NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-10-2011, 06:49 AM
N.ate A.dams

Default NET54 Community: Question on Cubs at Boston Red Sox TIX

NET54 Community:

I joined this forum a few months ago, and have checked it daily. I love the sophisticated banter as well as the professionalism exhibited my so many of its members. Leon: GOOD WORK!

This is just a quick post to throw a question out there. My plan is just in its investigational stages, but I wanted to just ask (it can't hurt to ask!). My younger brother is getting married, and I am soon as well. My sister is leaving for college too. Needless to say, my parents, especially my Paps, are rather depressed thinking about it...everything is going to change. My family is a very close knit family and we love each other to death. My dad is the reason for my love of baseball and its something he, my brother and I have enjoyed for 25 years. We're lifelong and die hard Cubs fans (my dad grew up with White Sox and Cubs - he likes both....how, I dont know).

Anyways - I thought it would be awesome as a last hurrah to fly up from FL to Boston and enjoy 1 or 2 games at Fenway. We've never been to Fenway or even Boston.

I am just checking before I really look at Stubhub to see if anyone has some tix available they are looking to sell. Doubt anyone would miss this game, but its worth a shot.

Thank you NET54 and I apologize if this is the wrong place for this message!

Thanks,

Nate
Old 05-10-2011, 08:09 AM
Scott S

Hey Nate,

Good luck with the plans - wish you had checked in earlier, as I probably could've helped with some tickets a week ago!

As an FYI, the series has been hyped in Boston all year, and tickets are at more of a premium than normal. Expect to pay $75-$100 each for bleachers, $100 and up for grandstands ($150-$200 if they are in the infield), and more for box seats.

Scott
Old 05-10-2011, 09:46 AM
N.ate A.dams

I greatly appreciate the comment - regardless. I wish I had thought of it earlier as well!

Assuming Interleague continues - the Cubs will only play at Fenway every 8 years, if not more.

Thanks Scott,

Nate

Last edited by npa589; 05-10-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:31 PM
Dan McCarthy

I don't have tickets, but I've got some Fenway tips for ya. I don't know what sort of price range you're looking at, but in my opinion it's a lot better to sit in the first few rows of the bleachers than out in the right field grandstand/field box, even though they're technically "worse" (cheaper) seats. The seats are more comfortable and the view is better, in my opinion. I really like sections 16 and 17 for more mid-range tickets. If you're getting really nice seats then all of this is completely irrelevant. Have fun at the game!
Old 05-10-2011, 02:58 PM
Jeff

FYI,
if you buy box seats be prepared for really, really small seats.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 05-11-2011, 10:25 AM
N.ate A.dams

I'm in the low low price range. Heh.

Thank you for the advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by collectbaseball View Post
I don't have tickets, but I've got some Fenway tips for ya. I don't know what sort of price range you're looking at, but in my opinion it's a lot better to sit in the first few rows of the bleachers than out in the right field grandstand/field box, even though they're technically "worse" (cheaper) seats. The seats are more comfortable and the view is better, in my opinion. I really like sections 16 and 17 for more mid-range tickets. If you're getting really nice seats then all of this is completely irrelevant. Have fun at the game!
Old 05-11-2011, 10:26 AM
N.ate A.dams

If I'm there, I'll probably be in the bleachers...

Thank you for the advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
FYI,
if you buy box seats be prepared for really, really small seats.