NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 03-07-2017, 12:16 PM
Josh

Default I made a mistake with this Clemente, but does it matter?

I'm building a set of 1956 Topps. I saw this Clemente come up for auction and at first glance it looked perfect to me, especially the centering. I thought it was 50-50, so I was willing to pay a premium. The card had a $1000 reserve, but I won for $1076 and paid an additional $80 in sales tax. No problem, that was still less than I was willing to pay because I thought the eye appeal was worth it.

Anyway, I get the card yesterday and I was super stoked to check it out, but when I opened up the package, my heart sank a bit. The centering was not perfect. Honestly, I was hoping they had sent me the wrong card. Apparently I was fooled by the shadows on the holder in the scan. Shame on me.

Centering is 60-40 left/right & top/bottom. It's got a minor print imperfection through the middle of the card, but doesn't affect Clemente's face in my mind. It has a small wax stain on the back. Otherwise, the edges and corners look great and it has really nice color. The only thing I was surprised about when I got the card was the centering.

My question: Is $1156 still a respectable deal for this card? Thanks in advance for any input.

Old 03-07-2017, 12:47 PM
James
James Kin.chen

I believe all of these cards have the print line through the middle of the card. I would gladly add that card to my collection.
James
Old 03-07-2017, 12:48 PM
James
James Kin.chen

I believe all of these cards have the print line through the middle of the card. Even the PSA 10 that is on eBay now has it. I would gladly add that card to my collection.
James
Old 03-07-2017, 01:01 PM
David (30%) Hall

The PSA 7's alone range from about 510-850 on ebay; one of those auctions being PWCC.

1100+ for a 7.5 may seem kinda high according to those numbers, but that doesn't mean you don't have a beautiful Clemente to hold on to for your PC.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:30 PM
octavio ranzola

pretty card
Old 03-07-2017, 02:02 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey7mantle7 View Post
The PSA 7's alone range from about 510-850 on ebay; one of those auctions being PWCC.

1100+ for a 7.5 may seem kinda high according to those numbers, but that doesn't mean you don't have a beautiful Clemente to hold on to for your PC.
I agree 100%
Old 03-07-2017, 02:07 PM
Ne@l K

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
I believe all of these cards have the print line through the middle of the card. I would gladly add that card to my collection.
James
They do .... it is the OF wall at Forbes.

Nice card

Successful transactions with Peter Spaeth, Phil Garry, Don Hontz, JStottlemire, maj78, bcbgcbrcb, secondhandwatches, esehobmbre, Leon, Jetsfan, Brian Van Horn, Brian Dwyer, MGHPro, DeanH, canofcorn, Zigger Zagger, conor912, RayBShotz, Jay Wolt, AConte, Halbig Vintage and many others
Old 03-07-2017, 02:15 PM
Anth.ony Ku.rash

Good pick up, I think the centering is excellent.

My problem is with the PSA cases, get the card and the case is scratched, does not show in scan. End up sending to PSA for new slab !

Good Luck with your collecting !
Old 03-07-2017, 02:18 PM
D@v!d W@tk!n$

Very nice looking card. When you look at VCP and see other 7.5's that have sold I would take yours over the others as far as eye-appeal. I think it would be a keeper for me. Congrats and a very nice addition.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:55 PM
Bob F.

I agree with the others. You have a very nice card there.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:18 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
James
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
They do .... it is the OF wall at Forbes.

Nice card
Thanks, Neal.

I thought the same thing as the O.P., thought it was a defect.

Nice care, Sickmantz.

I am pretty happy with my 4 but I would gladly own the one you do!
Very nice card, imo.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:58 PM
Josh

Thanks for all the feedback. I really appreciate it.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:08 PM
Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey7mantle7 View Post

+1. Value should do fine over time.

Best wishes,

Larry
Old 03-08-2017, 07:49 PM

Don't beat yourself up on this one. Gorgeous card and the centering is frankly amazing. The design and colors of that card is great for masking centering issues even if there were any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk