NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-20-2004, 08:38 AM
Administrator

Default Where is VCBC?

Posted By: Rob L

It sounds like everyone got the lastest issue of VCBC but me. I called the number for VCBC that is posted on the website but get a strange answering machine. Anyone have a magazine handy that has another number to call?

Thanks.

Old 02-20-2004, 08:58 AM
Administrator

Default Where is VCBC?

Posted By: J

rather than calling. My magazine's been here a couple of weeks, but I get it (and PAY for it!) priority.

Old 02-20-2004, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Default Where is VCBC?

Posted By: Keith O'Leary

mine came yesterday (PA).

Old 02-20-2004, 10:12 AM
Administrator

Default Where is VCBC?

Posted By: leon

I called and left message early last week to see if I still have a subsription....sing as their circulation is sporadic at best. Still no call back.....I'm sorry folks but they could at least friggin' call back. NO EXCUSE FOR THAT...I wonder if they are partners with Slater's ??....best regards

Old 02-20-2004, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Default Where is VCBC?

Posted By: ramram

They indicate in this issue that future issues WILL be regular every two months. Hopefully that will actually happen. This issue looks pretty darn good!

Old 02-20-2004, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Default Where is VCBC?

Posted By: Patrick McMenemy

I received my copy today as well here on Cape Cod.

Old 02-20-2004, 08:38 PM
Administrator

Default Where is VCBC?

Posted By: brian p

Still waiting...I always receive mine 2-3 weeks after Julie checks in with her review.

Brian

Old 02-20-2004, 08:54 PM
Administrator

Default Where is VCBC?

Posted By: JC

Got mine in last week... It had Leon's name on it though? We must be neighbors or something?

Old 02-20-2004, 10:26 PM
Administrator

Default Where is VCBC?

Posted By: John(z28jd)

these people should get the award for worst distribution of a magazine,im not gonna get into all the trouble i had with them(lets just say they have a better chance of getting my grandmother to subscribe to them) but why do people continue to put up with their shoddy ways of running their magazine.It seems like every 2 months theres numerous complaints about not getting the magazine!

How hard is it to send every magazine in one day or even over 2 days time?

Everyone says theyre the only magazine dedicated to old cards only,well that might be the reason they can get away with this crap! If there was another vintage only magazine they would only have distribute their magazine like any other normal one and they would put vcbc out of business.

I dont care how good the articles are,just buy them a month after they come out on ebay,that way youll know when its actually coming.My friend just paid $2.35 delivered for a back issue off ebay and he got it within a week of winning.

If people want to keep being frustrated go ahead and subscribe tho,or just pay extra like some people and youll get it on time

Old 02-21-2004, 01:51 AM
Administrator

Default Where is VCBC?

Posted By: Julie

maybe they ought to start marketing it to her!

Yes, I'm sure VCBC is cheaper and quicker to pick up on ebay, but, hey, the magazine is technically not even IN business now, because they don't make any profits. I'd hate to see them fold because of my subscription being cancelled, or allowed to run out.

Sure hope the new production manager lives up to his promise to deliver 6 copies in 2004!

Old 02-21-2004, 06:26 AM
Administrator

Default Where is VCBC?

Posted By: runscott

John - Most of the issues sold on ebay are over-stock sold by the publisher, so if the magazine goes out of business, your friend will only have a limited number of issues he can purchase.

Okay, but regarding the rest of your complaints - it's very important for a product's prospective customer-base to give feedback, and you are certainly part of that base, as are others on this board who consistently complain about VCBC; however, the reason they stay in business is...

Some of us like it immensely and are willing to put up with problems, but will continue to give constructive criticism. Changes are made for many reasons, and I'm sure, based on the page by Don Betz at the back, and the new production manager's page near the front, that all the board "input" had a lot to do with it. But the point is - it's obvious we are being heard and that positive steps are being taken.

My biggest complaint is that more board members don't gather their valuable thoughts and send them in -I've heard some of you (okay, one of you) respond "why should I do all that work for nothing?" I won't even bother repeating what everyone was thinking when that was posted. There are some people who have that attitude about everything in life...don't ask them to feed your cat while you're out of town.

There are at least 100 people on this board who could gather the info they've been posting here for years, supplement it with additional research, package and write it. TBob and Tim did a great job doing just that - we've all seen how TBob writes, so if he can do it (and he did it well), anyone can. (joke - not insult). I've also heard the complaint "I submitted an article and it never got published". Jeez, so what? Was it still fun to write the article? It probably at least gave your brain some exercise.

Anyway, personally, I never had much of a problem with the odd production schedule, and I tend to let my views be made known. But that's just me.

Old 02-21-2004, 08:50 AM
Administrator

Default Where is VCBC?

Posted By: leon

I agree with everything you said and know your comments were not directed at me. As a loyal customer I just wanted a little ole call back to see if I needed to give them more money. I got no response....guess they only have the v-mail for perception? I still love the mag and when I find out if I still have a subscription, or not, I will renew it. *(the spelling in my first post was awful too).. breast regards

Old 02-21-2004, 08:59 AM
Administrator

Default Where is VCBC?

Posted By: runscott

I wasn't even thinking about you when I posted - I post lots of stuff without thinking about you...or Julie...but don't take offense, as it doesn't mean I don't care.

Old 02-21-2004, 10:42 AM
Administrator

Default Where is VCBC?

Maybe the reason they dont make money is the way the treat the people who do spend money with them.If they had halfway decent shipping policies i wouldve been a subscriber for the last 3+ years.Its 100% their fault that they lost me as a subscriber and i made every effort to give them slack but they ruined it in the end.
Im sure im not the only person they screwed over and therefore its safe to say that they dug themselves a hole and try to blame it on lack of interest. Ive also never recommended a subscription to them to anyone and wont anytime soon,and im sure that doesnt help them,as does people who keep posting complaints on a public forum about their shipping.
I would be more than glad to help write an article for them as i have in the past(which is the only copy of the magazine i currently own) and i have all the free time in the world to help people.In fact if i thought there was interest,id put up a story about the 1887 Pirates,complete with crappy webtv scans or another story about Larry Corcoran,also complete with crappy scans of possibly the worlds largest Corcoran collection!
Anyone wanna see either of those articles cause ill do it!

Finally,my ranting about their shipping may look like im trying to ruin their business,trust me its not,theyre doing a fine job of it on their own.I think the magazine could be successful if they tried harder

Now fill my email mailbox with requests for either the Corcoran or 1887 Pirates story(inagural NL team) and ill put 100% effort into making it the best story on either topic

Old 02-21-2004, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Default Where is VCBC?

If there is significant interest in an 1887 Pirates story,ill get good scans of all the cards of all 16 players together for the story.Maybe mail them to Scott or take them down the the library,or go buy a good scanner or something,just to show im not trying to do bad to vcbc

Old 02-26-2004, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Default Where is VCBC?

Posted By: brian p

My issue arrived today-16 days after Julie's review. No complaints on this side--if I wanted it sooner and wasn't so cheap I would fork over for priority mail. Just thought I would alert any new or potential subscribers that delivery time on this great magazine may rival that of mail coming from former Eastern Block countries.

Brian

Old 02-26-2004, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Default Where is VCBC?

Posted By: Kevin Cummings

I don't think you saw the reply I made to you in the other small VCBC thread. You may have made the same mistake I did. Evidently everybody's envelope has that "LAST ISSUE" (or whatever it's called) tag on it. What we both may have failed to see was the number that followed. That is the issue with which your subscription expires.

The good news is that Don Betz called me back to only hours after I left a message on the machine. We had a nice little chat and he reiterated the promise that with some new staff, the magazine should be issued on schedule as promised. He also said a lot of folks made the "LAST ISSUE" mistake!