NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 05-26-2011, 09:00 PM

Wow!
Old 05-26-2011, 09:06 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

I am partial to the older guys...
That Ruth is awesome. It will look so fantastic when it is done.

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 05-27-2011, 05:18 PM

wow Beautiful! I swear when I see this I feel like I'm right on the playing field!!!
Old 05-28-2011, 09:51 AM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKreindler View Post

Roger Maris, 10/1/61, 38" x 52"

Graig
I stumbled on a familiar image...
No offense to the artist's work below as he does his thing(is also very talented and seemingly has a rather large following) but man...the difference is just undeniable IMO. You are simply leaps and bounds above the rest and the best Graig. The kicker is, you are not even finished. Thus, I assume the glaze has not even been applied for the final POP!!!?? JUST SPECTACULAR.

http://www.lelands.com/Auction/Aucti...rthur-K-Miller

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection

Last edited by Forever Young; 05-28-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:56 PM
Graig Kreindler

Wowzas, guys. Thanks so much for the extremely kind words. I hope ya still feel that way when these badboys are done!

Graig
Old 05-28-2011, 05:44 PM
And.rew Whi.te

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
I stumbled on a familiar image...
No offense to the artist's work below as he does his thing(is also very talented and seemingly has a rather large following) but man...the difference is just undeniable IMO. You are simply leaps and bounds above the rest and the best Graig. The kicker is, you are not even finished. Thus, I assume the glaze has not even been applied for the final POP!!!?? JUST SPECTACULAR.

http://www.lelands.com/Auction/Aucti...rthur-K-Miller

I have to agree with the above statement. There certainly does seem to be a higher level of lifelike quality in Graig's paintings than the one that is is the Lelands auction. Someday I hope to won a real Kreindler but by time i am able to afford one the originals will be way out of my price range!!

Once again Graig....great work.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:00 PM
$teve O.

Some of the best artwork I have ever seen!!!!
Old 06-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Graig Kreindler

Hey guys,

So, the YES Network just put this guy on their website:

http://web.yesnetwork.com/media/vide...nt_id=15459541

YOWZAS!! Seven and a half minutes? Holy canoli!

Anywho, if you guys have some time, check it out, and certainly, feel free to pass it along to anyone who might be interested. And of course, thank you SO much Joey Auriemma and Christa Robinson for showing an interest in me and making me look somewhat cool (I think).

Oh, and so this post has some paintin' stuff on it, here's an in-progress of Mr. Nolan Ryan, circa 1969:

Hope everyone's well!

Graig
Old 06-02-2011, 05:21 PM

Default New Ryan painting

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKreindler View Post
Hey guys,

So, the YES Network just put this guy on their website:

YOWZAS!! Seven and a half minutes? Holy canoli!

Anywho, if you guys have some time, check it out, and certainly, feel free to pass it along to anyone who might be interested. And of course, thank you SO much Joey Auriemma and Christa Robinson for showing an interest in me and making me look somewhat cool (I think).

Oh, and so this post has some paintin' stuff on it, here's an in-progress of Mr. Nolan Ryan, circa 1969:

Hope everyone's well!

Graig
Alright, Graig!! Now you're talking... I'm glad to see that you finally are working of a painting of my favorite player Nolan Ryan. The likeness of young Ryan is spectacular. I can't wait to see what the finished product looks like!!

Thanks for posting this!
Old 06-02-2011, 07:41 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Graig,
As usual you continue to deliver outstanding image after outstanding image. It's just amazing.

Scott,
Is that one yours? Have you finally succumbed to the power the Dark Side?
It sure does look great.

Mark

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 06-02-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
Graig,
As usual you continue to deliver outstanding image after outstanding image. It's just amazing.

Scott,
Is that one yours? Have you finally succumbed to the power the Dark Side?
It sure does look great.

Mark
Mark,

I wish!!! Unfortunately, Mr. Ryan must be for someone else....
Congrats to whoever comissioned it!

Scott
Old 06-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Graig Kreindler

Thanks, guys.

Actually, the Ryan isn't spoken for. I just saw the image, really loved it, and jumped straight to canvas. Um, canvas on board, that is. So, with some spare hours, I just tried my best to tackle it (I always seem to be working on these smaller guys in-between the larger ones).

Anywho, coming from a Ryan aficionado like you Scott, your sentiments are very much appreciated!!

Graig

Last edited by GKreindler; 06-02-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:30 PM

I really wish I could get prints of some of your finished works. I'd have a heck of a time narrowing it down to what I could afford even as prints but it would be a lot of fun.
http://s241.photobucket.com/home/woundedduck/allalbums
Old 06-06-2011, 09:32 AM

Hey Graig -

I'm sure this has been brought up earlier but, I was watching "Boys in the Hall - Bob Feller" last night narrated by Tom Brokaw and immediately recognized that great artwork behind his head. Even before they showed your name in the credits I told my wife that I know exactly who must have done those paintings! The legend continues to grow!!

Rob M.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:42 AM
Graig Kreindler

Good eye, Rob! I've had some really nice luck over the past month in regards to visibility. The guys who were producing the show allowed me to come by to see the paintings and watch Brokaw do his thing. That man is an absolute freak of nature - I swear he went through each intro/outro in one take (maybe one or two with more than the first take). Either way, he had such presence, and was the consummate professional.

So yeah, anybody who has FSN or MSG+, the show 'The Boys in the Hall' airs on Sunday nights (I think at 7:30 PM). I know they also rebroadcast the shows on both networks pretty regularly. The first episode with Duke Snider was wonderful, as was Feller's. I think Killebrew is next?

Also, going back to visibility thing, the YES Network made this guy live a few days ago:

Please excuse my new double chin. Aside from that, I thought it was a pretty awesome feature. Hopefully, it'll yield some good things!

Graig

Last edited by GKreindler; 06-06-2011 at 09:44 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Mike Schulze

Awesome story and congrats on your success... keep up the hard work! -Mike
Old 06-06-2011, 08:06 PM

Great piece - OUTSTANDING PAINTINGS.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Graig Kreindler

Thanks, guys!!

Old 06-07-2011, 11:24 AM
T!M R10rd@n

Graig,

Great stuff as usual and nice piece on yesnetwork!

I was reading the latest issue of Memories and Dreams the other night when I immediately thought of you. On P.22 there is a picture of Roger Maris sitting atop the dugout steps that instantly struck me as an incredible image for a painting. http://www.hozinc.com/memdreams3/

Arghhh! If only I wasn't in the middle of $15K in unexpected expenses over the last few weeks I'd be very seriously considering commisioning it. Houses and kids! Why do they have to be so full of surprises and so dang expensive?
Old 06-15-2011, 08:58 AM
Graig Kreindler

I LOVE that shot of Maris, always have. They're a few other ones taken of him that were probably from that same day, and they'd be equally as fun to paint.

Luckily, I don't know the expenses brought on by having kids, well at least, not yet...but man, this whole rent thing is VERY overrated. It's like a quick punch to the gut at the end of every month.

Anywho, here are three other small guys I've been working on (when I need breaks from the bigger canvases):

Mickey Mantle, 1951, 9" x 12"

Ernie Banks, 1955, 11" x 14"

Derek Jeter, 2000, 11" x 14"

DJ's closest to being finished, but they all have a ways to go before I can call it a day...

Hope y'all enjoy!

Graig

Last edited by GKreindler; 06-15-2011 at 08:58 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:01 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

One of my favorite all-time Kreindler works was recently withdrawn from Lelands. It was the Koufax No Hitter Painting. Anyone out there know what happened? I was prepared to give someone a run for their money
Old 06-17-2011, 03:08 PM
And.rew Whi.te

I didnt realize any of his work have been put up for auction...

I am curious, Graig, when your artwork is put of for auction what are your feelings about that? Do you feel a sense of pride? A sense of betrayal because the original purchaser sold it off? Maybe a sense of wonder in that your work is getting a wider acclaim to be able to be included in high end auctions? I think I would have very mixed feelings if it was me...I am just curious how you feel!
Old 06-17-2011, 04:32 PM
Graig Kreindler

Andrew,

It's a mixed bag of emotions, really. I mean, there's no sense of betrayal when someone decides to go that route. Obviously, I'd love it if the client would love the piece forever and never part with it, but I do understand that people can 'fall out of love' with things, especially with pieces of their collections. So, when someone wants to move on and go elsewhere, I totally understand.

When it comes to my feelings on actually having my work in the auctions, well, it's really complicated. Honestly, I don't even know if I can articulate or verbalize those emotions. For now, let's just say it's a pretty mixed bag, with most of me not being into the idea. Yeah. I'll see if I can explain myself a little better after some thinking.

Graig
Old 06-17-2011, 04:35 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

I was surprised as well. I was thrilled at the prospect of potentially winning it, but it felt weird to see it in Lelands. Plus, they gave it a rather lackluster photo... a very small image within the Catalogue. There's a lot of other artwork in there (that I felt was not as nice), which received more exposure.

I actually missed Graig's Koufax the first two times through, and was hoping the small pic would translate to a more affordable price. It had 6 bidders at the time it was withdrawn.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:57 PM
Graig Kreindler

Mark,

Yeah, I wasn't terribly pleased with the photo either. That was the first thing that caught my eye in the listing, and I just couldn't understand why they didn't just email me and ask for a scan or something. Granted, they may have wanted to show the frame and all, but still, it could have been represented better.

Now, the thing about that that bothers me the most is that those who are perusing the auction and haven't seen my work would have nothing to go by but that photo. In other words, the painting will only seem as good as its reproduction, which in this case, isn't so great. I guess that's why it's so important for me to have everything shot professionally. Even though it costs an arm and a leg, it's worth it to have peace of mind about my portfolio - I get to control how and what people see in that regard. If the painting stayed and was photographed correctly, I think it could have made the consignor and Lelands more money.

Alright, I'm off my soap-box.

So, here's what I was working on earlier today:

I figured since Mantle is my father's all-time favorite, he was a good subject to tackle today. Or something. I've only got a few hours in, but I like what I'm seeing thus far.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day!

Graig
Old 06-19-2011, 06:44 PM
And.rew Whi.te

I am NOT an artist but I can certainly appreciate extraordinary work when I see it and I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to see one 's own artwork that is a result of hundreds of hours of time be given less than stellar exposure like the Lelands auction did. I just never understood why, when selling a significant piece extreme care does not go into showing the piece off. I mean lets face it, we are not talking about a 500 dollar Stan Musial card here, this is a significant painting that required more work to showcase than what was put into it.

For the consignor and the artist this must be very frustrating.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:11 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Maybe that's why it was withdrawn? The picture and overall representation were severely lacking.

Also... thanks Graig for your perspective. Any and all of us Net54 guys who saw it in Lelands' Catalogue were probably wondering what you were thinking/feeling.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Graig Kreindler

Hey guys,

Just got this one back from the photographers. It still needs a little color tweaking, but hope ya dig it:

Now, back to work!!

Graig
Old 06-29-2011, 12:56 PM
Graig Kreindler

Hey guys,

Got these three back today as well. The Collins was posted before, but I had to make some slight adjustments and rephotograph it. Anywho, I hope you guys enjoy 'em:

Eddie Collins, 1909, 9" x 12"

Mickey Mantle, April 14, 1951, 9" x 12"

Willie Mays, 1955, 9" x 12"

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!

Graig
Old 06-29-2011, 04:29 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Absolutely love that Willie Mays Painting! The lighting/shadowing on his face and cap are incredible. Such amazing depth to that one... I amost expect him to start talking!

But what is Mantle so sad about? Any info about the circumstances related to that pose? He looks like he needs some Zoloft
Old 06-29-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Absolutely love that Willie Mays Painting! The lighting/shadowing on his face and cap are incredible. Such amazing depth to that one... I amost expect him to start talking!

But what is Mantle so sad about? Any info about the circumstances related to that pose? He looks like he needs some Zoloft
Mark -
I agree.......... The Willie is alive and The Mick does look sad.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:49 PM
qualitycards

Graig, all 3 are fantastic.....as usual.
Hopefully 1 day we can hook up on an Eddie Plank
Old 06-29-2011, 07:57 PM
Graig Kreindler

Thanks for the comments, guys. I'm glad you dig them.

What I really liked about this particular Mantle image was the fact that he DID look rather troubled. It dates to the series of exhibition games against Brooklyn before the start of the '51 season - I'm sure many of you have seen those waist-up shots of DiMaggio and Mickey posing together, smiling uncomfortably. I think I just fell in love with the idea that when this photograph was taken, Mickey was just this scared 19-year old, who was supposed to become a great Yankee legend from the get-go. From Ruth to Gehrig to DiMaggio to the Oklahoma Kid. I can't even imagine what kind of pressure he must have felt, especially with the NY media and Casey bragging on him for past year or so. Combine that with his ever-present, yearning desire to live up to his Father's expectations, I think you have a really powerful (and tragic) character. I guess I just wanted it to emote something a little darker than I normally go for.

But of course, that's just how I look at it...'cause I'm weird.

Graig

Last edited by GKreindler; 06-29-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:34 PM
Graig Kreindler

Hey guys,

Here's one I just got back from the photographers. Well, not the actual painting yet, but the scan. Right.

It was for a fellow board member, and depicts Babe Ruth exploding out of the batter's box during a June 25, 1920 game against the Red Sox. I seem to have a lot of imagery from this game, so when all is said and done, it will be cool to have a lot of different pieces from one particular event. Or at least, I think it will be cool.

Anywho, hope everyone's keeping cool today (especially you NYers). Any comments/critiques/problems/tomatoes are, as always, appreciated.

Now, back to work!!

Graig
Old 07-18-2011, 06:11 PM

The painting is great. I really like the way you have Babe out of the shadows and into the sun light. I did not realize that "The Great Bambino" could dig out the box that fast................................
Your work is amazing...... When looking at the piece, I feel like I am at the game.
Jerry
Old 07-18-2011, 09:04 PM
Graig Kreindler

Thanks a lot, Jerry!

In actuality, Babe was pretty fast at this point in his career. He was no Cobb, but in the early to mid 1920s, he was averaging around 10-15 stolen bases. He was definitely a different beast then, way before he had that big belly!

Either way, I'm really pleased you like it!

Graig
Old 07-18-2011, 09:32 PM

Check out how many times the Babe stole home.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:00 PM

I've enjoyed reviewing your work, but this one is at a different level for me. It's beautiful light, and you've really captured it. I find that my eye lingers on the umpire and catcher after taking in the action of the Babe, the colorful signage, and the crowd. Those two figures are just so well rendered -- they pop in a subtle way. Great work!
Old 07-18-2011, 10:02 PM

Nobody does light like Graig. (Except, perhaps, Rembrandt.)
Old 07-19-2011, 10:42 AM
Graig Kreindler

Wow, thanks so much, guys. The movement in the picture-plain you described was really what I was hoping for: the eyes go to Ruth first, then the umpire and catcher, and then through the background. I can't really say that it was completely planned, being that this all comes from one specific photograph and all, but I definitely tried to make the more important objects seem a bit more resolved and further refined than the others.

But by far, my favorite part to do was relate the shadow on the dirt to everything else. Having the umpire and catcher sliver into the sunlight was one of favorite parts of the photo to begin with, so I'm glad I got to play with it. Also, there were some great little details in there that I embellished a bit, like the fresh white ball in the umpire's hand, as well as some of the kicked-up dirt by Babe's feet. Overall, I'm definitely pleased with it, and hopefully the client will be as well!

And David, let it be known that I couldn't wash Rembrandt's brushes - that man was a mutant genius. But your sentiment made my heart warm. Thank you.

Graig
Old 07-19-2011, 03:20 PM

Any idea if you'll start making limited edition prints available for future work?
http://s241.photobucket.com/home/woundedduck/allalbums
Old 07-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Graig Kreindler

Hey Woundedduck,

As of now, they're no plans to do any prints, lithos or giclees. If we do start thinking about doing something like that, I'll certainly let you guys know.

I will, however, run another contest on my Facebook fan page at some point in the future, with the winner taking away another free painting. I'm not sure exactly when it will happen, and how I'll run the contest, but I'm thinking that this time, the painting will be bigger than 9" x 12"...but yeah, just some food for thought!

Graig
Old 07-20-2011, 02:10 PM
And.rew Whi.te

If you run another Facebook contest would there be any way to rig it so i will win?? LOL

Looking forward to the contest and seeing more of your work!! Your stuff is amazing!
Old 07-20-2011, 04:44 PM
Graig Kreindler

Thanks again, Andrew.

I don't know if I'll be able to rig anything for the contest, but in my head, it might involve something similar to last time, and then something completely random - all for two different paintings. Yikes.

But again, still in the VERY early planning stages...

Graig
Old 08-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Graig Kreindler

Hey guys,

Here are a few more that I've been working on over the past few weeks. Some of them are closer to being finished than others, but hopefully by the time I get back from Chicago, they'll all be finished that following week...or Dean might have my head.

As usual, please excuse the cruddy photography!

Ed Delahanty, 1903

Pat Collins, 1927

Stan Musial, 1942

Mickey Mantle, 1955

Derek Jeter, 2000

Anywho, hope you dig 'em. Feel free to throw any questions/crits my way!

See y'all in Chicago!

Graig
Old 08-06-2011, 05:55 AM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Last night at the Net54 dinner I had the honor of meeting Graig and his friends. It was certainly the highlight of the dinner. I am strictly into selling cards and I don't usually read the posts in the memorabilia forum. So, last night was the first time I ever heard anything about Graig. Both he and his friends showed me his work which they had photos of on their phones. I was amazed at the quality of workmanship that went into every detail of that picture. It wasn't about the player in the picture, it was just the capture of the moment in each shot. I felt like the picture came alive.
I never in a million years thought that I would write a post about art, but after speaking with Graig and seeing his work, I am a convert.
I hope that one day, I will be able to hang his art in my house. For now, I will display his business card.

BTW, he's a nice guy.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 08-08-2011, 07:34 AM
Graig Kreindler

Aww, Howard, that was all really nice of you to say - seriously, thank you. I very much enjoyed talking with you as well, even if it was only brief. And I must say, I figured my friends would have scared you off long before you actually left - they're definitely on the silly side.

I really did have a wonderful time at the Net54 dinner, especially since I was able to meet and chat with so many lovely people from both sides of the boards. The fact that they all had the love of the hobby in common was the best part. It's not often I can make a reference to Ed Delahanty and have anyone know who the heck I'm talking about. So, It makes me that much more stoked for Baltimore's version. Hopefully for that one, I'll actually be exhibiting, but I guess we'll just have to wait see...

Graig
Old 08-09-2011, 02:23 PM

Hey Graig,
Absolutely love your work! It has inspired me to start painting some vintage. Going to do a Robinson, Williams and Mantle one next, all separate ones though.

Love the work,
Absolon

Last edited by AbsolonMoreau; 08-09-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:23 PM

Double Post, please delete.

Last edited by AbsolonMoreau; 08-09-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:34 AM
Graig Kreindler

Hey all,

So, since I joined this board a couple of years back, you guys have always been so wonderful to me with your encouraging words and support. All of it is appreciated more than you know. Because of all of that, I feel a lot more comfortable showing you guys my work than I do with others. Which is why I wrote this post.

Ever since meeting me in 2007, Dean, my agent, had been suggesting for a while that I try doing a quick, loose painting at some point, just to see what the results would be. He wanted something that didn't have the same attention to detail and was more expressive. Well, I finally took him up on the idea a few months back, and came out with this:

Babe Ruth, 1922

He went bananas over it. He thought that I captured something in his eyes that he described as 'real emotion.' I told him that it wasn't my doing, but Conlon's (as it was based from his photograph), but he insisted that I had something special here.

Anywho, I was wondering if some of you might be willing to lend your thoughts about this little study. Be they good, bad, indifferent, comparable to the 'finished works', or whatever, I would just really love to hear from you. Any feedback you can provide is greatly appreciated.

As usual, you guys rock.

Thanks,

Graig