NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-11-2023, 03:06 PM
Bucc915

Default T206 New Collector - Inheritance

I recently inherited a completely unknown stash of t206s, roughly 400 in all. 15-20 duplicates, but the rest were all different. Included a Magie, Demmitt St. Louis, O’Hara St. Louis, a few Youngs, Mathewson black cap, and some other good ones. My first question is - if anyone is in need of certain ones, please email. I want to keep most, but would be willing to help other collectors as I feel very grateful for this blind luck. A few rare backs, but nothing crazy. No Hindus, Tolstois, 42s, etc.

Second, I did basic research on the Gus Dorner ‘Dopner’, and I guess the graders don’t recognize this one yet. I have one - what is recommended?

Looking forward to this journey with fellow collectors.
Old 08-11-2023, 03:09 PM
Rhett Yeakley

Congrats! That sounds like an amazing collection!

Would love to see the collection and how it was stored all these years. Not sure why seeing vintage collections in their “as found” state fascinates me but it does.

You have quite the jumpstart to an amazing T206 run!

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562
Old 08-12-2023, 07:52 AM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Love to see pics?
Wonder if these are graded or they in 'raw' form?
Sure would love a more in-depth story, always intrigues me about the person who collected them
or they just threw them in a old cigar box and forgot them.

Last edited by pawpawdiv9; 08-12-2023 at 07:54 AM.
Old 08-12-2023, 09:00 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucc915 View Post
I recently inherited a completely unknown stash of t206s, roughly 400 in all. 15-20 duplicates, but the rest were all different. Included a Magie, Demmitt St. Louis, O’Hara St. Louis, a few Youngs, Mathewson black cap, and some other good ones. My first question is - if anyone is in need of certain ones, please email. I want to keep most, but would be willing to help other collectors as I feel very grateful for this blind luck. A few rare backs, but nothing crazy. No Hindus, Tolstois, 42s, etc.

Second, I did basic research on the Gus Dorner ‘Dopner’, and I guess the graders don’t recognize this one yet. I have one - what is recommended?

Hey M
Thanks for the semi lengthy chat on the phone. It's so awesome when these things happen. I wish you all the best and hope you become a collector too!

You mentioned T206 Youngs...Maybe, one is a Portrait like this one!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cyb.jpg (201.0 KB, 657 views)
Old 08-13-2023, 11:26 AM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucc915 View Post

Congrats on the newly found wealth, but sorry for your loss of the original T206 owner. In your current situation, this is the right place to be. I can say that most of the big collectors of this set, are members here. Also, many of the auction houses are members too, if you decide to sell everything, or looking to sell some singles to other members, to avoid sellers fees from eBay and other sites, you are surrounded by many knowledgeable T206 collectors, me being one of many. Feel free to private message me, if you have any questions or just need advice on a sale.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11

Old 08-14-2023, 07:12 PM
Jim Parker

Congrats! You will find many knowledgeable and friendly folks on this board to help you. Enjoy!

And if any of the rarities are for sale let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2023, 07:17 PM
Carl0s Ay.ala

You've have given a gift, play it smart and slow. Follow your heart, if you need $$
sell some but NOT all. Help those who you believe are collectors.

Be Well

Carlos - Southern Califronia
Old 08-14-2023, 07:39 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

I'm going to take a different tack. Put all of the cards in a 3 for $5 bargain bin and give me the first exclusive look-see. That's a win win!!!

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 08-15-2023, 12:49 PM
CJ

Sorry about the loss in your circle.

But please, post some photos! I think we'd all love to see what's been tucked away for decades.

Tags
t206