NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

View Poll Results: What will the Mantle Photo sell for (including the juice)?
$25,000 - 30,000 3 5.66%
$30,001 - 35,000 7 13.21%
$35,001 - 40,000 7 13.21%
$40,001 - 45,000 4 7.55%
Over $45,000 32 60.38%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2012, 05:50 PM
Brock

No I'm not saying my photo should be worth as much as the Mantle. I know the Mantle is rare and should be worth money, but come on 45K plus, 75k plus for the 1948 Ruth final day at Yankee Stadium. I know their rare pieces and are worth much, but it's still crazy money for A Photo.

And I collect game used items.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:08 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
No I'm not saying my photo should be worth as much as the Mantle. I know the Mantle is rare and should be worth money, but come on 45K plus, 75k plus for the 1948 Ruth final day at Yankee Stadium. I know their rare pieces and are worth much, but it's still crazy money for A Photo.

And I collect game used items.
Why do you think they are crazy money for a photo? Is it because you do not collect/appreciate them or don't have that kind of money?

Have you paid 4, 5 or 6 figures for any of your stuff? If so, what did you buy?

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 05-29-2012, 06:12 PM
Brock

You know why I think it's crazy, because it's a photo. That's it, just a photo. And no I have never spent above $1,000 on my collection, because I'm a small time collector and don't make that type of money. And I do like wire photos and own several.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:38 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
You know why I think it's crazy, because it's a photo. That's it, just a photo. And no I have never spent above $1,000 on my collection, because I'm a small time collector and don't make that type of money. And I do like wire photos and own several.
Brock,
I am a collector too. I have spent/overexteded myself several times but for the most part, have less than 100 dollars in each photo on average. I went on your site and you said you have owned items other have dreamed about as well as made 50x more on an item. That is great!
My point was not to belittle you on money as I had/have no idea what position you are in nor do I care. So I hope you didn't take it that way.

I was just trying to make a point in that we all are passionate about different things in the hobby.

I think it is crazy to spend 100k on cards that are massed produced or millions on jerseys(without provenance) or 100k on a signed baseball without seeing it in person.
I do think that this photo is worth every penny it goes for though. I guess we are all crazy.

Last edited by Forever Young; 05-29-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:12 PM
WillRow.ett III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
Why do you think they are crazy money for a photo? Is it because you do not collect/appreciate them or don't have that kind of money?

Have you paid 4, 5 or 6 figures for any of your stuff? If so, what did you buy?
Ben, now you're just being a dickhead. The guy can have an opinion without having your cash flow requirements. This is exactly the bullshit I was talking about. Do you have an insecurity that forces you to belittle people who can't spend as as much on their collections as you do?

Last edited by Splinte1941; 05-29-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:22 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinte1941 View Post
Ben, now you're just being a dickhead. The guy can have an opinion without having your cash flow requirements. This is exactly the bullshit I was talking about.
That was not my intention at all actually...I am tryiing to get an idea of why he thinks photos are not as important as game used items. He has probably spent much more on his items on average than I or anyone have spent on photos.
Myself, I do not own or have interest in owning game used stuff. PRIMARILY because they cost too much and I am not educated in the field/don't feel comfortable buying them with all the stuff in Harpers.

My post is in no way to talk about how much money one has or does not have. It was to understand why people think certain items are are/aren't worth crazy money .

As far as requirements and dickheads go, I am not concerned with things like that as clearly you are.

Last edited by Forever Young; 05-29-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:31 PM
WillRow.ett III

Quote:
That was not my intention at all actually...I am tryiing to get an idea of why he thinks photos are not as important as game used items. He has probably spent much more on his items on average than I or anyone have spent on photos.
Myself, I do not own or have interest in owning game used stuff. PRIMARILY becaus ethey cost too much and I am not educated in teh field/don't feel comfortable buying them with all the stuff in Harpers.

My post is in no way to talk about how much money one has or does not have. It was to understand why people think certain items are are worth crazy money and why they don't.

As far as requirements and dickheads go, I am not concerned with things like that as clearly you are.
Please do not start crying poor mouth. We know what that Ruth photo went for in that last auction. You're doing fine.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:39 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinte1941 View Post
Please do not start crying poor mouth. We know what that Ruth photo went for in that last auction. You're doing fine.
Are you on medication?

Old 05-29-2012, 06:41 PM
WillRow.ett III

Quote:
Are you on medication?
If red wine qualifies, yes.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:42 PM