NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-23-2011, 08:58 PM
Val Kehl

Default USPS Lost this T330-2

Seeing Jim R.'s thread re his missing T206 Hindus (Jim, I hope they turn up) prompted me to initiate this thread. On Dec. 28, 2010, I mailed this T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamp of Chief Bender to fellow Net 54er Johnny "Harmonica" in Connecticut. It never reached Johnny. Should anyone happen to spot it, please let me or Johnny know.
Thanks, Val
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T330-2Bender-front.jpg (55.4 KB, 516 views)
File Type: jpg T330-2Bender-back.jpg (66.6 KB, 516 views)
Old 03-23-2011, 09:04 PM
Jim R

Default Val-Johnny

this really stinks-I don't want to say anything negative but it seems to be a lot of misplaced packages. I hope it is not theft and just some bad sorting going on.

That stamp is even harder to replace than the Hindus. These items are much tougher to find than cash. Lets just hope they show up. I did file the insurance claim. please be on the look out...
Old 03-23-2011, 09:33 PM
Johnny S

I'm still waiting for it to show up! Not good to see other packages go missing, no fun for anyone.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Dave

By any chance did this package ever make a stop in Newark, New Jersey. It seems to be the common last known stop for just about every package I've had lost or delayed for an unreasonable amount of time over the last couple of years.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:16 PM
David Vargha

Wow . . . That is a really nice copy. Sorry to hear about the loss.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:43 PM
Val Kehl

I don't know if the package would have gone thru Newark, NJ, or not - it was sent from Centreville, VA, a suburb of Wash., DC. The USPS did pay my insurance claim faster than I expected, but I'd rather have Johnny's $$ so that this stamp could be added to his cool Bender collection.
Val
Old 03-24-2011, 05:10 AM
MikeHealer

That's too bad Val and Johnny. That is one nice looking stamp.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:08 AM
Tom Boblitt

Was it on the outside of the package or inside? JK on the stamp thing. Glad the claim was paid so quickly. I've had the opposite experience with them. Insurance is expensive but a necessity on higher dollar items................
Old 03-24-2011, 10:54 AM
Barry Arnold

Default usps

val,johnny,jim

sorry to hear about all of this trouble with usps.
i know that getting the insurance money helps but really never replaces what the cards mean to us.

all the best,
barry
Old 03-24-2011, 07:29 PM
Val Kehl

Hi Tom - I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by "Was it on the outside of the package or inside? JK on the stamp thing." Kindly enlighten me.
Thanks, Val
Old 03-24-2011, 08:12 PM

Val,

I think Tom was just joking around asking you if you put the Piedmont stamp on the outside of the package. Sorry for the bad news, especially for Johnny. T330-2's are tough to come by especially in nice condition.

Mike
Old 03-24-2011, 09:38 PM
Johnny S

You think of all the years the card survived and then just gets lost most likely forever and nothing you can do ,except laugh or cry. Here's hoping it shows up!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:10 PM
Val Kehl

Hi Mike - Many thanks for the enlightening me!
Best, Val
Old 03-25-2011, 07:22 AM
Brad Green

As a source of encouragement for you guys who have lost stuff in the mail recently, my neighbor just showed up at my door and handed me an envelope that was mailed on February 17. She said, "I am sorry that I am just now getting around to bringing this over to you. It has been sitting on my desk ever since it was mistakenly placed on our mailbox."
Old 03-25-2011, 08:56 AM
Tom Boblitt

Val.....sorry if I wasn't clear on my tongue-in-cheek comment about the stamp......
I, too, have gotten things literally weeks if not months after they were mailed. Usually it's an item coming from a foreign origin but sometimes has happened with domestic stuff too. Keep the faith that someday it may show up. Tough item to lose. They're scarce to begin with much less in that condition.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:56 PM
Ralph Pr3y€r

Default Lost Then Found

I just got two weeks ago in the mail (USPS) a e-bay purchase which was sent on Oct 22, 2010. The seller sent it with no delivery confirmation so it was just gone. I filled a paypal claim and got reimbursed for the item, it was only $21 w/shipping, I contacted the seller after going though a bunch of old e-mails to even figure out who it was, and re-paid for card. I went to post office the day after it arrived and talked to a supervisor to try to find out what happen, why it took almost 5 months, and they said they couldn't tell exactly, but probably fell behind a table or a machine or something and then was found during a cleaning or someone dropped something important (like their cell phone) and saw it. So don't give up hope it may still turn up...

Last edited by rp12367; 03-25-2011 at 06:57 PM.