NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-02-2010, 07:23 AM
Paul

Default Nothing like a stack of raw tobacco cards

Don't get me wrong, all my best cards are slabbed. And I think as a general rule that if you crack a card out of a slab in order to return it to its raw state that you are literally giving money away (sell the slabbed card, buy the raw one and keep the difference in your pocket).

But I am putting together an all (mostly) raw, condition insensitive, T206 set and last night I got a huge boost -- a lot of over 175 raw T206 cards to add to my previous stack of 100+ raw T206 cards. (Thanks to Chris from Net54!) And I have to tell you, there really is nothing like sorting through a stack of raw T206 cards -- just as they were collected by kids 100 years ago. And when they're already condition-challenged, there are no worries about nicks and bends and such. So you can really have fun with them!

Anyway, half the reason I bought this large group is because of how much fun I knew it would be to sort them.

From Misc. Pre-War

From Misc. Pre-War

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206

Last edited by T206Collector; 03-02-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:09 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default absolutely

Paul,
I agree. There is no substitute for thumbing through stacks of raw vintage cards. As I always say "there is nothing like the smell of old cardboard in the morning!!".....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPXVGQnJm0w

Old 03-02-2010, 09:23 AM

I agree!!! I had a stack of right around 100 T206's that I sold a few months ago in smaller lots, and I loved going though them more than anything.

They were also on the challenged side of the curve, so it didn't bother me if a little piece of border fell off from time to time.

I remember when I was 12 or so, my dad took to see the collection of a guy that he worked with. He had a room stuffed with 50's sets and thousands and thousands of cards just laying around. No binders, no boxes, nothing. The sets went on skinny shelves with bookends holding them together, or just stacks on the hardwood floors. That room smelled great!

I was a little sad that he would not sell or trade a single card, but as I have gotten older, I understand how it works now.

Thanks,
Bob
Old 03-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Jim D

seen this stack on craigslist in LA for sale, not sure if they are legit or not...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb...623598196.html
Old 03-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Frank Wakefield

Last edited by FrankWakefield; 03-20-2010 at 07:46 AM.