopefully a nice painting of this is in my future.