NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-21-2016, 11:20 AM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Default Mike Denero/Ebay BIN Price Drop

Normally, as I mindlessly troll Ebay listings, I hustle on by Mike Denero, since I have seen the cards he has listed many, many times with the same BIN's; however, today something different. He has dropped his prices on average about 10%, bringing them a bit more in line with market, I guess, in an effort to boost sales. Interesting to see if this move will quickly shift some of his inventory.
Old 08-21-2016, 11:31 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I've been seeing the same horribly overpriced cards relisted weekly for years. Gonna take a lot more than 10% to move them. Still he is moving in the right direction.

Amazing how many pro dealers are willing to sit on dead inventory for years. I never understood the business rationale behind that approach.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 08-21-2016 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-21-2016, 11:32 AM
Jeff

It takes several years to become a certified curator.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 08-21-2016, 03:05 PM
Val Kehl

Let me know when he drops his prices by 1/3 to 1/2!
Old 08-21-2016, 05:23 PM
mark sanders

Default marketing tool...

... I mean HIM, not the concept.
here's an example of the great deals he's offering:
t206 cobb red sgc 40
yesterday's price- $1650
today's price- $1840 minus 10%= $1656
this is where I usually would say you do the math...
but, it's already done for you!
thanks mike!
BAT ON: Old Mill, SC 350/25
BAT OFF: Cycle, Lenox, Piedmont 460/42, Uzit
& Piedmont 350
Old 08-21-2016, 05:30 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sando69 View Post
... I mean HIM, not the concept.
here's an example of the great deals he's offering:
t206 cobb red sgc 40
yesterday's price- $1650
today's price- $1840 minus 10%= $1656
this is where I usually would say you do the math...
but, it's already done for you!
thanks mike!
By raising the price tomorrow to $2100, it would afford him the opportunity to offer 20% off.

"You do the math."

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 08-21-2016, 06:13 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Normally, as I mindlessly troll Ebay listings, I hustle on by Mike Denero, since I have seen the cards he has listed many, many times with the same BIN's; however, today something different. He has dropped his prices on average about 10%, bringing them a bit more in line with market, I guess, in an effort to boost sales. Interesting to see if this move will quickly shift some of his inventory.

I have had several good deals with Mike by contacting him and paying direct for cards he has listed on EBAY.

He's very cooperative and reasonable in his 'off ebay' prices.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 08-21-2016, 06:19 PM
Bill Gregory

I've done business with Mike. As Clyde stated, I think he's quite reasonable, imo.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 08-21-2016, 06:20 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
I have had several good deals with Mike by contacting him and paying direct for cards he has listed on EBAY.

He's very cooperative and reasonable in his 'off ebay' prices.
Raymond- Thanks for the input. I have never been able to buy anything from him.....
Old 08-21-2016, 06:22 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
I've done business with Mike. As Clyde stated, I think he's quite reasonable, imo.
He ought to be...lol...he steals the cards on Ebay he is selling! I should know...I've sold to him a time or two!
Old 05-19-2017, 08:41 PM
Sam Sw@rtz

Has anyone seen a listing from Mike Denero lately? Whatever happened to that dude? Don't get me wrong; I don't miss overpriced eBay flips. I just find it curious I don't see any listings anymore.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:52 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Yeah, his name was so synonymous with ridiculously overpriced BINs I wonder if he didn't reinvent himself as someone else.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:03 PM
Bry@n

Note: Ebay is offering 8% back in seller's fees for items listed during a promo period. So that 10% drop is really a 2% drop from his perspective.

Last edited by Jobu; 05-19-2017 at 09:04 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:11 PM

It seems like Mike is gradually leaving the hobby as he hasn't acquired too many cards since the beginning of the year. I will say this, I have spoken to Mike over the last few years & he is one of the top best sellers in the hobby. True, his prices are listed higher than some dealers, but he always is willing to work with a customer to make the buyer happy. He is honest, sincere, & very respectful to me for years. I hope he is not leaving the hobby because he will be missed.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsports View Post
True, his prices are listed higher than some dealers, but he always is willing to work with a customer to make the buyer happy. He is honest, sincere, & very respectful to me for years. I hope he is not leaving the hobby because he will be missed.
I agree with this sentiment. Mike's T206 BINs were (are) always a bit high but not outrageously so--and he was (is) willing to do deals at a reasonable markdown.

A little off-topic but David Bryan (davidbvintage--who was mentioned in another thread today) has always been one of my favorite eBay sellers. I have never been able to find fault with his pricing on T206s, E cards, M cards or others (he obviously pays close attention to the market) and he has always provided great customer service.

Here's to the good eBay sellers!

Last edited by sreader3; 05-19-2017 at 09:31 PM.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:04 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Thx. Never did business with David but will keep an eye out.

I tried a thread a few weeks ago where people could identify some lesser known/hyped eBay seller for exactly this reason . . . .to see if some small guys out there deserved public kudos and see if somehow I was missing someone good. Unfortunately my thread blew up in a matter of minutes when I identified a seller that at least one other person had in their sights and pounced all over. I guess that's my fault in not having encyclopedic knowledge of every grievance anyone has ever had on the board about a seller since day 1 of Net 54.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 05-20-2017 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:08 AM
Robert Williams

Most of the good smaller sellers (yours truly included) are usually wished by others to remain small. It's almost like finding a diamond in the rough in a world of vastly overpriced cards. It's like people don't want a good secret getting out, because good deals are getting few and far between.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:28 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsports View Post
It seems like Mike is gradually leaving the hobby as he hasn't acquired too many cards since the beginning of the year. I will say this, I have spoken to Mike over the last few years & he is one of the top best sellers in the hobby. True, his prices are listed higher than some dealers, but he always is willing to work with a customer to make the buyer happy. He is honest, sincere, & very respectful to me for years. I hope he is not leaving the hobby because he will be missed.
My understanding is that he is indeed getting out and has reduced his prices to move inventory. Good seller in my experience.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:39 AM
P@trick R.omolo

He's a member here but he hasn't posted in long time.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:07 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Thx. Never did business with David but will keep an eye out.

I tried a thread a few weeks ago where people could identify some lesser known/hyped eBay seller for exactly this reason . . . .to see if some small guys out there deserved public kudos and see if somehow I was missing someone good. Unfortunately my thread blew up in a matter of minutes when I identified a seller that at least one other person had in their sights and pounced all over. I guess that's my fault in not having encyclopedic knowledge of every grievance anyone has ever had on the board about a seller since day 1 of Net 54.
Steve, I'm not sure if you have a learning disability or not but that's not even remotely what happened. I didn't have that seller "in [my] sights" or have some specific grievance with him. HE IS A MAJOR DEALER WHO WAS BANNED BY SGC AND PSA FROM SUBMITTING CARDS BECAUSE HE REPEATEDLY TRIED TO SNEAK ALTERED CARDS PAST THEM AND WHICH RESULTED IN THE FBI CONFISCATING THE ALTERED CARDS. Does this sound like a minor personal issue? Or a major, hobby-wide issue which people have the right to know about? That you were a coward and immediately removed your initial post is your issue, not mine -- you certainly didn't respond as aggressively about the information I provided back then as you are now. And you didn't need to have an "encyclopedic knowledge" of the hobby to know what had occurred -- just need to open your ears and shut your mouth on occasion and something might actually get through to your brain.

Last edited by calvindog; 05-20-2017 at 11:08 AM.