NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-20-2006, 07:06 AM
Administrator

Default ebay feedback

Posted By: joey

I was just wondering what would be a reasonable time to expect someone to return feedback after you have left it for them (positive of course).

Old 05-20-2006, 07:26 AM
Administrator

Default ebay feedback

Posted By: Scott Mosley

There are some eBayers who don't take the time to leave you feedback even if your transaction goes perfectly while there are others who will go through their transactions every couple of weeks or a month at a time and leave feedbacks then.

All of this is to say that you may get positive feedback several weeks down the road or you may never get feedback on your transaction. Your mileage may vary.

As far as what is "reasonable", I usually try to go by the following guidelines when I leave feedback:

As a seller, I try to leave feedback as soon after payment is received as possible since the buyer has fulfilled their obligation at that point.

As a buyer, I will leave positive feedback once I've received the item and it is as the seller has described.

Old 05-20-2006, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Default ebay feedback

Posted By: Martin Neal

I leave positive feedback immediately when I receive payment for an item and I leave feedback for a seller only after he has left feedback for me. Since I have been doing this, I don't concern myself anymore with who left what and when.

Old 05-20-2006, 09:06 AM
Administrator

Default ebay feedback

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

Scott and Martin,

To me, you two use the feedback system the way it's supposed to be used. People have their reasons for not leaving feedback first as a seller that has received payment and there's a good chance we're going to hear their side.

As a seller (I don't sell too much) I follow the guidelines you two follow.

Old 05-20-2006, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Default ebay feedback

Posted By: drc

Some people don't give each feeback instantaneously, but all at once-- kind of like paying the bills at the end of the week. After each check received in the mail, I don't sprint to the computer with shoes untied and give positive feedback. If you think someone should give you feedback, email them and ask them to and he or she probably will.

As a buyer and a seller I give a postive feedback when deserved and I don't have requirement that the buyer gives feeback first. I understand people value, want and deserve their good feedback. However, if eBay buyers issued me a stop watch, referee and log book to record how long it takes me to give each feedback, they'd be waiting a long time for their positive feedback.

I had a salty old relative who was one day doing his taxes. There was a box on the form that said "Do Not Write In This Box. For Government Use Only." So my relative wrote in the box, "I will write wherever I damn well please" ... That's similar to how I would react to to the stopwatch, referee and feedback, considering I already give positive feedback regularly.

Old 05-20-2006, 01:40 PM
Administrator

Default ebay feedback

Posted By: Bob

Count me in with the group which includes Scott and Martin. When I sell a card and I receive payment I always leave positive feedback immediately. When I receive a card I leave positive feedback within 24 hours. I never check for reciprocity, I just hope they do.

Old 05-20-2006, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Default ebay feedback

Posted By: jay behrens

I've had enough bad experiences with buyers that I will not leave feedback for a buyer until I know the transaction is completed to their satisfaction. The buyer's responsibility is not over after he makes payment. If you leave feedback right away, there is no way for the seller to them leave appropriate feedback if the buyer is pulling a PayPal scam or trying to pull some other stunt.

The feedback system is supposed to alert buyers to good and bad sellers, AND good and bad buyers. By leaving feedback first as a seller, you cannot do this.

Jay

I like to sit outside, drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home, I would be arrested. So, I go to baseball games and fit right in.

Old 05-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Administrator

Default ebay feedback

Posted By: Joann

I was going to leave essentially the same response as Jay.

I used to get irritated when a seller waited until I left pos before he would leave it in turn. I thought it unfair that a seller would hold feedback hostage for getting positive feedback from me first.

But my sister recently sold a cell phone to a zero-feedback buyer. All went well w/payment, etc. Then the seller claimed the flip was cracked almost off, defective goods, demanded refund, didn't want to return phone, etc. When she finally got the phone back, it was clear that he had intentionally broken it. Plus, his ebay history showed that he was winning bidder on a different cell phone in an auction that ended the day before he received the one from my sister.

He opened a PayPal dispute, pulled payment back, blah blah blah. It's been opened and closed twice now, recently reopened again. PP not interested in photos, or my sister's 250+ 100% feedback and his zero, etc.

This whole thing has been a joke, and now I have much more understanding of why a seller might not consider a buyer's performance to be positive just at the receipt of payment.

Joann

Old 05-23-2006, 06:55 AM
Administrator

Default ebay feedback

Posted By: joey

My post was not one in which I was hoping to get some smart comment about a stop watch and racing to the computer with untied shoes. It was posted to get a decent response. Thank you to everyone who did give a decent reply. My question came from me paying for a card I had won with paypal within one hour after the auction closed. I got my card about 13 days after the auction closed. I left positive feedback as soon as I checked my card. It has been almost three and a half weeks without any feedback returned. I emailed him a week ago with no response either. So (DRC) do you still think we need a referee and a log book smart guy?

Old 05-23-2006, 07:21 AM
Administrator

Default ebay feedback

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

Feedback! It ain't nothing but a heartbreaker
Feedback! Friend only to the undertaker
Feedback! It's an enemy to all mankind
The thought of feedback blows my mind

Feedback has caused unrest in the younger generation
Induction then destruction-
Who wants to die?

Ohhh? Feedback Good God y'all
What is it good for?
Absolutely nothing
Say it, Say it, Say it

Feedback! Uh-huh Yeah - Huh!
What is it good for?
Absolutely nothing
Listen to me?

If you are a buyer, feedback or the lack of it, has no importance.
If a seller, you feel bound to try to explain the actions of every nut job with a red pen.

Old 05-23-2006, 08:13 AM
Administrator

Default ebay feedback

Posted By: Martin Neal

Gilbert,

Thanks for the first ear to ear grin of the day! And as a bonus, I'll have that great song in my head all day!