NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 08-29-2014, 10:31 PM
Pete Sycks

Default Jack Nicklaus Auto opinions

Just got this back TTM from Nicklaus. There are definite pen strokes on the ball, let me know your thoughts on it's authenticity. I saw he's at a 90%+ success rate through the mail so I thought I'd give it a try. I've responded for over 5 people about what address I used. A simple google search will find your answer. Thanks for the help with the ball though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nicklaus ball.jpg (74.4 KB, 306 views)

http://syckscards.weebly.com

Always looking for 1938 Goudey's

Last edited by sycks22; 09-02-2014 at 01:54 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:27 AM
Matthew
Ma.tt Wy.llie

Authentic
Old 08-30-2014, 09:44 AM
G@ry Sƈ@m.ҽh.0ɾn

I got him TTM yesterday as well. Looks auth to me as well.

Last edited by GoCubsGo32; 08-30-2014 at 09:44 AM.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:13 PM
kirk welch

keep in mind there are a ton of autopens of nicklaus i assume from the mail on flats , to me there are always signatures that may very well be good but i would pass , this would be one on a baseball but again it might be good but i wouldnt buy it , just my 2 cents
Old 08-30-2014, 11:33 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

It looks like his typical autopen signatures which obviously doesn't make sense on a baseball. Unless something has changed, Nicklaus TTM has been difficult for quite a while. To me it looks slowly written & shaky and Nicklaus doesn't sign slowly. As Kirk said, I wouldn't buy it either. For what it's worth, I buy a lot of Nicklaus items as well as many vintage golf signatures so it's not an off the cuff uneducated opinion. Just my opinion. Take care, Jason
Old 08-31-2014, 09:35 AM
Pete Sycks

I don't know about Nicklaus being difficult. He signs for everybody. I think I'll send it to psadna and see what they say. Thanks for your help guys

Old 08-31-2014, 11:46 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

What site do you use that says over 90% success? Just wondering. Maybe he is signing again, but for years most of those are autopens. He also generally personalizes most TTM autos.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Matthew
Ma.tt Wy.llie

He has been signing TTM for the past few years. They are authentic. I am 100% confident. Yes, he did send out pre-printed autographs on and off for years, but they always had a label on the back of the photo stating the autograph was 'computer generated'. Jack is a class act, and he is not trying to sneak one by on any of you guys. It is amazing that the greatest golfer of all-time will sign TTM, and you should enjoy it while it lasts.

Last edited by jimjim; 09-01-2014 at 04:16 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:18 PM

Default JimStinson

Sorry but I watched this until it got to be silly .....here from his own website

There are a growing number of counterfeit Jack Nicklaus autographed memorabilia products currently in the marketplace. To help prevent the public from being defrauded, Golden Bear has selected a limited number of quality companies to sell and distribute authentic autographed Jack Nicklaus memorabilia. These companies are the only sources for the sale of authentic Jack Nicklaus autographed memorabilia authorized by Jack Nicklaus and Golden Bear.

Or you can go direct to the web site here, pretty simple stuff guys, But he gets probably 500 requests a day from all over the World ...Lets keep it real...The guy has a life
http://www.nicklaus.com/

Vintage autographs for sale daily
stinsonsports.com
Old 09-01-2014, 06:34 PM
Jeff

You mean he doesn't get up every day, sit down with his Fruit Loops, open his mail and start signing?

ETA: He is concerned about the public being defrauded so he has someone else signing his mail for him?

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."

Last edited by HRBAKER; 09-01-2014 at 06:52 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:25 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Default Nicklaus

I wanted to make one more comment as it appears I was mistaken. It does appear that Nicklaus has been signing through the Golden Bear / Palm Beach address recently. As I doubted Jimjim I wanted to say publicly that I was wrong. I do however still have some doubts about the feathering on the ball, but he probably doesn't sign too many baseballs and it could just be an ink that is not the best for leather.

I will say that as a golf collector for over 25 years, the info about autopen photos stating on the back that they are autopen is not correct. Some of the newer versions do have this marking on the back, but many of the ones signed in the 70's, 80's and 90's have no such marking. You can easily tell as it is the exact same signature with only subtle differences. Generally very shaky and even in ink flow like every autopen.

Bottom line is much like Hogan in his later years, Nicklaus appears to be signing by mail for the time being. This could be brief so stamp your envelopes quickly. I will add that through my research, all of the items I have seen signed recently have been personalized to the recipient. Jason
Old 09-23-2014, 02:14 PM
Pete Sycks

Came back from PSA/DNA and it's legit. Couldn't be happier

Old 09-23-2014, 04:51 PM
J@son.K

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
He has been signing TTM for the past few years. They are authentic. I am 100% confident. Yes, he did send out pre-printed autographs on and off for years, but they always had a label on the back of the photo stating the autograph was 'computer generated'. Jack is a class act, and he is not trying to sneak one by on any of you guys. It is amazing that the greatest golfer of all-time will sign TTM, and you should enjoy it while it lasts.
I agree Jack is a class act. He will often sign in person while you wait for him to finish is practice balls (My mom got his sig that way). HOWEVER, we all know that he returned tons of TTM signatures using autopen. I sent him several items back in the 80s and they were all returned with the same autopen sigs and they do not have any kind of disclaimer or label that they are autopen (just as Duluth Eskimo Jason pointed out).

Last edited by djson1; 09-23-2014 at 04:54 PM.