NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-09-2010, 02:36 PM

Default Its a hard question, but I was hoping someone could shed some light

What would be the most a "no name" minor league Zeenut player would be worth from the 20's if he was in perfect condition with coupon attached?

Again, I believe this would be hard to answer, but I appreciate the guidance.

Thanks,
Brenden
Old 01-09-2010, 03:01 PM

I've heard Leon is paying top dollar for a 1920 Zee with Coupon.

I hope that helps.

Leon, how many other friends do you have that would shamless plug your collection needs on the main board? I'm not trying to be a suck-up or anything.

Last edited by Cat; 01-09-2010 at 03:01 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-09-2010, 03:06 PM

I am new to collecting, what is top dollar?
Old 01-09-2010, 03:39 PM
Fred

That is a loaded question. If the card were raw then I'm sure it would fetch 4 figures if it was in "perfect" condition w/ coupon. If it were graded it would be a "9" or perhaps a "10" (if it were perfect) and then all bets are off with regard to what someone might pay for it. It could go into the 5 digit range because it would be a lone specimen of great quality, an anomally in the collecting community. It only takes two people with a lot more cash than the rest of us to drive the price.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Rhett Yeakley

Brendan, the price can really vary. There are years within the 1920's that are much tougher to find still retaining their coupon--1920, 1921, 1922, and the Sepia 1923's are all probably tougher than the other years in the 20's so they would bring a premium (the 1923 Sepia's are the hardest ones to find--I haven't seen a couponed one in a long itme).

Also it depends on who the "no-name" player is. There are many players that may appear to be a no-name when actually they are fairly highly collected and popular players (such as Buzz Arlett, Johnny Fredericks, etc., etc.)

Generally the 1924-29 Black and Whites would be around $150-200 or so for a somewhat decent one (with some years being a bit higher), with the player, rarity of the card, team, and year all potentially impacting the final price. "Perfect condition" rarely exists so short a scan I wouldn't want to speculate.

The ones from before that would be higher. I hope this helps, but there isn't really a quick & easy answwer to this question.

-Rhett

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562
Old 01-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Bill T.

Default Picture, please

Brenden,

Put up a picture of the card you're asking about and we can give you a closer idea.

Bill

Last edited by birdman42; 01-10-2010 at 10:45 AM. Reason: ignorant grammar error
Old 01-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
Leon, how many other friends do you have that would shamless plug your collection needs on the main board? I'm not trying to be a suck-up or anything.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Pup6913

That Sh!t is funny Tim. LOL