NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 05-22-2014, 07:49 AM
Tom
T0m Rus.so

Interesting comment. Now this has degenerated to a lawyer bashing thread? Great. Jeffrey Lichtman is looking for attention? I do not know Jeff personally and never had any business dealings with him. I do know him by reputation as I am also a criminal defense attorney. While I am of the small town. "dime a dozen" "loudmouth" variety myself, Jeff Lichtman is one of the best, well-known and successful criminal defense attorneys in the greatest city in the world. He has been on TV and radio numerous times and gets plenty of attention for the great work that he does. He certainly does not need to seek attention here.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:51 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtrain View Post
Interesting comment. Now this has degenerated to a lawyer bashing thread? Great. Jeffrey Lichtman is looking for attention? I do not know Jeff personally and never had any business dealings with him. I do know him by reputation as I am also a criminal defense attorney. While I am of the small town. "dime a dozen" "loudmouth" variety myself, Jeff Lichtman is one of the best, well-known and successful criminal defense attorneys in the greatest city in the world. He has been on TV and radio numerous times and gets plenty of attention for the great work that he does. He certainly does not need to seek attention here.
But he is a belligerent loudmouth, no?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:53 AM
Tom
T0m Rus.so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
But he is a belligerent loudmouth, no?
To some extent, it is part of the job.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:56 AM
T!M R10rd@n

Jeff,

For what it's worth, I appreciate you efforts and commitment to protecting a great hobby.

Thanks.

P.S. over the years I've come to realize that you're not the Jeff Lichtman that I see in the advertisements in the Subway.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:58 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by timzcardz View Post

P.S. over the years I've come to realize that you're not the Jeff Lichtman that I see in the advertisements in the Subway.
Ugh. Praise Jesus.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:02 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Hey, it's Glenn Willrich, another Net 54 fraudster who was allowed back onto Net 54 after committing fraud and threatening members!
So "Bud" who was defending Glenn was Glenn all along?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:03 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGuyTy View Post
A beligerent, loudmouth, dime a dozen defense attorney (who's constantly looking for the attention that he lacks) is giving lectures on human moral as it pertains to telling the truth and never lying????? Hahaha, oh that's rich!

Seriously though Jeff it's gotta be tough for you everyday dealing with being so f*cking cool and all isn't it?......I would bet you're the coolest guy you know......
Glenn- As far as I know Jeff is very honest. Actually he is brutally honest. As far as I know you aren't. I wouldn't go off too much on him.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:10 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
J.

I still like to think it's him

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 05-22-2014, 08:16 AM
Rob G.

Quote:
Jeff,

For what it's worth, I appreciate you efforts and commitment to protecting a great hobby.

Thanks.
agreed
Old 05-22-2014, 08:21 AM
Anthony

thought I would lighten the mood here. Baseball and a good looking girl, what else could a guy ask for? (well, for me its a Mets winning season)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imagesCA56MZBK.jpg (12.3 KB, 510 views)
2013 Topps Autograph Set: 84/660 12.72% Complete
2014 Topps Heritage W/SP's: 393/500 78.6% Complete
Old 05-22-2014, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Joey- this is my first post on this thread, but after reading it in its entirety, you need to walk away from this hobby and get some professional help. Saying we all make mistakes is completely lame and absolute bullshit. I'm not going to comment on your home robbery, I have absolutely no idea if it's true or not, but the way you have conducted business is entirely unacceptable. If you think you have OCD see a shrink. But you should not be participating in this hobby until you get your shit worked out.
I was going to post something like this, but Barry beat me to it. I think banning Joey is the proper avenue here. Banning him won't give him the opportunity to defraud people and will protect the community as a whole. This is beginning to appear more and more like a money grab. Fool me once...
Old 05-22-2014, 09:02 AM
Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6-4-3memorabilia View Post
thought I would lighten the mood here. Baseball and a good looking girl, what else could a guy ask for? (well, for me its a Mets winning season)

Agreed. A beautiful woman is taking me to a game tomorrow night. How lucky is that?
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:05 AM
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Only Smoke 4 the Cards View Post
Agreed. A beautiful woman is taking me to a game tomorrow night. How lucky is that?
more lucky than me.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:51 AM

Let me start off by saying that I think Joey bought a photo off of me a few months ago. He paid in a timely fashion and I left positive feedback. But it does annoy me to hear he hasn't paid a bunch of other sellers. And then just brushes it off with the whole "I have a problem and I'm working on it" schtick. Fine, you're working on it. Good luck with that.

But it's not just your problem. Some might say, no harm, no foul, the seller will just relist. Not that simple. Aside from the time wasted waiting for a non-payer to pay (and time is money, as they say), then having to file a claim and wait for the ebay idiots to refund your fees, I've found that once an auction item sells at a certain price and it isn't paid for, it inevitably does worse the next time it's listed. Often MUCH worse. And the second-chance offer for the next highest bidder is a waste of time. No one ever accepts in my experience. People are always suspicious it's a scam, or there's something wrong with the item. So a photo that maybe sold for $150 to a non-payer is relisted, but because it's now "tainted" in some bidders' eyes, it only sells for $100 next time. So the seller's out 50 bucks, plus time wasted, plus annoyance. Now multiply that by the dozens of instances where it appears Joey didn't pay. He might have cost sellers hundreds of dollars, or even into the thousands.

I hope you get yourself together, Joey, I honestly do. But just know that your actions have real consequences. If you can't pay, don't bid. If you can't pay your bills, don't bid. Some of us do ebay as a second job so we CAN pay our bills. I know I do. I enjoy ebay and selling, but stuff like this is endlessly frustrating as a seller.

Rob
Old 05-22-2014, 09:55 AM
Anthony

100% agree with the 2nd chance offer, I never except them even if I need the item. I am always worried about some kind of shill bidding going on. This recently happened to me I lost out on a Willie Mays signed Jersey (forgot what it went for) but I got into a bidding war with another bidder (with low feedback) and he won the item for like $2 over my max bid. (this is after bidding each other up $50 in a 3 min span). Anyway about an hour after the auction I get a 2nd chance offer on it. I declined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsguy1969 View Post
Let me start off by saying that I think Joey bought a photo off of me a few months ago. He paid in a timely fashion and I left positive feedback. But it does annoy me to hear he hasn't paid a bunch of other sellers. And then just brushes it off with the whole "I have a problem and I'm working on it" schtick. Fine, you're working on it. Good luck with that.

But it's not just your problem. Some might say, no harm, no foul, the seller will just relist. Not that simple. Aside from the time wasted waiting for a non-payer to pay (and time is money, as they say), then having to file a claim and wait for the ebay idiots to refund your fees, I've found that once an auction item sells at a certain price and it isn't paid for, it inevitably does worse the next time it's listed. Often MUCH worse. And the second-chance offer for the next highest bidder is a waste of time. No one ever accepts in my experience. People are always suspicious it's a scam, or there's something wrong with the item. So a photo that maybe sold for $150 to a non-payer is relisted, but because it's now "tainted" in some bidders' eyes, it only sells for $100 next time. So the seller's out 50 bucks, plus time wasted, plus annoyance. Now multiply that by the dozens of instances where it appears Joey didn't pay. He might have cost sellers hundreds of dollars, or even into the thousands.

I hope you get yourself together, Joey, I honestly do. But just know that your actions have real consequences. If you can't pay, don't bid. If you can't pay your bills, don't bid. Some of us do ebay as a second job so we CAN pay our bills. I know I do. I enjoy ebay and selling, but stuff like this is endlessly frustrating as a seller.

Rob
Old 05-22-2014, 10:09 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
That's crap.

Gary, with all due respect to you, it took as much "courage" for him to do that, as it is taking for me to type this.

Doug
Quote:
Maybe Gary got confused about the meaning of the word "courage" with Memorial Day coming up and all.

And Gary, the "past" you claim I brought up about Joey occurred in April of 2014 when he was still committing fraud on eBay. He also lied repeatedly in this thread, claiming he's been on the straight and narrow for two years when dozens of Net 54 members know first hand that this is not true. Is the past which includes the previous few days not fair game when judging someone's character?
I do not condone what Joey has done one bit, whether it was the nonpayment of items that he contractually agreed to purchase or the continuous lying to try to cover his tracks. However, I think it does take some courage to admit your mistakes even on a public internet forum like this. There have been some fairly inflamed threads on this board in the past, and some shady characters, and Adrian, of course. I could be wrong, but I don't remember anyone apologizing for their actions in any of those threads. If it were that easy to just fall on your sword, it would have been done more often in the past. In addition, I believe the first step in many addiction treatment programs such as AA is to admit you have a problem. If admitting you have a problem were not important, it would not be the first step.

Again, I realize that there is a vast difference between talk and actions. Joey could very well be publicly saying he has a problem, but not truly admitting it to himself. Therefore, there is no question that he has further to go. He cannot continue to do what he's done, and he definitely cannot continue to compulsively lie. I hope that he can turn things around in the future.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:22 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
I could be wrong, but I don't remember anyone apologizing for their actions in any of those threads. If it were that easy to just fall on your sword, it would have been done more often in the past.
On the internet, apologizing is like throwing out a piece of raw meat.

(I still can't believe Barry said "shit")
Old 05-22-2014, 10:30 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post

Ban him!!

Old 05-22-2014, 10:33 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
...well, if this is the kind of guy we want here then you have exactly the kind of forum you deserve. I can't believe that I'm the only one who wants better.
Jeff, I applaud your Net54 (and other venues) battle against fraud. What I've seen is that any time you bring up fraud, you immediately get morons crawling out of the woodwork. Once a moron enters the conversation, more join, then you find them latching onto more intelligent forum members who simply want to take a bite out of your butt for other discussions that didn't end the way they wanted. It's formulaic.

It's a thankless, unwinnable effort, but still appreciated by many of us. Every time I hook horns with a moron I get plenty of email and P.M. support, as you've described, but most forum members are savvy enough to realize that you can't win such battles, so they stay out of it publicly. That's what you are up against, but the support is definitely there.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:36 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
However, I think it does take some courage to admit your mistakes even on a public internet forum like this. In addition, I believe the first step in many addiction treatment programs such as AA is to admit you have a problem. If admitting you have a problem were not important, it would not be the first step.

Again, I realize that there is a vast difference between talk and actions. Joey could very well be publicly saying he has a problem, but not truly admitting it to himself. Therefore, there is no question that he has further to go. He cannot continue to do what he's done, and he definitely cannot continue to compulsively lie. I hope that he can turn things around in the future.
He lied during this very thread. He did not admit he had yet another recent problem until after he was forced to after being confronted with many of his phony eBay IDs. Does that strike you as someone who is admitting he has a problem? And the only reason he keeps apologizing year after year is because there is a segment of Net 54 which keeps falling for it. The fact is, his fraud of two years ago has continued unabated as evidenced by the dates of his negative feedback. He lied then and has continued to lie -- he just threw out a phony apology back then to allow himself some breathing room until he could start lying again.

As for his profile in courage, he lies about cancer, pregnancy, death and unemployment. Courage? He's the most cowardly guy imaginable.

Last edited by calvindog; 05-22-2014 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:41 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

For the record I am very much in support of Jeff's (hi Jeff) crusade on fraud. I agree completely with what Runscott just said too.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:50 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
What I've seen is that any time you bring up fraud, you immediately get morons crawling out of the woodwork. Once a moron enters the conversation, more join, then you find them latching onto more intelligent forum members who simply want to take a bite out of your butt for other discussions that didn't end the way they wanted. It's formulaic.
You're 100 percent right on this. Someone gets his feelings hurt in another thread, suddenly he's supporting Joey's ludicrous position.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:55 AM
Chr!$ "Bubba" L@mb

I think if it can be proven that Joey has tried to circumvent his ban from the B/S/T area by contacting board members through pm's to buy, sell and/or trade then he should be banned. Isn't the whole point of banning him from the B/S/T area to keep him from transacting with this board's membership?
Old 05-22-2014, 10:56 AM
Belltown Vintage

What !?!?!?! 2 people agreeing with me?

Quitting while I'm ahead - see you all tomorrow.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:10 AM
Barry Sloate

Quote:

At least I spelled it correctly.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:40 PM
Barry Arnold

Default Imho

Often, we, as a forum, take a very long time to decide what to do in the cauldron of problematic difficulties. Often, it is quite a mix of things:
genuine concern for person(s) involved, a call for appropriate justice, a longing for a return to enlightening hobby discussions, and, even, a desire to win or achieve 'something' at all costs. This discussion is surely such a mix.
Many of us have seen this for well over a decade on this board.
At this juncture, I would hope that we would realize that it is time to move forward
as the community of vintage baseball hobbyists that we are and recognize
that activities which effectuate the dissolution of trust, particularly financial
trust, have no place on this board. Removal of all board privileges at this point
would be a positive step forward toward healing for both this board and the
person at issue.
all the best,
barry
Old 05-22-2014, 01:01 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Hi Barry,
I have to say that is one of the most eloquent posts I have ever read on this forum. As I was reading it, I felt like you were channeling Thomas Jefferson when he was writing the Declaration of Independence.
" When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation"
It was a joy to read as most people don't write like that anymore.
Thanks,
Mark

BTW, as Memorial Day approaches, I think of these great heroes. If anyone here has not read the Declaration, I encourage you to do so. It is a spectacularly beautiful document that allows all to appreciate how incredible the English language can be in the hands of a master writer like Jefferson.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL

Last edited by Lordstan; 05-22-2014 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:07 PM
Banned

Leon- I accept the decision to be banned if thats what everyone wants. Theres no point of being a member on here if the majority of people want me out. I have things i need to fix before i can ever think of being accepted on this forum. I let myself down and my personal ebay issues will be my main focus.

Jeff- before attacking someone and going on this personal vendetta look in the mirror and say " i dont have to be a douche bag" and then address me correctly. Your personal attacks and cheap shots are bullsh*t. I feel bad for your kids if they spill juice on the floor.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:15 PM
J@son M1ller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyF1981 View Post
Leon- I accept the decision to be banned if thats what everyone wants. Theres no point of being a member on here if the majority of people want me out. I have things i need to fix before i can ever think of being accepted on this forum. I let myself down and my personal ebay issues will be my main focus.

Jeff- before attacking someone and going on this personal vendetta look in the mirror and say " i dont have to be a douche bag" and then address me correctly. Your personal attacks and cheap shots are bullsh*t. I feel bad for your kids if they spill juice on the floor.
Your pattern is obvious and shows no sign of changing.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:24 PM
T!M R10rd@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyF1981 View Post

Thanks for the chuckle!

I didn't realize that if one was banned from here, that one had a choice to accept it or not!
Old 05-22-2014, 01:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for the chuckle!

I didn't realize that if one was banned from here, that one had a choice to accept it or not!
Lol
Old 05-22-2014, 01:32 PM
Scott

Joey, why don't you stop instigating more on here by replying? Just a thought.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:41 PM

I think Joey should be suspended from the Board unless and until he gets his problem under control. Failing to follow through on purchases, apparently on many occasions, is bad enough. Vile attacks on a Board member who discloses this information for the benefit of everyone in the hobby pushes this case over the line in my view.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:52 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Default Hey Joey

The jerk store called and their running out of you!
Old 05-22-2014, 02:09 PM
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
The jerk store called and their running out of you!
Oh yeah? well I had sex with your wife
Old 05-22-2014, 02:17 PM
Barry Sloate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6-4-3memorabilia View Post
Oh yeah? well I had sex with your wife
His wife is in a coma.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:34 PM
Anthony

Everybody has their own little opinions, and it all gets homogenised, and you lose the whole edge of it. I'm going with jerk store! Jerk store is the line! Jerk store!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (6.4 KB, 471 views)
Old 05-22-2014, 03:07 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Joey, I have a "personal vendetta" against fraudsters in our hobby. Why you seem to think this is anything but that is lost on me.

And my kids aren't greasy scumbags who were raised to lie and cheat the way you were, so don't worry about them. If you ever get your imaginary fiancé pregnant after getting an imaginary job, I only hope that you can set a better example for your kids than you have on Net 54, eBay and the various other places you've disgraced yourself.

Last edited by calvindog; 05-22-2014 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-22-2014, 03:13 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
His wife is in a coma.
I think someone has hijacked Barry's ID. First "shit" now this.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:15 PM
Barry Sloate

Peter- you are aware that posts 234-236 were a Seinfeld bit. Just a little levity after a wearisome thread.
Old 05-22-2014, 03:17 PM
Graig Kreindler

Man, I'm hungry.

Graig
Old 05-22-2014, 03:22 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Peter- you are aware that posts 234-236 were a Seinfeld bit. Just a little levity after a wearisome thread.
I am too culturally challenged to have picked up on that.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:24 PM
Barry Sloate

Not everybody watched the show.
Old 05-22-2014, 03:28 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Quote:
Not everybody watched the show.
Really.!
I thought it was a law that watching was mandatory.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 05-22-2014, 03:31 PM
Buddy Wi11:rich
Banned

Quote:
Hey, it's Glenn Willrich, another Net 54 fraudster who was allowed back onto Net 54 after committing fraud and threatening members!
Jeffrey bear....are you mad now?......aww, watch that little pu$$y temper of yours, you remember last time

Keep seeking that attention Mary, it will come. BTW....Still arguing with yourself on Twitter and FB? News flash! Nobody listens to anything that comes out of that mouth of yours. If you're still bored go back and jack off to your cards, I think that new Chase of yours needs a good facial

Keep trying to claim fraud on everybody because AS USUAL you don't have a f*cking clue what you're talking about. Now go back under that rock you crawled out from this morning.
Old 05-22-2014, 03:36 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Glenn, yes last time you got banned, of course I remember. You were using multiple Net 54 IDs to try to sell a $1000 card. You seem to have come a long way since then.
Old 05-22-2014, 03:51 PM
Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKreindler View Post
Man, I'm hungry.

Graig
Me too Graig. In fact after this rather remarkable thread, I'm changing my name to T-bone.
Old 05-22-2014, 03:56 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen in Time View Post
Me too Graig. In fact after this rather remarkable thread, I'm changing my name to T-bone.
So you won't be upset if someone makes you a lobster omelette and doesn't warn you?
Old 05-22-2014, 04:00 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKreindler View Post
Man, I'm hungry.

Graig

Schnitzers.....

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears
Old 05-22-2014, 04:11 PM
Craig

Quote:
So you won't be upset if someone makes you a lobster omelette and doesn't warn you?
As long as there is no shrinkage!