NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 04-20-2014, 12:01 PM
Kevin R

Default Mickey mantle autograph opinions

Thanks in advance for your opinions.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:10 PM
Dave Millhouse
Banned

Very nice and authentic Mantle autograph.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:44 PM
Jos.eph Dw.ek

Authentic
Old 04-20-2014, 12:50 PM
Jos.eph Dw.ek

Your 500 HR Ron Lewis print was fake. eBay item #171224280416.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:05 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by joed25 View Post
Your 500 HR Ron Lewis print was fake. eBay item #171224280416.
If that's the OP's Ebay ID, those are forgeries.

nj-3.jpg

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 04-20-2014 at 01:28 PM.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:05 PM
Kevin R

First off, thanks for your opinions on the Mantle, as soon as I seen it I purchased the mantle ball was just double checking before I take it to JSA to get a cert this weekend...

As far as the other responses in this thread...

That would be while we never sold that (Ron Lewis) listing you mentioned.

Well we did but I bought it from myself using my other ID since eBay would not let me cancel the listing. One of my employees listed it without consulting me since it did come with a COA.

I didn't notice until there were 8 hours left. Idda spotted that it was fake pretty quick being that the signatures were printed through the words.

Unfortunately when your as busy as I can get at times I cannot always review every item before an employee posts it but the point is we never sold that piece.

buyerz_paradise is our old ebay ID. We switched when we re-branded the company.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:18 PM
Kevin R

Just to make sure my reputation is not in question here or anyone else here is proof of the above statement.

Old 04-20-2014, 02:49 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

[QUOTE=CollectiblesNJ;1267343]Just to make sure my reputation is not in question here or anyone else here is proof of the above statement.

What I find amazing is that you come on here to ask peoples opinion. Then they give you one and you say your going to send it have authenticated. Then you question people that know that five hundred hr poster was a piece of garbage and you then doubt what they say. Why come on the site and ask if you dont trust what you read.
If anyone helps you again they are out of there minds.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:08 PM
Christopher Williams

I have no problem helping true collectors with an autograph question, but I do have issues with members who only come here asking for opinions so that they can sell that item.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:08 PM
Kevin R

[QUOTE=shelly;1267347]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollectiblesNJ View Post
Just to make sure my reputation is not in question here or anyone else here is proof of the above statement.

What I find amazing is that you come on here to ask peoples opinion. Then they give you one and you say your going to send it have authenticated. Then you question people that know that five hundred hr poster was a piece of garbage and you then doubt what they say. Why come on the site and ask if you dont trust what you read.
If anyone helps you again they are out of there minds.
Please REREAD my posts, you seem to have misunderstood something

I never said I disagreed with anyone's opinions about the 500 HR Poster. I said I agreed with them and therefore did not sell the item.

Shelly, I trust the opinions here MORE than JSA.

But buyers on ebay pay a lot more for a PSA or JSA Authenticated item.

I like to make sure I like the autograph and that readers here like the autograph before I put down even more money having a ball authenticated so it it ready for sale.

Do not forget I am a dealer, and I plunk down considerable upfront money for RAW merchandise. I mean I think its wise to check it myself, have it checked here than submit it so it can get top dollar from collectors that have never heard of forums : )
Old 04-20-2014, 03:13 PM
Kevin R

@truthisoutthere

I never claimed to be a collector. While I have a small personal collection of sports, movies and entertainment autographs that is not the point.

I have links to my webpage/retail store in my signature. I am a re-seller plain and simple.

I acquire large collections from the public and have had many one of a kind items that I am sure would never have been on the market if not for my efforts. I screen items here and on other similar forums to PROTECT the market. Why would you have a problem with that?

We are all part of the same (collecting) organism you know.

I come here so I do not accidentally sell forgeries, so what is wrong with helping me to not bring items into the market that are not authentic?

Last edited by CollectiblesNJ; 04-20-2014 at 03:19 PM.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:37 PM
Dave Millhouse
Banned

I have no problem with you or anyone coming on here for opinions. It's just a sucky fact that most people want a TPA letter regardless of the authenticity.

Come one....come all.....to the greatest show on earth.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:16 PM
Mike Kaminski

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
I have no problem with you or anyone coming on here for opinions. It's just a sucky fact that most people want a TPA letter regardless of the authenticity.

Come one....come all.....to the greatest show on earth.
He does have a valid point that, for the most part, authenticated items bring more on eBay.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:42 PM
Steve Zarelli

If a seller is trying to do the right thing and seeking educated opinions to ensure he is offering authentic product, personally I would commend him and not drive him away.

And the reality is "the guys at Net54 said it was good" probably won't carry as much weight with the general public on ebay as a PSA or JSA LOA.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:02 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

I was talking about could someone back up what they said about the poster. If I did not understand what you ment I apoligize.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:35 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
If a seller is trying to do the right thing and seeking educated opinions to ensure he is offering authentic product, personally I would commend him and not drive him away.

And the reality is "the guys at Net54 said it was good" probably won't carry as much weight with the general public on ebay as a PSA or JSA LOA.
Actually, I have done quite well with using our board a few times for the few autographs in my B & L auctions. I am sure I am a special (head) case though. But generally folks want a PSA or JSA letter....like it or not.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:58 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

I agree with everyone that a coa from the Jsa and Psa will bring more money.
So when you post an item for our opinion start by saying I am thinking of sending this in to be authenticated. It would then tell people why you want the opinion.