NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Boxing / Wrestling Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2018, 02:28 PM
David Peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Never been a big fan of pro wrestling other then a novelty to me here and there, but I remember Brock making a big impression on me when I just happened to stumble upon one of his earliest TV appearances back in the day.

This big hulking dude, who nobody really knew who he was yet, walked up to the ring during his entrance and did a straight up vertical jump from the floor to the elevated canvas, before he went in and manhandled whatever sacrificial lamb they threw in there with him. I had never seen anyone do that before, let alone a guy as big as him. I'm about 170 lbs and I can barely get 6 inches off the ground.

Steroids or not it was fun to watch, the same way it was fun to watch Barry Bonds hit a baseball from 2001 to 2004. It shows what the human body is capable of, with help or not.

I tried finding it on YouTube but it isn't there. I missed his first appearance on Raw but saw his first on Smackdown in 2002 and I immediately called my dad and said Holy Sh++ there is a new wrestler Brock Lesnar and this guy is going to be the next champ. He was insane. As you said he jumped on the apron and had a build like I had never seen before in wrestling. There had been plenty of big guys but no one with the size and muscularity of Brock. I was hooked from that minute forward. It was such a huge let down when the rumors of Brock leaving became true. How could this guy that was just a natural for the business and with the fastest climb to the top ever quit??? I continued to follow all of the headlines that surrounded him but not getting to see Brock was disappointing.

I have worked out religiously since I was 14 and you can't get as big as Brock naturally. He has tremendous genetics and so without the assistance of steroids he is a still a very large guy but it isn't remotely possible to achieve the physique he had in his early years without a lot of help. It is easy to pack on some size if you eat a ton and lift frequently but not with definition. I think most people who lift have gone through the phase of trying to get as big as they can but in reality that means a much larger waist for most and it defeats the purpose. Cut muscles look better than large but soft. You can tell currently that Brock is off the juice because that is where he stands now. He is big but a loft softer and this is fueling speculation he is going to make another run in the UFC so he has to stay clean for awhile. I personally have never taking any steroids and don't take any supplements but I just expect it at the professional level. There are so many athletes from all sports that are on stuff. I spoke to a guy who was a lower level MMA fighter and he said 90% or more of the guys are on stuff. It just is what it is. When you know your competition is taking it and the financial rewards and fame are what they are it just fuels the behavior.

In the ring Brock is a machine. People have no idea how much energy it takes to belly to back suplex and 250+ plus human time and time again. He also is a mercenary which I love. Wrestling is a tough sport and yes everyone knows it is predetermined but Brock isn't afraid to take real shots and is more than happy to deliver them. He is just awesome.

In 2014 for Halloween we were downtown Orlando where I live at a nightclub and were in the VIP room by the DJ booth and it had access to the dance floor via these little balcony's. There were a group of large people and it turned out they were working for WWE in NXT. One guy was huge and was dressed as Wonder Woman. We got to chatting and I showed him some cards on my phone and he was super cool. For several years I tried figuring out who it was and it turned out it was none other than Braun Strowman. If anyone questions Brock's toughness all one must do is watch this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oi6yGandaY
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Braun1.jpg (6.8 KB, 68 views)

Last edited by Dpeck100; 05-19-2018 at 02:46 PM.