NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-04-2007, 07:14 PM
Administrator

Default 1933 Goudey is it trimmed? I think it may be

Posted By: Damian Anderson

I won this card on ebay and the seller has good feedback and guaranteed it was original and unaltered so I bid accordingly with little time left. After looking at the scan I am suspect of trimming and I have my specific reasons. Please take a look and comment. I want to see if my worries are consistent with you all's opinions. Thanks in advance.

Damian

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=005&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=150085470355&rd=1&rd=1

Old 02-04-2007, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott L

gets smaller as you move left to right.

Old 02-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

Although the corners look so razor sharp, the card does seem to have the right amount of border for a 33G. The bottom right seems more narrow than the bottom left border but the opposite is true for the top so it could just be an odd cut. It's tough to tell by looking at the scan. The card looks nice.

The bottom line is that the seller put this in the item description:

CARD IS GUARANTEED AUTHENIC AND UNALTERED AND HAS A MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!!!!!

That's good enough for me to bid on a card from a near 2000 positive 99.9% feed back rated seller.

Old 02-04-2007, 08:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

The seller is from Arkansas, not Ohio so its probably good
Seriously if you look at the SGC 60 of this card on ebay it looks very similar border wise so I'd say it was ok, especially considering his 99.9% rating and very large feedback.

Old 02-04-2007, 10:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: cmoking

I am not good at looking for trimmed cards, even with a card in hand, and it is even tougher (for anyone I think, not just me) to tell from a scan on the internet.

I think your bid should be based on your confidence of the seller. I don't know the seller, but the feedback looks good. However, I have known some really high feedback sellers who don't really deserve it. So who really knows?

If you are comfortable assessing trimjobs by yourself, then you should be comfortable or uncomfortable the second you get it. But if you are not, my suggestion would be to quickly get it graded (assuming you want it graded) so you can get a refund if SGC or PSA thinks it is trimmed. If you wait too long, the seller may reject giving your money back due to the length of time. Unfortunately, that would mean paying a higher grading price (for the quicker turnaround) for a common.

Good luck!

Old 02-05-2007, 02:59 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Damian Anderson

I appreciate the opinions, I am on the fence with this one. In the scan I see some waving in a couple of the borders and the bottom right corner seems to swoop out a little as you move left to right as pointed out, but sometimes cards scan this way. The borders do look correct to me as noted as well. I think I will carefully compose a polite e-mail prior to paying and see what seller says. Thanks again.

Damian

Old 02-05-2007, 04:24 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

It looks okay, but when you buy a raw card graded NR MT/MT you do assume a definite risk.

Old 02-05-2007, 07:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave

That card looks a little funny on the top and bottom borders. If the seller guarantees it though, that is good enough for me. I'd bid on it.

I see Bob recognizes that Ohio is still a hotbed for the "Card doctors", sheisters. Unfortunatey a few highly publicized incicents in the 90's gave Ohio a bad name in the card collecting world.....too bad. There are a lot of honest dealers in Ohio...I just haven't found many of them yet ! LOL